BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
crw1

Model: 8100
Default Lotus Notes Calendar Entries?

Please Login to Remove!

Help! I just bought a TMo Pearl with the intention of synching my work calendar & address book through LN (v.6.5) on my laptop (using desktop mgr v.4.2.0.1.0 - I'm not on BES so no corporate email or wireless).

I installed the desktop mgr software & synched the address book to Notes with no problems. It's the calendar that's giving me fits.

It takes forever, but once it gets going it stops on a particular entry and then aborts with a C++ Runtime Error (abnormal termination).

I was on the phone with RIM last night for 4 hours! We ran numerous tif.logs and PtTrace.logs and which listed problematic entires; but when I would go to notes and delete them, I noticed these entries were no different than any others... i.e., nothing abnormal, and no attachments.

A year ago, I used a Treo that I synched with IBM Easy Sync software. The RIM tech said that software must have corrupted my calendar entries and that I would probably have to wipe out my calendar and re-enter the entire thing to get this thing to work. I have a huge calendar with more entries than I'll be able to re-enter; likewise I don't want to delete the entire calendar and history. Additionally, at work we are on a domino server and lots of re-occuring meetings, etc. are always happening so I'm worried about this problem continuing, even if I can determine and fix the root cause of this particular issue.

Any perspective or solution from someone who has had this problem (and fixed it) would be helpful & much appreciated. I don't know what kind of entries cause this, so if you know what "types" of Notes calendar entries tend to kill the desktop mgr. synch I'm all ears! Thanks!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:42 PM   #2
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

it's not a specific type, it's corruption within your calendar.

I'll say right now that i'm not a Notes guy, so I'm not sure of how to do this, but, if you exported your calendar from Notes, then imported it back in, this "may" clear up the corruption. I've seen it work in GroupWise and Outlook/Exchange.

I guess you'd say take that with a grain of salt since i am not a Notes guy, but here's why it works in the other two platforms. The entries that are corrupted are still able to be read by the mail program that is doing the exporting. Then when you import the information back, the mail program is creating brand new entries for each of them. Unless it's something like messed up characters or something that is causing the corruption, the issue should go away.

Zro
Old 02-18-2007, 05:09 PM   #3
crw1

Model: 8100

thanks, I'll give it a shot!
Closed Thread