BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 11:57 PM   #1
amyandmark3

Model: 7100i
Question My BT headset vs. my wife's...can we both use in same house/car?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,
Sorry for another newbie question, but my wife and I just purchased a couple of 7100i's and are wanting to buy some BT headsets (Motos or Scalas). Questions are these:

Can we both have BT headsets in use at the same time in our house or car? Or will there be some sort of crossover issues? Will it work if we use different models/manufacturers?

Thanks in advance.....and yes I did a SEARCH, but I am a newbie and am not really sure what to search for with this odd question. Thanks again.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

My wife and I have used our BT headsets simultaneously without any trouble. We do have different models; I use a Jabra BT250v and she uses a Motorola (I forget the model).
Old 03-15-2006, 11:56 AM   #3
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Ok I will go one better, what if two different BTs are paired to one phone, can both answer the same phone and in effect work as an extension, like in a land line, there are times when i am in the car that I get a call and answer it with the bluetooth and they want to talk to the wife, I then have to unholster my BB and hand it to her, so she can talk.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 03-15-2006, 12:04 PM   #4
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

I've read somewhere that that scenario isn't possible. I don't remember where I read it, though.

But, if not, I wonder if you could use a BT headset and wired headset at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
Ok I will go one better, what if two different BTs are paired to one phone, can both answer the same phone and in effect work as an extension, like in a land line, there are times when i am in the car that I get a call and answer it with the bluetooth and they want to talk to the wife, I then have to unholster my BB and hand it to her, so she can talk.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #5
rcsales08
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
NO it's not possible for one device to be paired to two BT headsets and they both are paired at the same time. Only one device does this. It's a Nokia and you can have 8 headsets connected at once. If you quick enough you could just have them both paried and then un-pair yours and pair hers and switch with ease and quickness. I do it when one of my BT headsets goes dead.

Pin 401243A5
Old 03-22-2006, 12:02 AM   #6
epark21
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyandmark3
Hi,
Sorry for another newbie question, but my wife and I just purchased a couple of 7100i's and are wanting to buy some BT headsets (Motos or Scalas). Questions are these:

Can we both have BT headsets in use at the same time in our house or car? Or will there be some sort of crossover issues? Will it work if we use different models/manufacturers?

Thanks in advance.....and yes I did a SEARCH, but I am a newbie and am not really sure what to search for with this odd question. Thanks again.
The answer is yes. You have to pair (basically create a connection) a bluetooth headset with a phone. Your phone will only connect to headsets that its been paired with. As long as you don't pair both headsets to each phone, you won't have an issue. If you do pair both headsets to both phones, its first come first serve on which headset or phone picks up.

So to better explain the scenario, you have 2 headsets (H1, H2) and 2 phones (P1, P2).

Do this - pair H1 to P1, pair H2 to P2

Do not do this (unless you want potential conflicts) - pair H1 and H2 to P1, pair H1 and H2 to P2
Closed Thread