Old 01-22-2007, 11:51 AM   #41
jjrr
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: v

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengrus
Congratulations! You are ready for the prime time?

Well done on the new features. I think it's very close to a powerful BB Email GTD application.

1. BUGS
BUG (1)
The default of date End of This week does not work right. When I set it end of this week, (today is Jan 21), it set it as Feb 3, while it should have been Jan 26.

BUG (2)
When I search for all due date status "-", and with no tags checked, it returns all the tagged message, then on the following report, it returns a blank screen.

2. SUGGESTION: End of Week
Please make end of week as Friday, because most of countries Friday is the end of work week, this includes USA.

3. SUGGESTION: Search Results
On the Search Results Display Page, it lists all the tagged messages. Can we add the following:

(1) Add an extra line on the top, under "Search results", show the tag names used for this search query. Such as "business"+"follow-up"+"other tags" etc.

(2) When you select one of the messages in search results, add one menu called "Change Tag" in addition to the current "View, Report, Remove, Close". This will be very useful and important if people want to mark this message as a tag "Completed". So after they processed some of the tagged messages, they can simply mark them completed. Then they can Run Report, and send (email) all those Completed Item to themselves for record keeping purpose. I guess you can either add this as a "Change Tag" option, or you might want to add a built in tag "Completed", then you will add an option of "Mark Completed". But I think the "Change Tag" option will give user more flexibility as they can change the status of that message.

4. SUGGESTION: REPORT
Please make the default checked box to only DATE, SUBJECT and FROM. Not many people want to run a report and have all the messages body displayed. It's just not practical to view and scroll on blackberry.

And can we not display the "America/Los Angeles" in the Date line? This is useless and just make it crowded.

And Add the corresponding tag to each report message so when you send them to yourself for record keeping, you know the tag category reference

5. SUGGESTION: PHONE NUMBER
I heard from other product that this might be a big task. But just wanted to ask if it is possible. Can you make the phone number inside tagged message clickable? That'll help a lot.

6. QUESTION
I asked this before, when you view the tagged message, the message body seems to be cut off at some point, it is not the whole email message. Could you please check this?

I don't think I'll ask for more feature. This software is already very powerful. So don't be scared if you see me posting again. ;)
Pengrus,

I think we are getting ready for the prime time . Thank you for the suggestions - we have already implemented a couple of them. When the new release is ready, we will let you know.

Thank you!
The Link2 Team
Old 01-28-2007, 07:16 AM   #42
jjrr

Quote:

Well done on the new features. I think it's very close to a powerful BB Email GTD application.

1. BUGS
BUG (1)
The default of date End of This week does not work right. When I set it end of this week, (today is Jan 21), it set it as Feb 3, while it should have been Jan 26.

BUG (2)
When I search for all due date status "-", and with no tags checked, it returns all the tagged message, then on the following report, it returns a blank screen.

Please make end of week as Friday, because most of countries Friday is the end of work week, this includes USA.

On the Search Results Display Page, it lists all the tagged messages. Can we add the following:

(1) Add an extra line on the top, under "Search results", show the tag names used for this search query. Such as "business"+"follow-up"+"other tags" etc.

(2) When you select one of the messages in search results, add one menu called "Change Tag" in addition to the current "View, Report, Remove, Close". This will be very useful and important if people want to mark this message as a tag "Completed". So after they processed some of the tagged messages, they can simply mark them completed. Then they can Run Report, and send (email) all those Completed Item to themselves for record keeping purpose. I guess you can either add this as a "Change Tag" option, or you might want to add a built in tag "Completed", then you will add an option of "Mark Completed". But I think the "Change Tag" option will give user more flexibility as they can change the status of that message.

Please make the default checked box to only DATE, SUBJECT and FROM. Not many people want to run a report and have all the messages body displayed. It's just not practical to view and scroll on blackberry.

And can we not display the "America/Los Angeles" in the Date line? This is useless and just make it crowded.

And Add the corresponding tag to each report message so when you send them to yourself for record keeping, you know the tag category reference

I heard from other product that this might be a big task. But just wanted to ask if it is possible. Can you make the phone number inside tagged message clickable? That'll help a lot.

6. QUESTION
I asked this before, when you view the tagged message, the message body seems to be cut off at some point, it is not the whole email message. Could you please check this?

I don't think I'll ask for more feature. This software is already very powerful. So don't be scared if you see me posting again. ;)
Dear Pengrus,

just to let you know - we are still working on the features you have suggested and we expect to launch the fully functional trial in a couple of days with the new features ready.

Thank you!

The Link2 Team
Old 01-31-2007, 08:24 AM   #43
jjrr

Quote:

1. BUGS
BUG (1)

BUG (2)

6. QUESTION

Dear Friends,

we have released an improved version of Tag-It! Main improvements are:

- when searching, it is possible to change existing tags on the fly
- when searching, you can see the actuals tags you specified for the search
- the reporting feature has been improved

We would like to thank you all for your feedback that helps us make this a better software.

Thank you!

The Link2 Team
Old 01-31-2007, 12:12 PM   #44
pengrus

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Excellent Job!!!

Just tried it, and it works great with the new features. Thank you for listening and implementing them.

I'd appreciate it if you let us know your answer/thoughts on the following:

6. QUESTION
Old 01-31-2007, 02:28 PM   #45
jjrr

Quote:
Excellent Job!!!

Just tried it, and it works great with the new features. Thank you for listening and implementing them.

I'd appreciate it if you let us know your answer/thoughts on the following:

6. QUESTION

Pengrus,
thank you!

Regarding 5 - we will create a workaround which should be able to do this
Regarding 6 - you are correct, and we are addressing the issue right now

Thank you for your suggestions - it really shows us what needs to be done to make it a better application.

Have a great day!