Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 02:49 PM   #21
Donbp
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Since VZ and Vodafone are partners I hope we see similar pricing in the US. For that matter, I hope we see the same release date too.

Last edited by Donbp; 10-31-2008 at 02:50 PM..
Old 10-31-2008, 03:57 PM   #22
iteatsbrains
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

don't count on it.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #23
machiavell1

Carrier: O2-UK

When I spoke to a Voda rep this morning about my order, he was pretty clear about the fact that 11th is an optimistic date. It's the intended launch but it could well be pushed back.

Given the reports about f/w lag and slow screen response, it wouldn't surprise me if this handset f/w needs more work.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:42 PM   #24
annonymous1

Model: none
Carrier: Telstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavell1 View Post
Given the reports about f/w lag and slow screen response, it wouldn't surprise me if this handset f/w needs more work.
I agree with you. Ive seen videos of the bb storm and the slow screen response needs work. As much as I would love to think the storm is coming out on Nov 11... I have big doubts.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #25
watkins.glen

Model: 8900
PIN: 25880E0A
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavell1 View Post
Is it out in the UK yet?
Yes - I ordered the G1 last Thursday and it arrived yesterday. The battery sucks.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #26
machiavell1

Wirelessly posted

Saw it today (the G1) - wasn't impressed by the hardware sadly.

Went to the Voda store today and was told that I may be able to get my order by 7th November. Interestingly the guy at the flagship store said "launch is due for 7th here, same as in US....."
Old 11-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #27
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Vodafone

I've ordered my BB Storm with Vodafone and like the rest of us I’m hoping for a deliver date of 11th Nov. I've gone for the £40 a month over the 18 month option.
I've also got my PAC code from O2, so that I can port my number across, as from what I have been told you can’t port numbers on pre-orders.
As I would have the 14 day guarantee to return the phone if I’m not happy with it, would this mean that I’d be stuck with Vodafone as my mobile phone supplier or could I return back to O2 but still keeping my number?

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-03-2008, 08:52 AM   #28
muntu

Model: 9500

I've never had a Blackberry before so the Storm will be my first. Pre-ordered. They will only deliver to my house though and not work.

I'm going to leave a note on the door and hopefully my neighbour will be in. Otherwise I'll have to hope that it's at the PO in the morning.

If you're not in when they try to deliver it doesn't always get to the PO for collection until late the next day. So it could even be Thursday next week.

Here's hoping it's out for delievry on Tues and my neighbour is in.

I've gone for the £40/month over 18 months. I called Vodafone and they said up to 500Mb per day is reasonable for data and web use !!

Last edited by muntu; 11-03-2008 at 08:53 AM..
Old 11-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #29
machiavell1

Quote:
Originally Posted by muntu View Post
I've never had a Blackberry before so the Storm will be my first. Pre-ordered. They will only deliver to my house though and not work.

I'm going to leave a note on the door and hopefully my neighbour will be in. Otherwise I'll have to hope that it's at the PO in the morning.

If you're not in when they try to deliver it doesn't always get to the PO for collection until late the next day. So it could even be Thursday next week.

Here's hoping it's out for delievry on Tues and my neighbour is in.

I've gone for the £40/month over 18 months. I called Vodafone and they said up to 500Mb per day is reasonable for data and web use !!
I've asked for mine to be delivered to work and they said no problem. Hope it turns up! I've heard conflicting things from different CS at Voda both online and in store - the in store folk put down a work delivery address and have told me to expect it Friday 7th. Given that the online CS team are saying that I shouldn't necessarily hold my breath even for 11th as it's a guideline date, I am not really sure which to believe. Experience tells me that these things tend to get released later rather than sooner.....
Old 11-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #30
muntu

machiavell1

As you ordered in-store they would get to see ID from you, so I assume that they were happy to deliver to work.

Seems odd if they deliver on the 5th though.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #31
machiavell1

Quote:
Originally Posted by muntu View Post
machiavell1

As you ordered in-store they would get to see ID from you, so I assume that they were happy to deliver to work.

Seems odd if they deliver on the 5th though.
They did indeed (usual driving license, star sign, DNA swab and psychological profiling) and they were fine about work delivery.

The delivery he mentioned was that it would come straight to me at the same time it would arrive in store, and that they were expecting their handsets on 7th November, and that I should expect to see mine either on Morning of 7th or possibly sometime on 6th (although he was doubtful of that). That same story was confirmed by another manager there when I queried 11th delivery date (and the doubt that was already attached to that).

They also said that, provided the handset hadn't been sent out for delivery and missed by me (ie was sitting in a sorting room somewhere), if it didn't arrive on Friday, I was welcome to come into the store on Saturday and pick one up from them instead directly.

So, let's see. I always assume that these things do not work out according to promised plans of CS from past experiences. I am even a little doubtful of a delivery or launch on 11th, given that only very recently the f/w appeared to have need of some fine-tuning. If it does turn up, great....Then I only hope it's up to scratch and not an iPhone wannabe that's lost all the blackberry good stuff.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #32
muntu

Well I hope you do get yours on the 7th. Let us know.

I have emailed Voda and asked if they could deliver to a store near me.

I could then go in with Passport, Driving License, DNA sample or whatever is required.

I doubt they will do it though.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:40 AM   #33
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

From what CS at Voda told me this morning they are still going for the 11th as the release date, but the date is still subject to change.
I'm having the phone sent to my home address.

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #34
muntu

CS emailed me back to say I can only have the phone delivered to home.

I am also confused as I was told on the phone 500Mb per day was the fair usage limit for web and data but on the Vodafone eforum someone has said it's 500Mb per month.

So another email has gone off to Vodafone to clarify.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #35
bogman

Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I went into a vodafone store in London today - out of curiousity to see Storm in the flesh (I have a Bold but may be tempted at some point!). They said that it was due to be released today, but its been delayed and they didn't know when the new date was going to be!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #36
celios

Model: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogman View Post
I went into a vodafone store in London today - out of curiousity to see Storm in the flesh (I have a Bold but may be tempted at some point!). They said that it was due to be released today, but its been delayed and they didn't know when the new date was going to be!
I don't think today was ever suggested as the release date?

This Friday is the date the stores are supposed to be getting them (and Lewis Hamilton will be in the Oxford St flagship store), although the 11th (next Tue) was the original date put around.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #37
muntu

I saw on PocketLint that Phones4U have confirmed it would be in store on Friday.

I just phoned my local Phones4U and the chap said they will have them on-sale to take away as soon as they open on Sat AM.

On their website it only shows a 24 month £35 contract. However the chap said he could do it on the £40/month 18month contract as per direct from Vodafone.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:00 AM   #38
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

I've been e-mailing a CS Rep at the Vodafone Sales Response Team who’s from the CS Online Store Team as I’d been asked to confirm my order.
The CS Rep had also given me his direct dial number as well – so I've given him a call to ask what he thinks the release date will be for the BB Storm.
The answer I was given is that the Storm will be sent out from the 10th Nov onwards.

Cheers

Keith
Old 11-06-2008, 02:04 AM   #39
muntu

Keith

That is what we are expecting for those of that have pre-ordered. It may still be available in Phones4U stores from Sat.

It may not of course but wouldn't surprise me.

Engadget says that it will come with the desktop cradle but there is no mention of this on the 4U website. I hope it does. Vodafone say it will come with a 1gb microsd card, whereas Engadget say in the US it will come with an 8gb card.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:06 AM   #40
keithmillar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just looked up the Phones4U website and it shows the BB Storm as -
"Pre-Order Today (we aim to deliver by the 11th November)"

blackberry storm 9500 contract mobile phone from phones 4u

Cheers

Keith
Closed Thread