Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
iTyler

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Is this "physical damage"?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys i have had my pearl for about a week and a half now and the day that i got it i found that the battery cover does not "lock" in place so i called t-mobile and they told me that this is a common problem, and that i can call back if it does not get better and i can get a new one. Since then i have dropped the phone once on the side (where is is crome) and there are a few marks. I called back and got the mailing address where i need to send the phone , before i hung up with t-mobile the lady told me that if there is "physical damage" on the phone i will be charged for the new one. ARe the marks on the crome where i dropped considered "physical damage" or could i just say that it is wear and tear?
Old 01-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
snowskier79
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (Pearl: BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

That is a common problem with the Pearl battery covers. Don't know what the carrier will interpret as damage. However if you are worried you can buy battery covers online. Some of the sponsors of these forums carry the parts.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

A few nicks and scratches won't be considered "physical damage." If it's got a cracked screen or cracked parts they will consider it physical damage.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

could always buy extra side rails at Cellular Accessories - Panasonic, Apple, HTC, BlackBerry, SonyEricsson, BenQ-Siemens, Tools, Accessorie and replace them if it is that big of a worry. Small scratches or nicks you should be okay if it is a deep gouge maybe not
Old 01-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #5
CaptSwerve
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I talked to a T-Mobile customer service rep and she told me that small stuff like that isn't considered physical damage. I have a couple small scratches (not really visible but they bug the crap out of me) on my screen and my phone has been dropped many times. She just said that it was all just considered normal wear.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #6
iTyler

Ok Thanks guys. I think is should be good then because it is very small nicks. One thing i dont understand is why they want me to send the phone back before they send me a new one. Is is just over a week old and i remember berfore when i had a 6 month old razr they sent me the new one berfore i sent in my old one. (if that makes an sense)
Old 01-19-2008, 12:48 PM   #7
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. Usually, they send you the replacement then have you send the old back in the same box. Call again and see if you get the same answer.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:19 PM   #8
iTyler

I did and they said that because i have had the phone for under 20 days, and something goes wrong that they have to give me a NEW phone. When you have a phone for over 2 days and something goes wrong they send you a "referbished" < sp? phone.
Closed Thread