Old 06-26-2007, 10:50 AM   #1
SmoothRunnings
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 21B694E3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada
Default SBE installation Woes

Please Login to Remove!

I am trying to install SBE BES 4.1.4 for Exchange on SBS 2003 PE.

I followed the instructions outlined in the installation PDF guild, after I created a besadmin making all the changes required under the installation guildes info, I tried to connect to the server RDP via besadmin, it refused it completely.

So I installed BES under the administrator account (this is just a test box don't worry about it), I read the installation message, followed the prompts, gave it the keys which it was very happy with, after it rebooted everything seemed to be fine.

I figured out how to add a user to the BES server, I am use to 4.0.x which is alot simpler (grin), and right now its not activating at all, the phone is sitting on the "activating (my email address)" and isn't budging.

I went back to verify the SRP which it does succesfully, I even checked my spam servers and haven't seen anything trying to get through..

So I am at loss right now.. plesae help!

Thanks

Update: I am getting the RIM emails in my mailbox but BES isn't picking up the emails. (sigh)

Last edited by SmoothRunnings; 06-26-2007 at 11:22 AM..
Old 06-27-2007, 11:08 PM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Please read through the following links in their entirety ... remove BES from your environment and install following the directions attached. Having BES on a DC makes it a bit more complicated, so these directions need to really be followed to the T.

1) KB02276 - Assigning permissions for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account

2) KB12314 - Recommendations for installing BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express or BlackBerry Enterprise Server Small Business Edition

3) KB13242 - How to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server on a Microsoft Small Business Server

sounds like a permissions problem however.
Closed Thread