Old 05-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
SD BB Newbie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Problems with OWA using Opera Mini

Please Login to Remove!

I've got a unique problem, and I'm wondering if anyone can help.

I have been using my personal BB 8310 to access my work e-mail via Opera Mini and Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA) for the past six months (it's a long story why I'm not using BES and push e-mail, so don't ask). Starting about two weeks ago, whenever I go to the OWA website for my company, rather than loading the logon web page, a page comes up instructing me to download the "CookieAuth.dll" file. Of course, there is no way to accomplish that using Opera Mini -- even using Opera Mini v4.1. Company IT says they haven't changed anything with the OWA webpage access, which I have a hard time believing. Anyone have any creative solutions to bypass this message? I've been unable to access my work e-mail using my BB for two weeks now, and it's driving me nuts. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #2
sevendx7

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I use opera mini to do the same as you. Sometimes I receive the same error. I don't know why this works but, if I clear the opera cache and do a battery pull, it works perfectly the next time I try it. Hope that helps. if you've already tried that, then I'm tapped out of knowledge
Old 05-18-2008, 01:23 AM   #3
SD BB Newbie

Wirelessly posted

When you say to clear the Opera "cache" do you mean history and cookies? I tried clearing both those, then shut the BB off and yanked the battery -- no change. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 05-18-2008, 01:43 AM   #4
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

battery pull means pull the batt with the device on... so try clearing the cache and cookies, then do the batt pull and see what happens
Old 05-18-2008, 01:59 AM   #5
SD BB Newbie

Wirelessly posted

Yeah, figured that one out after reading a JSanders post. So then I tried deleting cookies and history, then doing a hard reset (battery pull with power on) -- no dice, same problem. You have no idea how sick and tired I am of seeing that page telling me to download CookieAuth.dll.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:03 AM   #6
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

the next thing i would suggest, is uninstalling opera via desktop manager, hard reset(if it doesnt automatically), then reinstall it either OTA(over the air) or via desktop manager, then hard reset... if that doesnt work then i'm out of ideas... i'll sleep on it (to think of more solutions) and come back to this tmw... if it doenst work after doing the above then i dont know...
Old 05-19-2008, 12:22 AM   #7
SD BB Newbie

I tried a OTA download of the latest version of Opera Mini (v4.1) the day after it came out and still have the same problems. Am I correct that "cache" = history and cookies?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:54 AM   #8
sevendx7

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Wirelessly posted

Yeah I meant history and cookies, which technically is not the cache... So sorry for using the wrong word in my reply. I am also out of ideas if that doesn't work. Sometimes when I login it tells that there's an error, but if I retype in the web addredd (not simply a refresh, but rentering the full url) it will take me directly to my inbox. it has something to do with the way the redirects work with the exchange server and OWA. I don't know if that would help you or not, but I wanted to give you my only other idea just in case. I am now officially out of ideas.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #9
jafleming

Carrier: O2 UK

Hmm - if it's a problem with the Exchange redirect. How about if you connect directly to your mailbox via the following URL?

https://<OWA SERVER/exchange/<mailboxname>

eg https://owa.xx.com/exchange/mmouse
Old 05-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #10
SD BB Newbie

Wirelessly posted

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it but got the same message webpage: download CookieAuth.dll. Since I never get to the logon screen, I don't get the opportunity to enter my password, which makes it impossible to access my mailbox.

Last edited by SD BB Newbie; 05-19-2008 at 08:49 AM..
Old 05-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #11
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD BB Newbie View Post
Anyone have any creative solutions to bypass this message?
I wouldn't call this creative as it's a standard feature of BIS but can you not integrate your work account with BIS via OWA?

Just supply your email address, omit the password, hit Next, choose "I will provide the settings to add this email account", hit Next, choose "This is my work email account", hit Next, choose the OWA option and continue...

You'll need the URL for OWA, your user name, password, email address and mailbox name.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #12
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Good idea.

* Another idea, using the Blackberry browser, is to properly clear the "cache" Not just the cookies (nevermind the history).
* Change the browser Emulation - I'm guessing you're either on "BlackBerry" or "Internet Explorer". That .dll file is native to microsoft OS & browsers is it not? (sorry I don't know what a .dll file is, just that I only see it on Microsoft products).
* If nothing is changed from before - let's assume it hasn't from your company's Exchange Admins/Server Admins - then its possible a setting on your BB has from going to another site.

Was there not another thread on this same issue here on BBForums, or was it on hofo? Cannot recall.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #13
SD BB Newbie

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD BB Newbie View Post
Anyone have any creative solutions to bypass this message?
I wouldn't call this creative as it's a standard feature of BIS but can you not integrate your work account with BIS via OWA?

Just supply your email address, omit the password, hit Next, choose "I will provide the settings to add this email account", hit Next, choose "This is my work email account", hit Next, choose the OWA option and continue...

You'll need the URL for OWA, your user name, password, email address and mailbox name.
Oh that it were that easy. BIS can't get past the OWA protocol.

But thanks for trying to help. I'm willing to try anything.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:41 AM   #14
SD BB Newbie

Default Problem Identified

Just discovered that the problem accessing Outlook Web Access on a BlackBerry via Opera Mini is caused by a server configuration problem among the folks at Opera. They are aware of the problem and are working on a fix -- no info as to when the fix might be ready. The issue is discussed in the "My Opera Forum" at Suddenly having trouble accessing outlook web access site - Opera Mini - Opera Community.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #15
SD BB Newbie

Default It's baaaack......

New year, same problem.

From the Opera Mini website user forum:

No OWA Access - Opera Mini - Opera Community
Closed Thread