Old 02-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #21
seven
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilberry
Where can I find the steps? I can't find anything on this and our RIM rep keeps dodging this question!
Here's the link they sent me:

BlackBerry Search Results
Old 02-02-2007, 01:59 PM   #22
careyana
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
Carrier: CingATT

The patch will be ready on Monday Feb 5th (this is according to our regional RIM rep). It is still in a quasi-beta test environment but will be ready for general consumption at that time.

We run BES 4.0.3 with a mixed environment of Exchange servers.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:17 PM   #23
gatortone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

The patch is now available on the website! You can download the patch directly onto your BB as well.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:46 PM   #24
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortone
The patch is now available on the website! You can download the patch directly onto your BB as well.
Yep. Now shows 2007 DST Patch in the Applications option.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:26 PM   #25
hnwosu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW
Default Patch Not Found: Trying again.....?

Yeah I downloaded the patch, and it keeps saying "Patch not Found" Could be its because I'm on BES, with an IT policy restricting 3rd Party software downloads?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:37 AM   #26
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnwosu
Yeah I downloaded the patch, and it keeps saying "Patch not Found" Could be its because I'm on BES, with an IT policy restricting 3rd Party software downloads?
Most likely.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #27
htmanning

Model: 7290

I didn't find any problems with the patch. Microsoft also released a similar patch for their WM devices.

Tom
BlackberryBlast.com
Old 02-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #28
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnwosu
Two possibilities
1) you are on a BES that is behind a proxy that requires the user to enter in authentication info. The patch manager you download from BlackBerry will not prompt for those credentials and therefore the MDS session to download the actual patch cannot be made and therefore you can't find the patch.

2) Something with your specific set of criteria on the handheld is not matching what is in RIM's model/OS/Carrier/whatever table. Give your wireless provider a call, they'll possibly transfer you directly to RIM, or go through the usual stuff, then go to RIM.

Zro
Old 02-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #29
CentexChris

Model: 7100

We are running BES Manager 4.1 and have pushed the patch out successfully to the users that need the DST patch. We are having problems with users that show up with nothing listed under Network Type. If you click on the persons name you should get all the information listed about the users blackberry but a few do not. Has anyone ever seen this problem or know of a fix?
Old 02-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #30
JPenrose

Model: 8830
Carrier: TELUS
Question MDS proxy config

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zro
Two possibilities
1) you are on a BES that is behind a proxy that requires the user to enter in authentication info. The patch manager you download from BlackBerry will not prompt for those credentials and therefore the MDS session to download the actual patch cannot be made and therefore you can't find the patch.

2) Something with your specific set of criteria on the handheld is not matching what is in RIM's model/OS/Carrier/whatever table. Give your wireless provider a call, they'll possibly transfer you directly to RIM, or go through the usual stuff, then go to RIM.

Zro
I'm pretty sure I'm in the same boat as hnwosu. My BES is behind an ISA 2004 FW/Proxy server. Looking at the MDS properties page on the BES I see an option to include a proxy server [manual entry] and an option that says: Use MDS for authentication. What might be the consequences of enabling a proxy and putting some authentication info in there? Perhaps this will just enable communication that needs authenticated proxy while leaving other functions staus quo?

I'm hoping this is what's preventing the patch manager from getting the patch.

Thanks,
-J
Old 02-21-2007, 01:23 PM   #31
Wiseass
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9850
PIN: k Floyd \m/ ROCK!
Carrier: VZW

Where does it tell you how to remotely apply/send the DST patch if you're an administrator and push it out via the BES option?

I can't find anything on that site.

I've got the hotfix for the BES (we're still running 4.0), and am applying the patch to the OS (win2k3) this weekend, but where is the file to send, and how do I send it?
Old 02-21-2007, 01:34 PM   #32
JPenrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseass
Where does it tell you how to remotely apply/send the DST patch if you're an administrator and push it out via the BES option?

I can't find anything on that site.

I've got the hotfix for the BES (we're still running 4.0), and am applying the patch to the OS (win2k3) this weekend, but where is the file to send, and how do I send it?
Send an email to john [dot] penrose at kuntz [dot] com and I'll send you the PDF I followed from RIM.

-J
Old 02-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #33
shnerk

Model: 9700

Will it hurt to update the handhelds BEFORE the Exchange server and BES get their KB92666? We plan to upgrade our servers this weekend, but I want to be proactive and send out the patches to the handhelds now.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #34
JPenrose

I'm doing the same thing you are; I'm [trying] to update the devices ahead of the server upgrade this weekend. I don't believe it really matters as long as they are in relatively close proximity. I'm getting the Patch Not Found error on the test devices so I'm not very confident that I'll get devices done ahead of EXCH/BES server.

-J
Closed Thread