jnyost
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
Push and hold the "Q" for a moment.
Is there a quick key for back to normal or loud?
Old 07-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #62
kurichan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon BIS / BES

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyost View Post
Is there a quick key for back to normal or loud?
The Q key seems to toggle between your current profile and vibrate, for what it's worth (not normal and vibrate).
9630 #4 < 9630 #3 < 9630 #2 < 9630 < 9530 (returned) < 8703 < 7250
Old 07-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #63
jnyost

Model: 9550

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
The Q key seems to toggle between your current profile and vibrate, for what it's worth (not normal and vibrate).
That's what I was after. I was just playing and it didn't work if I did it back to back. I had to backspace the pound sign off and then it would switch back to the previous profile.

thanks
Jared
Old 07-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #64
penguinjb

Model: 9650
PIN: safety
Carrier: verizon

I got a couple of mini usb to micro usb adapters and can use all my 8330 (mini usb) equip. with my tour now. motorola kit no. SKN6245A.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #65
djdonnyk

Model: 9850
PIN: 32FDED**
Carrier: Sprint/Now Network

No issues at all

Works perfect and battery life is awesome!

Uploading music right now

The speaker sounds great as well
Old 07-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #66
michael12005

Model: Tour
PIN: N/A

Mine too. Great battery life (without GPS enabled).

Can I download music from my I-Tunes account, songs I have already purchased and stored on my computer? If so how do I do this?
Old 07-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #67
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW
Default Issues?

Not many real "issues" and more not happy with things. After a week of usage this is what I've found:

- Setting a background picture is replaced after a battery pull. You need to set another to then set what you had for it to apply properly.

- Device is sluggish so dump all the verizon and other apps you don't need / use. Device works even better after this as well grab the OS and use Application Manager to further delete stuff (language packs, etc).

- loooong battery pull boot. I thought the Storm was long.

- Funky Vibrate - just doesn't feel "strong"

Do the standard tweaks and the device is pretty rock solid. Battery life is great, with typical usage I'm almost getting 2 full days.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:28 AM   #68
Irish10

Model: 8130

Quote:
Originally Posted by agtprvctr
#1 problem for me - muffled voice quality, you sound muffled to other people and they sound muffled to you. You can boost the treble during the call by hitting menu and enhance audio but it is still not as good as say the 8830. It is definitely a noticeable step down from the older blackberries in this aspect. The Storm has this problem as well. It's really sad as Verizon has this kickass network yet you're crippled by sh*tty hardware; I guess times are tough so RIM decided it was time to start cutting corners, unfortunately this is NEVER something you should cut corners on for something that's supposed to be a PHONE, ugh this makes me upset.
--------------------------------------------------------------
page 18 in the User Guide:
1. In the phone application, press the Menu key.
2. Click Options.
3. Click General Options
4. Change the Enhance Headset Call Audio or Enhance Handset Call Audio fields.
5. Press the Menu key.
6. Click Save
Old 07-20-2009, 06:52 AM   #69
Donbp

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyost View Post
I also hate the USB on the right side. It sucks while trying to use it while plugged in. I wish it had keys that were spaced like my curve.
It really depends on which hand you hold the phone in when on calls. For half the people the move is better and for half it is worse.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #70
mmuras
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T - USA

After reading all this...I am hoping the next Device OS update fixes at least some of this stuff.

As for the Micro USB port issue...that is something that will be more challenging.

Has anyone had any success getting a corporate Verizon Rep to lower prices on the BlackBerry Tour? I really want one (mostly to see how fast I can break it), but I do not want to go buy one espically if I can get my Verizon Rep to get me one for a lower cost.

-mmuras

--Past BBs: BB Curve (8320), BB Curve (8330), BB Tour (9630)
--Currently: AT&T - BB Bold (9000), VZW - BB Bold (9650)
Old 07-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #71
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael12005 View Post
Mine too. Great battery life (without GPS enabled).

Can I download music from my I-Tunes account, songs I have already purchased and stored on my computer? If so how do I do this?
There a few ways. Check out mediasync or also load through your desktop manager.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #72
kusellout69
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530

Since my original post was moved from Tour category to rants/raves by a moderator, I figure I'll repeat my list of issues here, as I think it's important to someone considering pre-sales information rather than the rants/raves crowd:

1. Muffled audio - I tried 5 different handsets in the store and 5 different friend's handsets and they all sounded bad through the speakerphone and handset (Bluetooth and wired headset did sound fine).
2. Trackball - it was more sensitive going vertical than horizontal. Even after I changed settings, the thing quit working for scrolling down after only a few days. This is what actually made me finally return the thing, as I had this same type of trackball problems with the 8830 and it kept happening and happening with each replacement device after 30-60 days.
3. Doing a battery pull or reset for application install not only takes about 7 minutes, but it erases your home screen image (goes back to OOB).
4. They took away my "r" shortcut for the alarm and replaced it with....nothing!
5. Battery door is just unacceptable for a $500 retail price device. Keep in mind that even if you're getting the phone free from your provider, they still paid close to $500 for it, and you're repaying them through higher monthly bills.
6. Vibrate was so weak, I couldn't even feel it when I sat it directly on my thigh and called myself. After missing so many calls, this also made me decide to just return the thing.
7. Profiles - this has been discussed already on the forums. I really don't like how they did this on the 4.7+ OS build. I don't believe the talk that it was intentional (anyone in IT can recall a time when something shipped with a "bug" that was renamed a "feature").
8. Themes - ships with two. Are you kidding me?

For me the only benefit of the Tour was unlocked GPS on Verizon, but all the above far outweighed this.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #73
zoukis05
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm liking this phone after a weekend of use. The battery has gone dead for 3 straight days, but that's with a lot of excess use trying to get used to having a Blackberry again. I agree with everyone about the micro-usb placement. Not convenient at all. I have to contort my hands around it to use it. Also the battery door issue is annoying, but that'll be gone once my case comes in. The main problem in my eyes though is the fact that the device doesn't work as fast as I do at times. I could be typing an email and it'll just stop, and it won't catch up to me. It'll freeze for about 5-10 seconds and then give me only a couple of letters that it missed. A little annoying, coming from S60 and my E71 that was never sluggish.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #74
RadHaz75

PIN: BALL
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

got mine (vzw), unboxed it, plugged it into my comp, hard resets anytime you try to connect it to the comp. sending back. nothing fixed it, tried nuking it in blackberry manager, javaloader -wipe, loader.exe /nojvm.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #75
bnandreu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint

Tour on Sprint.

1. Poor battery. Fully charged every night for 5 nights.
2. Looong battery pull reboots.
3. Google Maps/Poynt will not use internal GPS. Blackberry Maps and Where do work with internal GPS.

Interesting to note that the Sprint 9630s are actually MEID devices.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #76
SteveMondragon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9xxx
Carrier: S/ATT

I noticed a new issue today, and I just confirmed it by testing it out a few times (I thought I was going crazy this past weekend when it kept happening).

When I'm on a specific profile, Silent for example, I'll then later switch to a different profile that I created, a custom one called 'Work' for example. Within a minute after changing to the Work profile, it will always revert back to the Silent profile. I tested this out with other profiles and it seems like it always reverts immediately to the previous profile unless you do "extra" functions after you change profiles. Meaning, if I just change the profile and leave the phone alone and walk away (not doing any other functions or pressing any other keys), it will always revert back to the previous profile. If I open an app like Email or SMS, and then exit out, the new profile will stay active on the phone and it won't revert to the previous profile.

I never had this issue on any of my previous Blackberry phones, if this makes any sense.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #77
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

No issues here... Love the device!!!

Kris
Old 07-20-2009, 06:52 PM   #78
braceface

Model: tour
Carrier: verizon

can anyone sync the tour with the pocketmac application and if so can it be done through the bluetooth option or do i have to use a usb connection?
thanks
Old 07-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #79
Nextel User
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: AT&T

There is no Semitic font support on the tour.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #80
zoukis05
Thumbs Must Hurt

Anyone else's alt key seem like it's getting stuck? Many times when I press the menu key I end up getting the app switcher on the screen rather than the program menu to close the app. It's really annoying and causes to me to reboot the device more often than I want to.
Closed Thread