Old 12-15-2007, 03:04 AM   #1
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default I bought a Jawbone

Please Login to Remove!

Okay, so I love my Motorola H500 Bluetooth headset, works great on my Blackberry. But after reading all the rants and raves on this site I decided to take the plunge and go pick up a jawbone. All I can say is Wow! ... You don't know what you are missing until you try this thing, I had the stereo on in the car, window down and my wife on the phone, she said that she could not hear any background noise at all. I was surprised. The call quality was exceptional, the jawbone also comes with 4 inserts for the ear piece, as well as 3 additional ear clips of various sizes. I truly wish I would have picked one of these up a lot sooner. The best $99 I have spent in a long time.

-Jason
Old 12-15-2007, 03:37 AM   #2
orbitz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

I agree...the noise cancellation on the Jawbone is amazing. I have a partner that uses one (I have been meaning to grab one but am really lazy about keeping the one I have charged) and he is in a really noisy environment with heavy equipment running etc. and I almost never hear it in the background when I am talking to him. When we are walking side by side during the rare moments I have my Motorola headset working, people I am talking to on it can't hear me at all.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

I am still super impressed with this Gadget! .. It is fantastic!
Old 12-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #4
carmen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A

I've heard great things as well. Where can I pick one up?
Old 12-15-2007, 06:18 PM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Carmen, Best Buy and others have had them. I bought one recently at ecost.com for $77. Could still be on sale. The Aliph Jawbone.

I too tested it with my truck window down, and radio and almost half volume. My office could not hear me at all--UNTIL I engaged the noise reduction, and they said it was night and day. They could "barely" hear the radio, and could hear me clearly.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #6
carmen

Model: 8330

Thanx Sanders!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:16 PM   #7
atomicfission92

Model: 8800c
PIN: 23fcb167
Carrier: Cingular

I love my Jawbone, I picked one up when they first came out for the lovely price of $65.99 with a discount at a local ATT Wireless store. I swear by it and I know at least 3 others who have bought one as well.

The only sorta downfall to it is it seems to have a short battery life, but they very well maybe because I use it almost every single day of the week for sometimes hours. But you can still use it while it is charging which is what I sometimes have to do.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:22 PM   #8
BruceDBR

Model: 9530

I really wish I could have used the one I bought. I just couldn't get it to fit on my ears well. I wound up breaking 2 of the ear pieces trying to ge the thing comfortable! I wound up giving it to my best friend. He loves it! All the rave reviews, i wish I could have kept it!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:06 AM   #9
wiscaudi
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

Just put this dirty dog on the Christmas list.

Quote:
The only sorta downfall to it is it seems to have a short battery life, but they very well maybe because I use it almost every single day of the week for sometimes hours. But you can still use it while it is charging which is what I sometimes have to do.
I bet this has something to do with the advanced noise canceling "software" and hardware. Has to eat up some battery for it to work so great as everyone continually reports!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:23 AM   #10
dtdt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I too tested it with my truck window down, and radio and almost half volume. My office could not hear me at all--UNTIL I engaged the noise reduction, and they said it was night and day. They could "barely" hear the radio, and could hear me clearly.
By default, the Jawbone has noise-cancellation activated, unless you de-activate it. Did you de-activate it prior to calling your office?

Quoted from Jawbone's website: "When you power Jawbone on or answer a call, the Noise Shield technology is on. To turn the technology off, press and hold down the Noise Shield Button for three seconds. You will hear a descending tone. To turn the technology on again, press and hold the black Jawbone button for three seconds. You will hear an ascending tone."

Just curious. I only use mine for lengthy calls or when driving, but I can't stand driving with my earpiece in because it dampens the sound of the stereo...

I, too, had trouble fitting it to my ear, until someone here advised to use the Jabra eargels. Bought them at a Verizon store for $3 (set of four) and used one of the long ones. Works like a charm, even though the sound on my end is a bit tinny. Callers on the other end have nothing but good things to say about the sound on their end.

Last edited by dtdt; 12-16-2007 at 12:28 AM..
Old 12-16-2007, 12:33 AM   #11
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtdt View Post
By default, the Jawbone has noise-cancellation activated, unless you de-activate it. Did you de-activate it prior to calling your office?
I disengagned the NC during the call, so they could compare the modes. They told me it ridiculously clear with the noise cancellation on.

Last edited by JSanders; 12-16-2007 at 12:34 AM..
Old 12-16-2007, 02:21 PM   #12
Jase88
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PlayB
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Its nice to finally have a Bluetooth headset which gets the job done...I'm still impressed with my Jawbone, and I've had it several months now.

I just wish it was a bit better with wind....
Old 12-16-2007, 03:01 PM   #13
Helmdawg

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile

I love my jawbone BT, however I just cannot get it to fit the way I like too.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:00 AM   #14
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
I love my jawbone BT, however I just cannot get it to fit the way I like too.
It sure does take some time to get used to. My Motorola H500 was so easy to just slip on my ear in a pinch. That is the only concern I have had with it, I must have big ears or something. But the quality of the product far out weights the ease of putting it on. I love my Jawbone!!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:04 PM   #15
winklle

Model: 8310

I too love my jawbone!! I found a new one on eBay for a super low price and free shipping!!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #16
snowskier79

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.

One of my co-workers gave me his as he had a difficult time with the fit; incredible piece of technology as I have done comparisons similar to JSanders, i.e. with friends, co-workers, family, etc. The Jawbone truly is an amazing piece of technology!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #17
Daytripper63

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

I recently bought one as well and it works great although I have noticed that when I get on a certain stretch of crappy Calif freeway in my Toyota p.u. that the bumpyness of the ride causes it to sound like it is cutting in and out while talking. But that is no fault of the jawbone
I wish I could make the ear volumn a bit louder
Old 12-19-2007, 10:05 AM   #18
oBBsessed
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

I have one of these, and it's the first BT headset I've had that the people on the other end of the conversation didn't complain about. And it comes in colors too! (My wife has a red one.)
Old 12-19-2007, 11:58 AM   #19
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytripper63 View Post
I recently bought one as well and it works great although I have noticed that when I get on a certain stretch of crappy Calif freeway in my Toyota p.u. that the bumpyness of the ride causes it to sound like it is cutting in and out while talking. But that is no fault of the jawbone
I wish I could make the ear volumn a bit louder
That has to be frustrating. I know that if I touch the jawbone to adjust it while I am on the phone, people on the other end go "huh?" .. However, if I leave it alone people love how great I sound.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:26 AM   #20
kjaslow
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telstra

Here's a great tip for Jawbone users... If you don't like the way your Jawbone fits and/or it's not loud enough...

Go find yourself some old Jabra ear gels. Find the one you like, and get ready to make a commitment... Go get a few drops of crazy glue...

Remove the Jawbone eargels entirely. The Jabra ear gel fits perfectly over the "stump" where the normal ear pieces fit in. Set the ear gel to a comfortable position, and fix in place with a couple of drops of crazy glue. The volume must increase by an order of magnitude! And it's much more comfortable. Remove that silly earloop, and you're in business! I've had mine that way for a few months, and love it. I was having trouble getting the thing to stay on comfortably, and found the volume to be way too low. Now, I don't even put the volume up to half, because it's too loud...
Closed Thread