Old 07-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #41
4n6doc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman007 View Post
Does anyone know if support for the 8703e is in the works? Would love to give it a try but my phone isnt listed as supported.
The phone model is not really the issue. The service currently supports only T-Mobile and Cingular/AT&T mobile users. It will not work with Sprint.

Keep checking back on the website, though...they say that it is their intention eventually to expand their service to other providers.

Last edited by 4n6doc; 07-05-2007 at 04:32 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #42
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper101 View Post
I guess this will be just like the iPhone's visual voicemail feature.

"The service works just as described, providing you with a list of voicemail messages by time, caller, and length. There's even an option to have your messages transcribed and sent to your email inbox."

BG just put up a new post about this, its compatible with a "variety of Windows Mobile handsets, as well as newer model BlackBerrys including the BlackBerry Curve, BlackBerry 8800, and the BlackBerry Pearl."

I have just tried it and so far it works perfectly on my pearl, i can see who called, what time, how long of a message it is and i can also play it off my phone and rewind it an replay it! it Works perfectly!

P.S. Sorry if this has been posted before but i started a new thread because i don't think this service i particular has been mentioned...

SimulSays [Beta] - www.SimulSays.com
Going to download it now. Thanks for the info.

I just noticed the SimulSays's web design looks-alike to GrandCentral.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #43
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

the idea is pretty cool but I can't afford for the subscription (as I don't get vmail often than I want to pay a service to convert the conversation to text).

Btw, what kind of language would the service be able to convert from speech to text?
Old 07-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #44
lobozooma

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

I have tried this program over the last day and I keep getting a network error message and the vmails were not delivered. Luckily I didn' have any critical messages (I realize it is a beta version). I get a yellow or red dot at the top of the program and I had to take out the battery to fix it.

Any ideas how to correct this? I thought it was just an issue with my signal but it didn't correct when I went into an area with strong coverage.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #45
4n6doc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobozooma View Post
I have tried this program over the last day and I keep getting a network error message and the vmails were not delivered. Luckily I didn' have any critical messages (I realize it is a beta version). I get a yellow or red dot at the top of the program and I had to take out the battery to fix it.

Any ideas how to correct this? I thought it was just an issue with my signal but it didn't correct when I went into an area with strong coverage.

Any help would be appreciated.
1. Make sure you have your email address and PIN (the voicemail PIN you created, not your phone PIN) are entered correctly in the SimulSays application.

2. Make sure that you entered the correct sequence of digits into the phone as listed in the welcome email you got.

Beyond that, I would contact their tech support and give them a chance to help you.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #46
lobozooma

Model: 8300

Thanks. It worked yesterday fine and then today was an issue. If it stops working again I will email their support and find out what they can do. If the solution is useful I will post a note back.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:36 PM   #47
4n6doc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobozooma View Post
Thanks. It worked yesterday fine and then today was an issue. If it stops working again I will email their support and find out what they can do. If the solution is useful I will post a note back.
Oh. In that case, it definitely isn't either of the things I recommended.

Hopefully, they will be able to offer you a solution.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:56 PM   #48
cayzac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Curve

Do you still have to dial in to delete the message? I was hoping that deleting it from the SimulSays app would remove it from the system but it doesn't appear to be doing that.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:51 PM   #49
4n6doc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayzac View Post
Do you still have to dial in to delete the message? I was hoping that deleting it from the SimulSays app would remove it from the system but it doesn't appear to be doing that.
No it doesn't, which is a feature that needs to be added in the next version.

You can dial in to delete, or you can go on the My Accounts page of the website and delete it or mark it as read, either of which will make it disappear from the voicemailbox.

Addendum: Kind of cool...if you go onto the website and move a message into the "Saved" folder, it will show up as a saved message if you dial in to your voicemail. If you mark it as "unread" it will show up as a new message in your voicemailbox. They say on their website that you can save as many messages at this time as you want, so basically this gives you the ability to always be able to recover a message. It would be really nice if they added a search function on the website and on the handheld app.

Last edited by 4n6doc; 07-05-2007 at 08:09 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #50
jeffharris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900

So far, I like it! Working fine. And, I heard some people over at Pinstack said their Opera and Beyond411 don't work after they installed the app, but, it's all OK for me.

I am wondering though. It seems like the voicemails are transmitted directly to the BB device. Does this take up RAM? I believe it must, as, the playback is way too fast for it to be a stream. Any ideas? That being the case, you wouldn't want to keep too many voicemails alive in the app.

Jeff
www.jeffharris.com
Old 07-05-2007, 08:24 PM   #51
4n6doc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffharris View Post
So far, I like it! Working fine. And, I heard some people over at Pinstack said their Opera and Beyond411 don't work after they installed the app, but, it's all OK for me.

I am wondering though. It seems like the voicemails are transmitted directly to the BB device. Does this take up RAM? I believe it must, as, the playback is way too fast for it to be a stream. Any ideas? That being the case, you wouldn't want to keep too many voicemails alive in the app.
Yes, they are sitting in your device RAM.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #52
4n6doc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Woo hoo...I just:

1. Set transcribed voicemails to be sent to my gmail account.

2. Set up a filter on gmail to take any messages from [email address], skip the inbox, and slap the label "SimulScribe VMs" on them.

3. Set up a filter on BIS not to forward the emails from [email address] to my BB (I don't need both notifications).

Now all I have to do is open up gmail, click on the SimulScribe VMs label, and voila...searchable voicemails! (And if you attach the sound file as an mp3 instead of a wav, you can listen to the voice message from within gmail without having to download or save the file.)

Last edited by 4n6doc; 07-05-2007 at 08:51 PM..
Old 07-06-2007, 02:17 AM   #53
Jasper101
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Own Voicemail message

Another useful tip, if you would like to get your own recorded message rather then there boring one Just do the following steps:

1. Log on to: SimulSays [Beta] - www.SimulSays.com

2. Click, the "Log In" button at the top of the page

3. Then once you have logged in click on "Account Settings"

4. Scroll Down to "ScribeForty Account #..." Then, if you want to stop there own message click on the Green Check mark. Doing this will disable there prerecorded message.

5. Now you have to make your own message recording, I used VR+ to record a WAVE file.

6. Once your recording is on your computer, go to "upload" and locate your file.

7. And your done! No more lame recording!

Hope this helps....

P.S. There might be an easier way to do this but this is the only way i figured out how to.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:24 AM   #54
4n6doc
Thumbs Must Hurt

You can also just dial the voicemail number they gave you in your welcome email, press 0 for the account options, and press 1 to record your message. They will still tack on the woman's voice saying "your message will be transcribed by...", but you can turn that off by unchecking the box you mentioned in the My Accounts menu.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:29 AM   #55
jeffharris
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n6doc View Post
Yes, they are sitting in your device RAM.
So, deleting them on the application on the device you think will completely and cleanly erase them from RAM? Maybe a future version can store VMs on the memory card.

I really like the app so far. I hope it won't be too much of a battery drain. I am curious in the next few days, as when my German, Italian and Japanese clients leave VMs (in English) if all will be transcribed correctly, given their accents ...you

Jeff
www.jeffharris.com

Last edited by jeffharris; 07-06-2007 at 02:30 AM..
Old 07-06-2007, 03:09 AM   #56
brianct1972
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm

How would it drain the battery?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:18 AM   #57
4n6doc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianct1972 View Post
How would it drain the battery?
By running continuously in the background and using the data connection at regular intervals to poll the voicemail server for new messages.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:41 AM   #58
Jumpin_Joe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffharris View Post
I am curious in the next few days, as when my German, Italian and Japanese clients leave VMs (in English) if all will be transcribed correctly, given their accents ...you
There is a competitor to SimulScribe called SpinVox. It will **transcribe** several languages (German being one of them IIRC) - not translate. Funny thing is if you start to speak in one language and then switch to English, SpinVox picks one of the languages and transcribes only it.

I know that's not what you meant, but I thought I'd throw my USD$0.02 in here

BTW...When my heavily accented mother-in-law leaves me VM, SimulScribe really has problems transcribing.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:12 AM   #59
MacFly
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper101 View Post
Another useful tip, if you would like to get your own recorded message rather then there boring one Just do the following steps:

1. Log on to: SimulSays [Beta] - www.SimulSays.com

2. Click, the "Log In" button at the top of the page

3. Then once you have logged in click on "Account Settings"

4. Scroll Down to "ScribeForty Account #..." Then, if you want to stop there own message click on the Green Check mark. Doing this will disable there prerecorded message.

5. Now you have to make your own message recording, I used VR+ to record a WAVE file.

6. Once your recording is on your computer, go to "upload" and locate your file.

7. And your done! No more lame recording!

Hope this helps....

P.S. There might be an easier way to do this but this is the only way i figured out how to.
i thought of doing this as well.

how is VR+? do the voices sound pretty natural? link?
Old 07-06-2007, 05:34 AM   #60
davidlleroy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 301880B6
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Is there a similar program for the 8830?
Closed Thread