BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
x0rockstarr

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Exclamation My pearl won't even turn on?

Please Login to Remove!

This morning at 7:30 [exactly], my phone froze.
I didn't notice it until about 7:40ish, so I tried turning it off, didn't work. So I did a battery pull. And put it back in. Well now it will get to the white screen with the little icon, and then it just stops and the LCD light just flashes red, then it'll repeat. I went to verizon and they're sending me a new phone. But I had to pay 50$ for it because I bought it from somewhere else. I'm not sure what is wrong with it. Any ideas? I really wish I didn't loose all of my contacts. :( Help asap!! Thanks so much!
Old 02-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0rockstarr View Post
This morning at 7:30 [exactly], my phone froze.
I didn't notice it until about 7:40ish, so I tried turning it off, didn't work. So I did a battery pull. And put it back in. Well now it will get to the white screen with the little icon, and then it just stops and the LCD light just flashes red, then it'll repeat. I went to verizon and they're sending me a new phone. But I had to pay 50$ for it because I bought it from somewhere else. I'm not sure what is wrong with it. Any ideas? I really wish I didn't loose all of my contacts. :( Help asap!! Thanks so much!

Your contacts are gone unless you have a backup of them. The phone is another story and most likely can be fixed.

Start here:

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

Then here if that fails:

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

Then here:

How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

Be patients and follow the instructions EXACTLY. I am guessing you will have a working phone in no time. Be patient on the last step as it can take up to 1.25 hours with mutliple re-boots.

Good Luck!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 02-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
x0rockstarr

Thanks. Do you know what the issue could be?
Old 02-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Thanks. Do you know what the issue could be?

Your operating system is corrupt. Can't tell you what caused it but once you wipe the damaged OS and load a fresh copy you will most likely be fine!

E-

Old 02-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
x0rockstarr

thanks. i'll def try it.
they're already sending me my new one though.
but it'll be nice to know what to do.
i'm guessing i should remove my memory card? or will that matter?
Old 02-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
thanks. i'll def try it.
they're already sending me my new one though.
but it'll be nice to know what to do.
i'm guessing i should remove my memory card? or will that matter?
Doesn't matter. I would suggest load the latest on it and if you do you will need to back the Media card up to your PC and delete everything on it, then format in the BB and copy only pics and music back to it. No folders or index files. If the card was used in a 4.3 os and you upgrade to 4.5 the folder and index files will cause constant reboots. But yeah, I think you will be able to revive it and what a great opportunity to play cause you have one on the way! Just follow the instructions EXACTLY. Do not skip any steps.

Good Luck and report back!

E-

Old 02-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #7
x0rockstarr

thanks. I've tried both steps. reinstalling everything. but it's not working. =[ because it won't turn on long enough to connect. maybe i'm missing something but idk. i'm hoping i can talk my parents into getting me the storm anyways. they both got it today. :/
Old 02-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
thanks. I've tried both steps. reinstalling everything. but it's not working. =[ because it won't turn on long enough to connect. maybe i'm missing something but idk. i'm hoping i can talk my parents into getting me the storm anyways. they both got it today. :/
See the second link that I gave you. It might take 10 or 15 tries. You have to catch it at the right moment in the boot sequence for JL-Cmdr to connect a wipe. When it does you will have an error 507 on the screen which means you are ready to load the OS.

Well if you can get your folks to buy you a storm go for it and kick the pearl down to your girl! She would still love ya for it!

E-

Old 02-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #9
x0rockstarr

Haha, I am a girl. xD But we're gonna look at my taxes. And We'll probably do what they did. Add the line and get the 2 storms for one. Then I'd sell the extra on ebay along with the pearl. Get money for it. :] But I gotta get ready for work soon, So I don't really have time to play with it anymore. My phone should be here in like 2 days. So yeah. Haa. The only thing I was really mad about is I lost my contacts. I had 200+. And I have some of them in my old old phone, but not all of them. :/ Not the ones I talk to anymore anyways.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #10
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Haha, I am a girl. xD But we're gonna look at my taxes. And We'll probably do what they did. Add the line and get the 2 storms for one. Then I'd sell the extra on ebay along with the pearl. Get money for it. :] But I gotta get ready for work soon, So I don't really have time to play with it anymore. My phone should be here in like 2 days. So yeah. Haa. The only thing I was really mad about is I lost my contacts. I had 200+. And I have some of them in my old old phone, but not all of them. :/ Not the ones I talk to anymore anyways.
Whoops! Actually I confused you with another member that I was helping! Sorry about that! Well enjoy your new phone and sorry about the contacts! Backup...backup..backup in the future ok? And those contacts will find you and you will build them back up (just be careful about how your reply until you figure out who they are! Lol!)

Old 02-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #11
x0rockstarr

Hahaa. I'll have to look at how to backup. I think I know, but Just to be sure. :] Thanks!
Closed Thread