BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #21
kraqur

Model: 7100T

Please Login to Remove!

For users with this issue, there is a solution specifically with Microsoft Exchange and POP phone clients.

After much trial-and-error research, this is what was discovered:

As stated previously, there is an issue with Microsoft Exchange 2000 in regards to downloading message headers and having them marked as read. If you are running Microsoft Exchange 2000, it's recommended that you upgrade to SP3 to relieve this issue. As stated before, the link to the KB article is support.microsoft.com/kb/329970

The 'Message marked as read' bug is simply not a bug, but a design implementation.

To have your phone download POP messages from a Microsoft Exchange Server and not mark them as 'Read', simply program your phone to download only the message header. If you decide to view the message afterwards, your phone will download this message and thus be marked as Read on the Exchange side.

All the previous posts i've assumed that the configurations are set to download the messages in entirely, which causes the Exchange server to mark the message as Read. Downloading simply the Message header and the first 10 or so lines of the message allows you to still get your POP email and still keeps the message marked as 'Unread'.

I hope this helps
Old 02-06-2007, 10:03 PM   #22
whynotea

Model: 8100
Default This Really Works!!

The message above regarding a connection to the Outlook Web Access really works for me - this is great! I've been frustrated for MONTHS, and wow!

Here are the steps that I used:

Here are the steps for T-Mobile. I imagine they would be similar for other providers.

You will need to log in to your T-Mobile account on the web.

Once you have logged in, select the option for “Set up Blackberry Internet Email”

You should see a list of all the email accounts you have set up for your blackberry. You will need to delete the problem account.
After the account is deleted, click on “setup account” to set up a new account
Enter your email address – but where it asks for the password, enter an incorrect password. Doesn’t matter what you enter, as long as it is an incorrect password. Enter the same incorrect password in both password boxes.
This will cause an error message to pop up, and will also take you to a page with more options for configuring your email. Click the ‘ok’ button on the error message.
You will have a series of options to check. You want to check the second option – “I can access my email account using a Web browser (Outlook Web Access)”
Click the ‘next’ button
This page will have five boxes to fill in. Two will be already filled in, one with your email address, and one with the incorrect password that you entered in step 5 above. First thing is to delete the incorrect password, and re-enter the correct password. Make sure you enter the correct password!
For the first box – the Outlook Web Access URL – enter the URL address you use to access your email. Make sure that you know whether you're using ‘https’ or ‘http’
For the box labeled “E-mail Account Name,” enter your user name - ex eanderson, in my case.
For the box labeled “User Name”, also enter the same - eanderson again in my case.
All boxes should now be filled in. Verify that all info is correct – including your password – and then click on ‘next’
If all has worked as it was supposed to, you should get a message saying “email account set up successfully.”
That’s it!
If you want to re-do your email signature, you will need to click on the ‘edit’ button for this new address, and change the signature to whatever you want it to be.

If this works like mine, then you will have control of your email again from your blackberry. Email will not be marked as ‘read’ until you actually open it on your blackberry. Once it has been opened on the blackberry, it will mark as opened in your Outlook inbox. And, if you delete the message on your blackberry (choosing “delete on mailbox and handheld”) it will delete from your Outlook as well.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:24 AM   #23
dboothe

Model: 7100t
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

Has anyone tried the with Exchange 2007?

I cannot get it to connect. Although, our OWA thru the internet (http) works fine.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #24
egbertpc

Model: 8700g
Carrier: t-mobile

T-Mobiles web setup does not work with our Exchange 2007 OWA. It did work with Exchange 2000 but I frequently had to log in to T-Mobiles site and set it up again.
We have not addressed the SSL Certificate purchase yet for Exchange 2007 and I wonder if that has anything to do with the problem?
I setup POP but that causes the emails in Outlook to be marked as read.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:18 PM   #25
KathB

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default 8830 Non Outlook User

Hi. I am new to this forum and have found it very helpful. This, however, is making me crazy.
I am a Verizon user. My emails are being marked as read before I have opened them on my BB. I turned the "email reconcilliation" to OFF and it keeps them as unread on my BB, but opens them in my email. I have searched and searched and talked to Verizon Tech Support (they have never heard of this) and to a Blackberry Tech who said to turn off the reconcilliation.
My boss has the same type of email accounts that I do, and uses a Blackberry Pearl (with ATT) and her setting are the same as mine in the phone and she has NO problems.
Is this a Verizon deal? I have been battling it for a month on the phone and decided to try here! Thanks in advance.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:21 AM   #26
jarothman

Model: 8710
Carrier: att
Default outlook with pop server issue?

I'm having this problem with vista/outlook - I can't get tech support at MS or Toshiba to help me (yet) but I'll bet it's the same problem fixed with on exchange 2000...anyone know if Microsoft has fixed it yet?
Old 11-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #27
rectd

Model: 7130e
Default rectd@aol.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathB View Post
Hi. I am new to this forum and have found it very helpful. This, however, is making me crazy.
I am a Verizon user. My emails are being marked as read before I have opened them on my BB. I turned the "email reconcilliation" to OFF and it keeps them as unread on my BB, but opens them in my email. I have searched and searched and talked to Verizon Tech Support (they have never heard of this) and to a Blackberry Tech who said to turn off the reconcilliation.
My boss has the same type of email accounts that I do, and uses a Blackberry Pearl (with ATT) and her setting are the same as mine in the phone and she has NO problems.
Is this a Verizon deal? I have been battling it for a month on the phone and decided to try here! Thanks in advance.

i have the same problem. Did you find help?
Old 11-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #28
rectd

Model: 7130e
Default rectd@aol.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathB View Post

i have the same problem. Did you find help and if so, where?
Closed Thread