Old 05-10-2011, 02:03 AM   #1
BartonFunk

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default I Need a Developer for a Simple Blackberry App

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

I'm a web developer from the UK and I've recently built a weather monitoring application using Flash, PHP and MySQL. The client has asked for a simple app to make some of the data viewable to technicians using their Blackberries onsite. I have no experience with Java development and I've decided to find an outside contractor for this.

If this were a web application I could make a good estimate of the time involved, but as it's a Blackberry app I really have no idea (I'm guessing 3 or 4 days). I've designed some simple graphics for the app and I've also put together a short video explaining what's needed. I'm not sure what the etiquette is on this forum so I'll tread carefully. If I'm allowed to ask people to put themselves forward as possible developers then please do. If I'm not allowed to then please don't .

Here's a link to the short video explaining what I have in mind for the application:

I've just found that I'm not able to post the link as this is my first post. The link to the video explanation is christurner dot me dot uk slash vids slash bb.

If soliciting for contractors is not acceptable here, could you please take a look at the video anyway and give me some feedback? Can you let me know if I've made any obvious noob errors in my plan, or if there's any gotchas I need to look out for? And, most importantly, an estimate of the time you think will be involved.

A few points that may not be clear in the video:

1. The graphs are PNG files that are generated on a remote web server at a publicly available web address using dimensions specified in the URL query string( e.g. graph7.php?w=320&h=240). The generated PNG files are usually between 2kb and 5kb depending on size.

2. Touch support is required

3. No licensing is required. This is an app for a small group of technicians (about 10). The client will have full ownership of application and source code.

4. I'm still enquiring with the client regarding OS support needed, but I'm expecting all the technicians to have very modern Blackberries with up to date OS's. I'll post back when I have something firm on this.

5. Remote working will be fine. We can communicate via Skype, phone and email.

Many thanks,
Chris
Old 05-11-2011, 04:18 AM   #2
0x00000000

Model: 7100T
Carrier: wtf
Default Re: I Need a Developer for a Simple Blackberry App

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure yet, but chances are good I'll have some time next week. I'll tell you on Saturday.

Greets,
Daniel
Old 11-03-2011, 02:06 AM   #3
inkatechnology
No longer Registered.

Model: 7100T
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: I Need a Developer for a Simple Blackberry App

We are uk based application developers. WWW DOT INKATECHNOLOGY DOT CO DOT UK
Closed Thread