BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
kellybjones

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AIS
Unhappy Blackberry Stolen then Re-sold to a Friend!

Please Login to Remove!

My blackberry was stolen last week and this week was sold to one of my friends: ALL my BBM contacts are still on her "brand new" phone, my BB profile name and pic was still there and people started BBM-ing her asking for Kelly (me).

My friend called me to tell me and so we started to compare IMEI numbers and BB pin numbers and they're different. yet anyone who contacts my old BBM from their phone shows up on her 'new' BB?!
we're going to confront the shop (here in bangkok) tomorrow, is there any
other way i can prove to them that they sold her my stolen phone so she could get a refund and I get my phone back.

is it possible to change IMEI numbers? and pins? do all my contacts being on her BBM enough to prove it?

THey changed the cover from black to white and everything!

PLease advise me!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Blackberry Stolen then Re-sold to a Friend!

If the PIN and IMEIs are different, you're going to have really hard time proving anything.

Yes, the PIN and IMEI can be faked, with lots of effort and engineering. BUT, if the PIN on the device is different than your device, there is no way it is currently receiving PIN messages to your old PIN.
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off