BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #1
Strozak

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default PST Reconciliation issues (not a noobie question!!)

Please Login to Remove!

Hey folks,

Lately i have been getting calls from my blackberry users at our company complaining that some emails they are Filing to their PSTs are not moving to the PST folder that is reconciled with the blackberry. Some background - we have dual BES front ends on a SQL backend and they are running 4.1.4 - all the devices are 8830s running 4.2. We are running Exchange 2003 with cashed mode. Hard Delete Reconciliation is enabled on the BES.

Some folks who wanted to have their PST's synced with their blackberry have Desktop Manager installed (4.2.15) and pointed to the personal folder of their choice. Originally when this was setup for them it worked perfectly and their inbox on the BB stayed reconciled with outlook inbox provided that hide filed messages was set to yes on the unit. What has been happening lately is that not all messages that they are moving to their associated PST are being moved there on the blackberry. If they view the specific folder that they moved the item to in outlook it may show some messages but not all the messages they moved in the last month or so. Obviously this was after i verified that they were hooking their unit up to the PC and made sure that the sync took place. I was also able to confirm that it was happening to me as well, although when i tested moving an item to my PST and then immediately syncing the BB it worked perfectly fine.

Is there a time delay where the reconciliation will no longer take place if you dont hook the unit up to your PC quick enough? Or has anyone else run into this where even when all settings are correct some emails are not moving to the PST on the BB as it is supposed to?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:58 AM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Have you made any upgrades / changes to your environment. I have to admit I don't have much experience with this as most customers I work with either don't allow PSTs or don't support them in any manner.
Closed Thread