tankee531
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: xxxx
Carrier: Singtel

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeria View Post
Did they include East Asian languages? I downloaded All Language versions many times but I have yet to see any package includes East Asian languages...as if those are not part of "all languages" in the world...
yes, it does. I'm using it with east asian languages.

Multilanguage does not include East Asian

All Languages does
Old 04-29-2010, 03:24 AM   #102
ambi

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Indosat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlfieri View Post
The device can get extremely warm if an app is running the background OR if there is poor signal strength. When I was in Colorado Springs, I had to turn off 3G because my transmitter powered up so hard it drained my battery in just a few hours. With 2G it lasted all day long.

I've noticed that in some cities, AT&T 3G is spectacular and in others (like Houston), it just plain sucks. I've complained repeatedly to no avail. They supposedly just spent millions to upgrade Houston and everyone in my family is having the same problems, especially with dropped calls. This is not BB-specific. We have a wide array of devices.

Rob
Thanks for sharing

Yes, I normally turn off the 3G, in Indonesia the 3G signal is bad so it drains the battery faster.
I think for now I'm going to downgrade to OS 4.6 , it's just ridiculous to have to charge my phone repeatedly in one day
Old 04-29-2010, 03:46 AM   #103
dr_gamel

Carrier: mobily

in this os
i lost the key lock
and the hostel option like special tone

the most bad thing thier is ascending tones
Old 04-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #104
PIRATA!
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: 3 Italy

Ok, most games are missing from the loader files folder of this release. You can check your self:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Now let me see how can I restore them....

Last edited by PIRATA!; 04-29-2010 at 02:43 PM..
Old 04-30-2010, 04:55 AM   #105
PIRATA!
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATA! View Post
Ok, most games are missing from the loader files folder of this release. You can check your self:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Now let me see how can I restore them....
Ok, I did it! I found a solution for the missing games! Here is the story:

In this OS 5.0 release for Bold (dunno for other devices or about future releases) the default installed games Klondike, Sudoku and Texas Holdxxx8217;em King 2 from Magic Games that we used to see every time we upgraded the OS are gone!

Yes: they are missing from the os installation files! ...and here is how to install them while installing your OS!

What is neaded? Well...you'll need the old OS installation folder still installed in your system because you need to extract the games instalation files there.

Here is everything:
  1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ and locate you last OSinstallation folder (mine is 9000M_v5.0.0.509_P5.2.0.50)

• if you do NOT have any other folder then the last OS installation folder you'll need to install it

• DO NOT WORRY ABOUT HAVING DOUBLE OS INSTALED: I'LL SHOW YOU HOW TO TRICK AppLoader SO TO SEE ONLY THE LAST OS!

2. In that folder run an advanced search with subfolder support (so to search in subfolders too) for the words Klondike, Sudoku and THK, and you'll should find 2 files for each name (one .alx and one .cod):

1. Klondike_v4.6.alx + Klondike_v46_480x320.cod
    2. Sudoku_v4.6.alx + Sudoku_v46_480x320.cod
    3. THK2_v4.6.alx + THK2_v46_480x320.cod

3. Copy the .alx files in the new os instalation folder (the one for this os is 9000M_v5.0.0.592_P5.2.0.57) and the .cod files in the subfolder Java located inside OS installation folder

4. REMANE THE OLD OS INSTALLATION FOLDER BY ADDING SOME UNDERSCORES AT THE BEGINNING OF THE NAME SO TO BLIND AppLoader FROM FINDING IT! (I renamed it in ___9000M_v5.0.0.509_P5.2.0.50)

5. Install this modded OS using AppLoader like I explain in this thread of mine and every game will be back where they should be! ;)

Cheers.

Last edited by PIRATA!; 04-30-2010 at 05:01 AM..
Old 04-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #106
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

There's no reason to rename the old OS folder as apploader will only load the newest OS it finds. The only time it won't load the oldest OS is if there is a vendor.xml telling it to load a specific OS for the brand device.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #107
PIRATA!
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
There's no reason to rename the old OS folder as apploader will only load the newest OS it finds. The only time it won't load the oldest OS is if there is a vendor.xml telling it to load a specific OS for the brand device.
If your Windows installation is messed up like my last one, AppLoader could even load stuff from different BB OS system folders! so renaming it should bypass any problem.

Take it just as a "just in case" hint ;)
Old 04-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #108
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Let's not assume everyone's Windows installation is messed up which I highly doubt was the cause of any previous issue you had. I've NEVER had it install an older OS unless someone didn't delete the vendor.xml OR if they were trying to upgrade to OS 5.0 and didn't have a data plan. Besides, I think I posted this fix for the games a long time ago somewhere, anyway.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #109
wanderer1107
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Default East Asian Version

I found this while looking at their website to see if there are any new updates. This is the Asian version of it, I think

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E1E828EBEBEB11

It's from Taiwan Mobile.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:18 AM   #110
PIRATA!
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
Let's not assume everyone's Windows installation is messed up which I highly doubt was the cause of any previous issue you had. I've NEVER had it install an older OS unless someone didn't delete the vendor.xml OR if they were trying to upgrade to OS 5.0 and didn't have a data plan. Besides, I think I posted this fix for the games a long time ago somewhere, anyway.
Well,I asked for this game issue and nobody knew nothing, so I had to find it my self, and then I shared it.
Nothing more.

About the folder renaming: having a data plan or not, renaming the folder prevents any AppLoader missunderstanding, so I consider it an important step.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #111
RABnTN

Many thanks to Pirata's above post about how to replace the games on 5.0 - I followed it and the results were perfect.

I am a "lurker" on BB Forums, having joined about a year ago, and I have gained some great knowledge about BB hardware & software. Note that I am much more of a "listener" than a "talker" when it comes to posting, because I have very little to offer in regards to adding value or enhancing posters' advice and/or intentions.

All that said, I see a recurring pattern from many of the "regulars" on this forum, that I GUARANTEE you drives new visitors away from the site. i.e.-
Quote:
Besides, I think I posted this fix for the games a long time ago somewhere, anyway.
Well-stated response below Pirata....again, thank you for posting your info.

Quote:
=PIRATA!;1601483]Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl)
Well,I asked for this game issue and nobody knew nothing, so I had to find it my self, and then I shared it.
Nothing more.

Last edited by RABnTN; 05-02-2010 at 11:52 AM..
Old 05-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #112
wildlemon747
Thumbs Must Hurt

I advise DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!! Have used this os on separate devices and it messes with and deletes contacts, changes calendar and eventually kills the phone putting it in an endless reset cycle. My just be my bb's though.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #113
depopov

Model: 9780
Carrier: Bell
Question ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildlemon747 View Post
I advise DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!! Have used this os on separate devices and it messes with and deletes contacts, changes calendar and eventually kills the phone putting it in an endless reset cycle. My just be my bb's though.
Did you smoke something? I have seen all kinds of things happening with BB but nothing like that.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:36 AM   #114
espresso
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Etisalate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlfieri View Post
Try just going to the date header and selecting Mark Prior Read to see if it clears out the notification.

Rob
I have tried that already but it doesn't do the trick, what I noticed as well whenever my reboots, the number of unread sms/mms threads increases by 1.
Im now at 5!
started with 3
Old 05-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #115
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Quote:
I think this is a little far fetched for sure.
I've had MANY problems with this OS so far but nothing involving changes to my calendar or deleting contacts. As for the endless reset cycle, has anyone else experienced this?!

I also noticed the camera taking white photos. I remember this being an issue in earlier releases that never affected me.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #116
jimfraser

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
This is about my 4th OS5. I have had the occasional white screen (once everly couple of days) which is fixed by a battery pull. I suspect that it may be a conflict with a 3rd party program that is not fully compatable, but cannot tell which one. Or it may be my new battery which looks official, but cost half the price as regular dealers charge and looks like the information is printed on the battery instead of being embossed on like the battery that came with the Bold. Also it fits just a little bit more snugly than the one which came with my Bold.
While the white screen never happened with any OS4.6's, and did not happen with any OS 5 with my original battery, it is not so serious that I would down grade. After next white screen I will put in the original battery to see if it is an OS issue or a hardware issue.
Otherwise this OS is working fine.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:49 AM   #117
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

What is the white screen? Is that something to do with the white screen camera pictures? I've never experienced anything "white screen" other than that?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:32 AM   #118
sddfdds

I've had a couple white screens here and there...definitely a RIM battery though, so it's an OS thing.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #119
jimfraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDMJeRk View Post
What is the white screen? Is that something to do with the white screen camera pictures? I've never experienced anything "white screen" other than that?
A white screen is when your screen turns blank, no icons, nothing, just white screen, whether you are on home page or in a program. In pre Windows XP days, it is equilivant to a blank blue screen on your computer.
The only thing you can do is reboot and hope the system resets itself.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #120
jimfraser

I just looked at my application memory. 2.8 MB!!! I am surprised that my Bold is still working on this OS! OS 5 is a memory hog compared to 4.6, but I have never had memory this low before.
Closed Thread