Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #21
wayneholbrook
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: 20D214AB
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

What the hell happened to the sept release on TMO????
Old 08-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #22
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Doing it now, Sept 12th-15th, or even Oct 2nd. Won't do much in stability of the device. Most likely those things are already packaged and ready to roll. at&t is not your daily newspaper that brings stuff hot of the press. Those devices are most likely in a warehouse somewhere!

Ok, now I'm pissed!!! at&t is dragging this out just a little to much. Greg's new Bold is operating just fine on the 3G network, what's to say at&t branded one's won't do the same. Sounds like somebody made a deal with the devil over at at&t, and the devil's name is Mr Jobs..hmm!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #23
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T, VZW

And just to add more salt on the wound! If history serves me right here, the iphone2 was dropped on Jun 27 or right around there. Now, an Oct release for the Bold would have given the iphone a full 90 day run without in house competition from the Bold.

Which if u ask me is pure stupidity on at&t's part and even more so for RIM. They cater to different people, plain and simple. And even worse, RIM got big timed by Apple because Like somebody said earlier, summer of what year guys??? Not cool on at&t's part at all!
Old 08-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #24
Outrigger
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneholbrook View Post
What the hell happened to the sept release on TMO????
uh, there never was a sept release for Tmo. it was just guesses being thrown out. maybe next year, and a big maybe.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:02 PM   #25
wildlemon747
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
And just to add more salt on the wound! If history serves me right here, the iphone2 was dropped on Jun 27 or right around there. Now, an Oct release for the Bold would have given the iphone a full 90 day run without in house competition from the Bold.

Which if u ask me is pure stupidity on at&t's part and even more so for RIM. They cater to different people, plain and simple. And even worse, RIM got big timed by Apple because Like somebody said earlier, summer of what year guys??? Not cool on at&t's part at all!
Which is "plain" and which is "simple?" I wouldn't describe a blackberry as "plain" or "simple"-"sophisticated" and "works" would be my choice. I guess the iphone has a "simple" operating system.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:58 PM   #26
Attila The Hun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T,Orang

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Doing it now, Sept 12th-15th, or even Oct 2nd. Won't do much in stability of the device. Most likely those things are already packaged and ready to roll. at&t is not your daily newspaper that brings stuff hot of the press. Those devices are most likely in a warehouse somewhere!

Ok, now I'm pissed!!! at&t is dragging this out just a little to much. Greg's new Bold is operating just fine on the 3G network, what's to say at&t branded one's won't do the same. Sounds like somebody made a deal with the devil over at at&t, and the devil's name is Mr Jobs..hmm!!!
yap why do you think I don't have apple computers?
I am also going to kick out the iphone it realy don't serve me as a phone,and as an ipod without battery option to replace.
also there are new phones on the market that will do or more then the iphone such as the Nokia, HTC and so.....
ATT will have to make up there mined or loos my over $300 a month charges.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #27
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

How do we know ATT is dragging it out? Have you seen an offical release date from them? Everything I have seen is rumor, conjecture or what some who had a friend that knew the janitor that knew the plumber who knew the ATT sales person's barber and got the word that way.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-31-2008, 03:00 PM   #28
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

I think they could have delivered it quicker. I agree that AT&T or RIM never gave a date so they can't be late but AT&T customers are/were used to being on the cutting edge with new devices.

While I can understand why Canada could/should be first, when I read that Chile was releasing . . . I am sorry but what ever the reason, the AT&T earlier release of the Bold did not match their agenda. We can all argue and guess what that agenda is but not one of us know the truth!

It sounds like it is going to be introduced in the next month, or so and I know everyone is going to enjoy. The Bold is truely amazing.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:07 PM   #29
walds11
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 3GS
Carrier: at&t

Greg, I can't wait. From our previous thread conversations, I have used a Pearl for almost 2 years, but I am infatuated with the Bold and I hope I like it.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:12 PM   #30
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsimpson View Post
Wirelessly posted (8310 AT&T)

Believe it when I see it.

-simpson
Yeah... Exactly...

Old 08-31-2008, 03:15 PM   #31
holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
I think they could have delivered it quicker. I agree that AT&T or RIM never gave a date so they can't be late but AT&T customers are/were used to being on the cutting edge with new devices.

While I can understand why Canada could/should be first, when I read that Chile was releasing . . . I am sorry but what ever the reason, the AT&T earlier release of the Bold did not match their agenda. We can all argue and guess what that agenda is but not one of us know the truth!

It sounds like it is going to be introduced in the next month, or so and I know everyone is going to enjoy. The Bold is truely amazing.
They probably delayed it so that they can add the At&t branding to the OS and work through the top secret battery issue....
Old 08-31-2008, 04:01 PM   #32
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Greg, I can't wait. From our previous thread conversations, I have used a Pearl for almost 2 years, but I am infatuated with the Bold and I hope I like it.
Well Walt,

If you do not like the Bold then you are very hard to please. I am not much on the youtube thing but today I found myself with about 30 minutes of nothing to do except to wait on a fishing partner and I can not remember laughing so hard. It turned what would have been forever into I wish my fishing partner would be late!
Old 08-31-2008, 04:03 PM   #33
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
They probably delayed it so that they can add the At&t branding to the OS and work through the top secret battery issue....
http://www.nettechonline.net/images/bb/joke/BagBob1.jpg
Who knows!

What I do know is for me, the battery is no issue! <vbg>
Old 08-31-2008, 04:33 PM   #34
walds11
CrackBerry Addict

Greg, having a small device is very important to me. Not so much a small size in the hands, but for carrying purposes. I use the OEM leather swivel holster for my Pearl and it sits nicely strapped to my side. The last full QWERY device I used was an 8700 about 2 years ago. I did not keep it that long. I also had a 7130, which is no small device. That thing is a brick. I hope I will like the Bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
Well Walt,

If you do not like the Bold then you are very hard to please. I am not much on the youtube thing but today I found myself with about 30 minutes of nothing to do except to wait on a fishing partner and I can not remember laughing so hard. It turned what would have been forever into I wish my fishing partner would be late!
Old 08-31-2008, 04:59 PM   #35
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

If you thought the 7130 was a brick, you will think the Bold is, too!

Sorry, but the Bold is going to feel huge compared to the Pearl.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:51 PM   #36
walds11
CrackBerry Addict

I meant that the 8700 was a brick. The 7130 was not too bad. It is narrow and a tad thick.

I just can't wait till the Bold is out so I can check it out.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:20 PM   #37
holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
I meant that the 8700 was a brick. The 7130 was not too bad. It is narrow and a tad thick.

I just can't wait till the Bold is out so I can check it out.
The Bold is flatter than the 8700 chassis but it is larger in size WxH.

Bold Wanted List

Last edited by holden; 08-31-2008 at 06:21 PM..
Old 09-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #38
thestoogeo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

any updates on the ATT release date?
Old 09-02-2008, 11:47 PM   #39
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestoogeo View Post
any updates on the ATT release date?
Hey well, I'd hate to jump on the rumor mill and tell you what I heard from an AT&T employee because I'm pretty sick and tired of waiting yet like a loyal BB user, will never go to an iphone, not cuz I don't like it, but the whole keyboard touch screen, not for me. Anyways, my friend works at AT&T that's just a few blocks away from my house, and she told me, well let me forward you the message: "Okay well the word in the store is that it should be out like the last week of this month. Not for sure cuz The blackberry sales rep havent't gave us any word on it." she promised she would let me know as soon as she found out they have them in stock so if that makes anybody feel better, I guess I can post that when she does let me know. Keep holding on guys, I can feel it,....oh wait,....that's gas. Come on RIM, AT&T!!!!

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:04 AM   #40
essaux

Model: 8310
Exclamation LMAO @ phonemanjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonemanjones View Post
September 12th? Summer? Of which year? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Hardee har har har!! Woo hoo hee hee hee! Aaaah ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Whew, that was a good laugh!!

HILARIOUS POST - lmao!
Closed Thread