Old 07-20-2006, 09:18 PM   #21
VidGameKing
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc
What these pictures suggest to me is that there is a real issue with the paint job on the 8700c. I have yet to see an 8700r show such wear in any context.
Hmm... But it will have to wear. The paint on the 8700r is still paint, and it is not the actual plastic that makes up the body of the BB. The paint cannot be stronger than the body, thats impossible. I think the failure is painting the body in the first place as apposed to using colored plastic.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:35 AM   #22
endodoc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c

RIM must of got a good deal on paint.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:44 AM   #23
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

I strongly sugest all of you with case issues go look through the reviews section of this forum and read everything available for your BB model. There are several to chose from, all of which are better than the "Launcher." Personally, since the Fortte STiL cases were designed, I haven't looked back (I have four of them now - addendum to review here).

There is a case for everyone, you just have to go find it. That's why we created the reviews section of the forum recently, to help people in search of such items. Good luck!
Old 07-21-2006, 01:49 PM   #24
zero1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

VID Game King -

How did you go about getting a replacement? Im trying but i keep being bounced back and forth between Cing and RIM
Old 07-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #25
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidGameKing
It's interesting to note the difference in the shape of the metal bezel on the speakerphone. it's more rounded on the newer model. Also if someone could look at my new label and could tell if it is or is not a refurb that would be cool. I know on nokia and motorola they put a big label on it that say's it's a refurb but there was no aparent label on the replacment unit.
I looked at one of your photos, could it be because one unit was made in Canada and one is from Mexico? That's the only justification I can come up with in regards to the shape of your speakerphone. With a huge company as RIM, one would expect that their manufacturing facility be it in Canada or somewhere else, uses the same parts, molds and all, don't you think?

But I guess they were using different suppliers... but then again, what about specifications on parts? Now that's interesting!

Which one is better now? Made in Canada? or somewhere else?

Old 07-21-2006, 05:25 PM   #26
cooperpwc
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidGameKing
Hmm... But it will have to wear. The paint on the 8700r is still paint, and it is not the actual plastic that makes up the body of the BB. The paint cannot be stronger than the body, thats impossible. I think the failure is painting the body in the first place as apposed to using colored plastic.
Is the 8700r painted? I honestly don't know but having used five of them over the past half year, and having many friends with them, I have never seen a scratch that changes the colour.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:21 PM   #27
johnsonk2
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero1
VID Game King -

How did you go about getting a replacement? Im trying but i keep being bounced back and forth between Cing and RIM
I too would like to know the answer to this. I have had mine since December of '05 and replaced first unit within the 30 days. Second unit is doing/ has done the same thing with the dust. Did you take yours back before or after the 30 days was up?
Closed Thread