Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
AlbertoM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Default Sony HBH 610 and Motorola H700

Please Login to Remove!

Both these are BT 2.0 and should work with the BB, particularly the 8700 which is 2.0

Anyone has any experience with these or any comments? The Sony is DPS, the Moto apparently is not.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #2
mcapiro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have the H700 and it works well although I have seen some strange things happen from time to time that I never experiences with my HS810. For one the range on the 810 seemed to be much better. I thought that range would improve ( at the very least stay the same) with a 2.0 device. I've also answered the phone 2-3 times by opening the headset and although the headset connected to the call the phone would still keep ringing. No big deal and like I said has only happened once or twice but just weird when it does happen. I'm also thinking that there may be some BT bugs in the latest update for the 7100t. I've had a couple of strange BT problems since I upgraded. Aside from that I love the headset.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:04 PM   #3
kjaslow

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telstra

Does "Bluetooth Class 2" really mean Bluetooth 2.0? That Motorola site is a bit shady, following the line that says "Bluetooth Class 2 device" with "Supports Bluetooth 1.2". I'm wondering if "Class 2 device" doesn't just mean it's a headset rather than a keyboard, but only supports the Bluetooth 1.2 spec...

I would think that a Bluetooth 2.0 device would have a stronger signal, and faster connections. Have you noticed that with the H700?
Old 12-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #4
AlbertoM

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Good point, but I would hope that a 2.0 device would support 1.2, 1.1 and 1.0....
Old 12-11-2005, 02:16 PM   #5
kjaslow

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telstra

I just meant that the way they worded it, it is not crystal clear that it's using Bluetooth 2.0. I guess I'm looking for some confirmation that by "Class 2 device" they mean Bluetooth 2.0. Since they specify that it supports "Bluetooth 1.2" rather than saying it supports "Bluetooth Class 1", it seems like maybe they're hoping we'll be confused and assume Class 2 = Bluetooth 2.0. I would expect that any Bluetooth 2.0 device would be compatible with phones using any version of Bluetooth 1.x.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:24 AM   #6
souvy32
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I just purchased the H700 and am EXTREMELY pleased with it. I was trying to decide between that, the hbh-300, hbh-660, and the platronics 640, but went with this because I could pick it up at Best Buy and could easily return it if I wasn't satisfied.

I just picked up the 7130e for Verizon and the connection is very quick upon opening the boom. Also, added bonus, you can charge the headset w/ the same mini USB you charge the phone with.

Here's my two cents about the headsets I've used to date. I've been on a bit of a mission to find a quality headset and hope you find this helpful (I've also tried the Jabra 250v, BT350, motorola 810, .

Motorola 850 - returned it
The problem with the 850 was that even on a mildly windy day in NYC, folks on the other end said that it sounded as though I was calling from a hurricane. Otherwise, indoors it had great sound quality. It was also rather floppy on the ear and felt as though it would fall off. The H700 is much more snug on the ear, partially due to it's substially lighter weight I think.

Logitech Mobile Freedom (older one) - excellent
This one's not going to win any style awards and it is a bit heavy, but it really has great sound quality on both ends, the windstopper mike works great whether it's in the car or walking outside. Also, if you're on a budget, I think you get it on Amazon for around $30 and you can't beat that.

Logitech Mobile Traveler
Updated version of the Freedom; much more comfortable, very light. The sound quality on the other end wasn't as good on the Traveler though. In my opinion, not worth it.
Closed Thread