Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
porod
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default Exchange calendar items Tentatively Accepted

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, we are noticing a situation where calendar items are automatically "Tentatively Accepted" when delivered to the BB.

We have BES 4.1.4 and Exchange 2007 SP1
Old 01-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #2
whyerd

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-mobile

So this seems to be new (at least with BES for Exchange 4.1 SP4 MR4, possibly MR2) that some calendar items are getting marked as 'tentatively accepted' when no action is done by the user with Wireless Calendar synchronization turned on.

To replicate this problem:
  1. Have at least 5 items (mail tends to be the easiest) pending to the handheld (easily done when you turn off your device, or are the good airline passenger and disable your radio).
  2. Have someone then send a meeting request to you.
  3. Turn on your device/enable radio
  4. Ensure that all mail has been delievered to your device
  5. Check your Outlook calendar for the meeting... Does it show Tentatively Accepted?
  6. We have talked to RIM about this problem and they are able to replicate it, but since only 2 companies have brought it to their attention, in their mind it's not worth releasing a new MR or HF and will wait for a new SP (not the next one already in testing).
If any other BES admins are seeing this behavior, you are not alone. Call RIM and let them know how this issue affects your users, maybe we can get this higher on their radar...
Old 01-28-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
gibson_hg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: NA
PIN: 80081ES
Carrier: NA

This issue will be addressed by RIM but the change won't happen easily. IF they know about it it will be fixed.MR/HF/SP's currently in testing won't be pulled back as it has not been flagged as a major issue, if it was they would know about it and it would be fixed quicker. It's the nature of the business I guess.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
whyerd

I wouldn't expect them to pull back an SP (nor would I want them too)... I'm hoping that with more visibility the issue will be sure to get resolved in the next MR/HF.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
Nirshaamah

Model: 8800
Carrier: multiple

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyerd View Post
[*]We have talked to RIM about this problem and they are able to replicate it, but since only 2 companies have brought it to their attention, in their mind it's not worth releasing a new MR or HF and will wait for a new SP (not the next one already in testing).[/LIST]If any other BES admins are seeing this behavior, you are not alone. Call RIM and let them know how this issue affects your users, maybe we can get this higher on their radar...
We have escalated this as well with 4000+ affected users and their final statement sounded a bit different to me. Its being added to SDR138787 - no ETA now. I am pushing RIM every 2nd week on this.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
ATL_Keith

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I just started experiencing this as well (on 1/16/08 to be exact). This is what I've been able to figure out. Please let me know if it is what you're seeing as well, and what will (hopefully) be addressed by an upcoming fix:

I've had my BB for over a year with no issues. As of two weeks ago, I noticed that whenever I receive an Exchange meeting invitation from inside our domain, it shows "Tentatively accepted on xxxxx" in the status line of the email within Outlook, where xxxxx = the exact date/time it was received. When I click on the Accept button, I get the dialog saying that I've already responded to the request, and giving me the option of sending a response, editing my response, or sending none. I've determined that of the several hundred Exchange users in our company, this is only happening for the several dozen BB users, thus I suspect something fishy with BES. All non-BB users still see the "Please Respond" message in the status line of their invitations.

This definitely only started happening about two weeks ago. Prior to that, meeting requests that were not yet accepted did still show in my calendar, but still awaited a response.
In addition, I've confirmed that for those invitations that erroneously show the "Tentatively accepted..." message, no response is actually sent to the meeting organizer. That only happens when I actually accept the meeting and choose the option to send a confirmation. Also, something else odd that I've noted is a meeting request received from outside our domain processes correctly (i.e., I see the "Please Respond" message in the header of the invitation).

I realize this doesn't keep me from using the calendar, but it's a huge pain and frustration. Any help out there?

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:12 AM   #7
Nirshaamah

Carrier: multiple

Has any update to the BES applied on the date where you started experiencing this issue?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:25 AM   #8
porod

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

This is RIM's response.

"Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

The issue you have found has been identified by the BlackBerry Development Team and has been flagged to be addressed. The SDR relating to this is SDR144817 and all I can advise is you check the next release of the BlackBerry Enterprise Software if this has been fixed and included it will be in the release notes"
Old 02-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #9
gussy

Carrier: Optus

It probably doesn't help anyone but we're experiencing the same thing. We're on Exchange 2003 SP1 and BES v4.1.4.19. We've logged calls with MS and they are pointing at RIM with an internal knowledge base article at RIM of SDR144817.

Waiting on anyone with new news/fix to this problem :D
Old 02-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #10
whyerd

We've been working with RIM and have received new Calhelper files that appear to have fixed the issue (only been in production for the weekend). I don't know when an official Hotfix will be released but keep in mind that SP5 is most likely in a code freeze so don't expect the new files to be included there. I'm hoping everyone will see the MR's for SP4 and SP5 (when it comes out).
Old 02-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #11
gussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyerd View Post
We've been working with RIM and have received new Calhelper files that appear to have fixed the issue (only been in production for the weekend). I don't know when an official Hotfix will be released but keep in mind that SP5 is most likely in a code freeze so don't expect the new files to be included there. I'm hoping everyone will see the MR's for SP4 and SP5 (when it comes out).
Hi Whyerd, does the fix actually resolve "previous" appointments which have been tentatively accepted? or just stop new ones from being auto-tentatively accepted?

Cheers
Old 02-12-2008, 10:36 AM   #12
whyerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussy View Post
Hi Whyerd, does the fix actually resolve "previous" appointments which have been tentatively accepted? or just stop new ones from being auto-tentatively accepted?

Cheers
Only new ones.

Funny thing is, with the outage across North America, RIM may get more calls about this issue.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #13
gussy

There's a RIM outage across North America?

I'm still trying to get RIM to get me a resolution. It's got to the point where some users are not using Outlook calendaring anymore due to the fact they don't know which meetings have been responded to or not!!

Did you run through troubleshooting steps with RIM regarding sending before/after attachments of the Calendar appointments?
Old 02-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #14
am900

Model: 7100
Carrier: Sprint

Hello, I am having the exact same problem. An executive has a BB synched with outlook. He shares his calendar to his assistant so she can handle all meeting requests. All requests are being automatically "tentatively accepted on" the exact date and time received. Whyerd mentioned knowledge base article SDR144817. Could not find any info on this. Please help. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:45 AM   #15
pnetrw

Model: 8707
PIN: 250C0706
Carrier: O2

We're also seeing this issue here at Scottish Widows in the UK.

We're running Exchange Server 2007 RTM with Update Rollup 4 and BES 4.1.4 MR2 (Hotfix) (Bundle 89). I think we've had this issue from day one of our (relatively new) Exchange Server 2007 environment - we just hadn't noticed it until a couple of weeks ago.

We have raised this with our O2 support contract who are going to raise it with RIM on our behalf.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #16
TheDaniel

Model: Treo
Carrier: Cingular

I am experiencing this same issue, Exchange 2007, and the latest BES. My feet are being held to the fire, wish I could get a definitive date on when this will be fixed.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:56 PM   #17
whyerd

All I can suggest is call RIM... call RIM... call RIM. The more people that they know have this problem, the sooner they may release a Hot Fix.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:51 AM   #18
gussy

I'm agreeing with Whyerd.. it hasn't been noted as being widespread by RIM. There's no official word still on the release date :(
Old 04-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #19
Bz135i

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

I am also having this issue with some of my users. Has anyone found a fix yet?

Thanks,

Brandon
Closed Thread