BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
mhellman

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Question Is it possible to use BES with a carrier that does not offer a Corporate BES option?

Please Login to Remove!

I am a newbie in the BES admin arena.

Can someone please tell me if there is any possibility to use a BES server when the phones are using a carrier that does not offer a data plan with a Corporate BES option?

I would be grateful is someone pointed me to documentation that explained the technical details behind this Corporate BES option. What kind of agreement must exist between RIM and the carrier for that option to be available?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors
Default Re: Is it possible to use BES with a carrier that does not offer a Corporate BES opti

For a Full BES you need a Corporate BlackBerry dataplan or it will not work.

BES Express 5 needs BIS or BES dataplan to work.

With out it you will bang your head trying to make it work.

What carrier are you asking about?

You can search BlackBerry DataPlan BES to know more as it has been discussed for years now and has not changed.

Sprint has a neat blurb
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=159510
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.

Last edited by knottyrope; 01-15-2013 at 02:34 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
dpeters11
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Is it possible to use BES with a carrier that does not offer a Corporate BES opti

I can't say I've ever heard of a carrier like that. Now, is it conceivable that there's a carrier that offers one plan that does have BES, but not two separate plans? Possibly.

If you have the device PIN, I'd go to the Enterprise Readiness Tool, and put in the PIN. It will tell you if it's provisioned correctly.

KB21140-How to identify available BlackBerry smartphone activation methods using the BlackBerry Expert Support Center
Old 01-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

There are actually many BlackBerry data plans but the ones we care most about in this area are BES and then BIS for BES Express 5.

No not all carriers have both either. Some wont let you have BES if number is not related to a bussiness.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Closed Thread