DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexguys View Post
Funkym, it is really poor form to pose as an independent user when you are actually the developer of Task Master and Next Action.

Here is proof you are the vendor S4BB in 4 easy steps:

1) Here is where you (as funkym) posted as a SPONSOR in Sponsor Promotions/Savings for mobilesoftmarket.com:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/spon...oftmarket.html

2) A whois domain lookup at Network Solutions (nsi.com) reveals this:
Domain Name: MOBILESOFTMARKET.COM
Registrant:
S4BB Limited
1801 Wing On Central Building
26 Des Voeux Road
Hong Kong, Central 00000
Hong Kong
Here's the link at Network Solutions: mobilesoftmarket.com WHOIS domain registration information from Network Solutions

Not a big surprise that mobilesoftmarket features s4bb products as its best sellers.

3) And a visit to s4bb.com of course finds that s4bb publishes Task Master and Next Action.

4) Anyone that wants to waste five minutes reading your posts finds constant posts trashing other products while promoting your own, all the while denying that you are the vendor. Check this one out as a sample:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...tml#post638638

It would be a lot better for everyone on this forum if you stuck to what your products do well, instead of trying to knock down everyone else. Makes us wonder how many more identities you have here.

the REXguys
Violence on Xmas, I love it! !

Last edited by DaBlackberryBoy; 12-25-2008 at 08:50 PM..
Old 12-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #22
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Go get him REX.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #23
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
Carrier: HK CSL
Smile

I am sorry if I brought some confusion in here. I am also sorry if I wrote comments which could be interpreted that I want to "knock down" something or somebody. That was not my intention - just my personal opinion.

No, I am not what people want me to be. Yes, I am running a blog (check my signature - I do not hide anything) and Yes, s4bb is one of several sponsors of the blog who help me paying the rent of the server. Of course, I am thankful for that it keeps the community going. BlackBerryForums is also sponsored by them (I just guessed that because I saw their app banners in here...). There is no problem with that, right? This blogging thing is actually just for fun for me and done in my spare time. So I mentioned one of their discounts ... well, just wanted to share the info on that (btw: there is a discount on elecite bb themes right now). If mods consider that spam they can delete it if they want and I will never mention such things again. I don't mind

I tested several apps and mostly write about things I like and just state my critics - positive and negative - e.g. I like PocketMac and hate MissingSync. I also tested task software of any kind and - you won't believe it - I even tested the rex app. It is just not my thing and I don't like original BlackBerry Tasks app either. The question here was about personal experience and opinions which is all I wrote. It seems many people are happy with your REXapp and I am happy for that - happy for you. I appreciate your work; I really do. Keep on working!

Sorry for avoiding any fight guys. Peace and harmony! Merry X'Mas and a Happy New Year!
Old 12-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #24
SVF
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Task Management Blackberry

Opinions are invaluable. Deception depletes opinion to worthlessness.
I have used every 'Task Manager' I can get my hands on; quite a few (not all) have good functionality. None suited me completely.
I Use Rex ToDo Matrix and in fact other Rex Wireless products.
Why:
1. Works for me.
2. The Rex Guys.
3. Nothing else even comes close.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:58 AM   #25
Rooster99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Telus

Well, I just tried Task Pro as an alternative to the standard Task app. No joy for me. Does even less than TaskMaster or the standard Task app, at least on a Storm.

Can't hide completed tasks. Can only sort one level (ie - Date, or Category, etc.). Only works in portrait mode )again, this is on a Storm which they may not support yet. Doesn't even scroll through the tasks you do have. It does at least neatly display the completed status and the due date neatly, but again it's all on one line so to see the description of a Task you have to open it. I think I could live with this, but the lack of 2 level sort and inability to hide completed Tasks are deal breakers.

Definitely not ready for prime time in the Storm world. Based on the functionality I saw, won't do it for me even when it is ported.

Off to the next one ...

- R.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:59 AM   #26
Rooster99
Thumbs Must Hurt

For those interested, I just downloaded TaskMaster and don't think it's for me.

Key issue is it lacks the 2 level sort - for instance, Priority within Due Date. I would actually prefer Category within Due Date, but ...

The data it displays is also limited. You get 1 line/Task, which means only about 40 characters. To see more you need to open the Task. And if you select the Due Date to be displayed, it's on that single line and for some reason it can get crowded off the screen. It does display the Outlook Priority beside each Task, so that's nice.

I would need to have separate fields for the Due Date display, ideally the Category as well, and absolutely have to have the 2 level Sort. Maybe TaskReports is the solution, but I want all of it in 1 app. Overall, TaskMaster doesn't seem to add a whole lot to the standard BB Task app.

On to spend my Friday night testing other task management apps. I would prefer to have a life, of course, but ... sigh ...

- R.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #27
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

What do you think of the task function in PocketDay?

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:45 AM   #28
Rooster99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Don't know about PocketDay yet. I've tried to summarize my findings in my post "Agendus (and other Task/PIM apps) for Storm".

Will try and keep that one updated. Right now I'm trying to catch up on all the work I stalled while looking for task management apps. I'm sure there's some irony in there somewhere! <g>

- R.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #29
pretzelb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexguys View Post
Funkym, it is really poor form to pose as an independent user when you are actually the developer of Task Master and Next Action.

Here is proof you are the vendor S4BB in 4 easy steps:

1) Here is where you (as funkym) posted as a SPONSOR in Sponsor Promotions/Savings for mobilesoftmarket.com:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/spon...oftmarket.html

2) A whois domain lookup at Network Solutions (nsi.com) reveals this:
Domain Name: MOBILESOFTMARKET.COM
Registrant:
S4BB Limited
1801 Wing On Central Building
26 Des Voeux Road
Hong Kong, Central 00000
Hong Kong
Here's the link at Network Solutions: mobilesoftmarket.com WHOIS domain registration information from Network Solutions

Not a big surprise that mobilesoftmarket features s4bb products as its best sellers.

3) And a visit to s4bb.com of course finds that s4bb publishes Task Master and Next Action.

4) Anyone that wants to waste five minutes reading your posts finds constant posts trashing other products while promoting your own, all the while denying that you are the vendor. Check this one out as a sample:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...tml#post638638

It would be a lot better for everyone on this forum if you stuck to what your products do well, instead of trying to knock down everyone else. Makes us wonder how many more identities you have here.

the REXguys
I find it ironic that the first line in this bashing email is about "poor form".

I wanted a task or to-do application, and you seem to have a well liked product, but you just turned me totally off with this attack (no matter how justified it may be). It will now be hard for me to evaluate your product without thinking about this ugly post.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:30 AM   #30
Funkdrspot

Model: 8300
Carrier: Sprint

I'm gonna jump on the OP's bandwagon cause I'm in desperate need of a task manager. I'm a simple guy. My only qualms with the blackberry's app is that

a. I hate plain white backgrounds. I hate them. Either add a pic or allow the user to flip it so the background is black and the words are white. I just downloaded Got-2 and I love how they did that.

b. I hate that there is no form of audible alert. If anyone knows a way around this then by all means let me know!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #31
Rooster99
Thumbs Must Hurt

First, I should qualify my comment above regarding trying out Task Pro. I'd tried eMobile Task Pro and my comments apply to it. I haven't tried BB Task Pro, which seems to provide more functionality.

Second, if you want to manage more than just tasks, I finally bought the latest release of Pocket Informant (1.50). It's a full PIM - Tasks, Contacts, Calendar Items, etc. Does a lot for $20. And it's a proper Storm version. Still a few bugs - it's their first full Storm version - but very powerful, flexible and easy to use. Offers a direct sync to Outlook, but I'm using it with a local sync to the native BB PIM databases. I'm on day 2 and loving it.

- R.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #32
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I do not like the idea that you have to sync PI with your native apps

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #33
Rooster99
Thumbs Must Hurt

You dont have to sync PI with your native apps. You can sync it directly to Outlook if you wish, and have the native apps also sync to Outlook, with no interaction between the native apps and PI. Or you can just have PI sync to Outlook with the native apps not syncing to anything. Or you can sync the native apps to Outlook and have PI automatically, in real time, sync to the native apps (this is the way I have it). And the syncs can be one way or two way. And they can be different depending on the app (Calendar vs. Contacts, etc. It depends on what you want to do - there's a lot of flexibility there.

Not trying to be a fanboy here, but it's good product. Doesn't fit everyone I'm sure, but it's a good product nonetheless. Beats anything else I've seen.

- R.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #34
jrlawhorne

Model: 8800
Carrier: Alltel
Smile TaskJot might be for you

TaskJot is new, just out of beta. We're still taking lots of requests for improvements and implementing them in the current major release.

Our major feature over many other products is sync with an online Task app Toodledo. Toodledo has a free account option that is very functional and they have a very open data policy. Its easy to get your data out and put your data in just in case you want to move later.

You can give TaskJot a try free for 14 days. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, tell us why so we can fix it.

And, if its not obvious, I am the developer of TaskJot but not affiliated with Toodledo other than the TaskJot link.

Best,

JR Lawhorne
Founder
Fieldstone Software, LLC
www.fieldstone-software.com
www.taskjot.com
Old 09-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #35
conker
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 249E86E3
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlawhorne View Post
TaskJot is new, just out of beta. We're still taking lots of requests for improvements and implementing them in the current major release.

Our major feature over many other products is sync with an online Task app Toodledo. Toodledo has a free account option that is very functional and they have a very open data policy. Its easy to get your data out and put your data in just in case you want to move later.

You can give TaskJot a try free for 14 days. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, tell us why so we can fix it.

And, if its not obvious, I am the developer of TaskJot but not affiliated with Toodledo other than the TaskJot link.

Best,

JR Lawhorne
Founder
Fieldstone Software, LLC
Fieldstone Software - Software, Blackberry, and Web Development
TaskJot - GTD Blackberry todo program that syncs with Toodledo
Hello JR, I have been evaluating TaskJot, and so far so good - but there seems to be a huge feature missing... Alarms!

Alarms in the form of:
  • The ability to pick from the handsets ring tones
  • Notification dialog popup that displays when date/time has been reached (similar to system calendar)
  • The ability to control alarms based on Profiles

Also, what about integration into the calendar as an option?

Thanks, keep up the good work. I am *almost* sold.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #36
jrlawhorne

Model: 8800
Carrier: Alltel
Default Thanks Conker - Alerts

Thanks for the feedback Conker! We'll be adding alarms/alerts in some form very soon. We're also working on sync with the BB Tasks and Calendar app. With those, alerts will also be possible.

Anyone can send us feedback via our site also. You'll typically get a quicker response there than in the forums.

TaskJot - GTD Blackberry todo program that syncs with Toodledo

Best,

JR
Old 09-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #37
adamlau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930

Wirelessly posted

I use ToDoMatrix exclusively. Might give TaskJot a try this weekend.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #38
conker
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 249E86E3
Carrier: AT&T

Yeah, I think ToDoMatrix is generally the agreed upon front-runner, but it's price turns a lot of people off - like me....

There is a huge missing feature, though, there is no interface on a desktop PC over the web to manipulate your tasks. I understand there is a desktop client, but that is so old-school Live in the cloud!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #39
adamlau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930

There most certainly is and for quite a while now: Please Log In
Old 11-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #40
brennna

Model: storm
Carrier: verizon
Default something with a desktop app for a mac?

there's so much good info in this thread - you guys are awesome - but here's a question:
do you know of a good task management program that has a stand-alone desktop application/interface for a Mac (i'm not comfortable posting all that personal info on an external server as with Rex, toodledo, etc)?
Agendus seems to have a decent option but that's only for the PC. And OmniFocus looks awesome but it's not Blackberry (and therefore Verizon) friendly...

Suggestions?
Closed Thread