Old 07-18-2006, 08:20 AM   #481
ld-runner
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outfocus
Need help please....I have a 8700g and wish to unlock the Zen theme.

I followed the instructions but do not have this folder: ......Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.284_P2.0.0.120.

I only have:
-AppLoader
-Modem Drivers
-RimDeviceManager
-USB Drivers

What am I missing?Please help.....
these are the instructions i followed...
http://home.comcast.net/~tamsterra/B...Model_Tips.pdf
Old 07-18-2006, 10:23 AM   #482
outfocus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: Telstra

Thanks very much. Worked out my software in my 8700g doesn't contain the zen theme. Tried the Telstra with success except it is missing soe key applications i like to asign to the side and convenience keys- so now trying the BHARTI.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2006, 04:45 PM   #483
cjpitsch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw000
I just upgraded my cingular 8700c to the latest telstra via the instructions here. It worked perfectly. Thanks to everyone for putting in the time and effort to allow us to upgrade to better software!!!

I just have to re-activate BES when I go into work in the morning. I guess my original password expired so I will see the admin in the morning.

P.S. I love the Zen theme!! It rocks!

Thanks,
Brian
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did the same for my Cingular 8700c. ZEN is cool, but now I can not get my bb to operate as a tethered modem. Worked great before this OS change. Any ideas out there?
Old 07-18-2006, 07:03 PM   #484
lenebene

Model: 8300
Carrier: At&t
Talking

Worked GREAT!! Thanks!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:42 PM   #485
Workingmen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: ATT

Thank you Seattle18!
Thank you Jibi!
Upgrade went perfectly.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:39 PM   #486
ld-runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpitsch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did the same for my Cingular 8700c. ZEN is cool, but now I can not get my bb to operate as a tethered modem. Worked great before this OS change. Any ideas out there?
whoa, that stinks. I did not have that issue at all. As a matter of fact, i am writing this tethered to my 8700c.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #487
outfocus
Thumbs Must Hurt

This theme (BHARTI) is not as good as the Zen theme on my 7130g. And the Telstra one is lacking features too, such as being able to allocate a large choice of applications to the side and convenience keys, especially the keylock!

The 7130g has the best combination of both the Telstra and BHARTI, fyi.

cheers
Old 07-19-2006, 10:28 PM   #488
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by outfocus
This theme (BHARTI) is not as good as the Zen theme on my 7130g. And the Telstra one is lacking features too, such as being able to allocate a large choice of applications to the side and convenience keys, especially the keylock!

The 7130g has the best combination of both the Telstra and BHARTI, fyi.

cheers
This post doesn't make sense. Telstra and Bharti are two separate OS's, and cannot simultaneously be on the same device. So there is no way to have "the best combination of both Telstra and BHARTI." Additionally, they both are basically identical. They both have Zen theme on them, which lines up the icons on the right of the home screen. There are a few minor differences, but basically they are the same.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:56 AM   #489
outfocus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle18
This post doesn't make sense. Telstra and Bharti are two separate OS's, and cannot simultaneously be on the same device. So there is no way to have "the best combination of both Telstra and BHARTI." Additionally, they both are basically identical. They both have Zen theme on them, which lines up the icons on the right of the home screen. There are a few minor differences, but basically they are the same.
Like I said earlier, the Telstra doesn't allow many options to be selected to the convenience and side buttons, such as the keylock, which I use for the convenience button.

The BHARTI version makes the ringtones sound WAY too loud that it distorts the speaker, so I am reverting back to my original software, without the Zen theme. I find the Zen theme is better on the 7100 series and the Dimension Icon is better for the 8700 series making better use of the screen, unless you really need to have a main picture visible at all times, which I don't.

But the 7130g does have the best version of the Zen theme, shame it hasn't been remade for the 8700g.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:15 AM   #490
cjpitsch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld-runner
whoa, that stinks. I did not have that issue at all. As a matter of fact, i am writing this tethered to my 8700c.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is what my modem diagnostics looks like following Telstra v4.1.0.371 OS install and ZEN theme on my 8700c:

ATQ0V1E0 Success
AT+GMM BlackBerry IP Modem
AT+FCLASS=? COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
AT#CLS=? COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
AT+GCI? COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
AT+GCI=? COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
ATI1 Research in Motion / BlackBerry IP Modem
ATI2 Research in Motion / BlackBerry IP Modem
ATI3 Research in Motion / BlackBerry IP Modem
ATI4 Research in Motion / BlackBerry IP Modem
ATI5 Research in Motion / BlackBerry IP Modem
ATI6 Research in Motion / BlackBerry IP Modem
ATI7 Research in Motion / BlackBerry IP Modem

Now my tetherd BB modem no longer works. Interesting that your's works. I followed the steps as posted. Was running Cingular's latest OS (on a new 8700c). Followed the modem set up that was posted. Ran flawlessly as a modem with thruput @115K. Then loaded Zen and found out that my modem would not connect. I am getting "TCP/IP reported error 736. The remote computer terminated the control protocol." Maybe someone has some ideas out there?
Old 07-20-2006, 10:19 AM   #491
ld-runner

that looks like a Cingular Connection Manager issue to me. I would contact cingular and maybe re-install the cingular software.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:46 AM   #492
cjpitsch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld-runner
that looks like a Cingular Connection Manager issue to me. I would contact cingular and maybe re-install the cingular software.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thx, I just completed reloading device manage and desktop manager on my laptop to get my modem back. I deleted it a couple of days ago when it did not work. Could not manually install it, so I reinstalled 4.1, but still no modem connectivity.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #493
ld-runner

then try to delete the modem. unistall the cingular software. start over. per your post / paste, the dialer does not like the modem. The modem in this case is the 8700c. Just delete it and let the Cingular software re-find it. I think you have to choose the USB option if i remember correctly. My laptop is not here or i could be more detailed.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #494
jonahmc

Model: 8700c
Default Deleted email icon reappears after install

First of all thank you so much for this wonderful tutorial. Thank you Seattle18 and all those that worked with you.

Everything went fine on my installing the new Telstra OS with all the themes. I installed this on my 8700c. The only problem I've encountered is that after the install an old email address I don't use from hotmail has returned to the list of icons. I deleted it from my service book and it is still visible. I don't just want to hide this icon. I want it to be removed permanently. How can I get this icon removed? It is no longer in my list of active emails either and yet it is still on my device.

TIA!

Jonah
Old 07-20-2006, 02:13 PM   #495
jonahmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahmc
First of all thank you so much for this wonderful tutorial. Thank you Seattle18 and all those that worked with you.

Everything went fine on my installing the new Telstra OS with all the themes. I installed this on my 8700c. The only problem I've encountered is that after the install an old email address I don't use from hotmail has returned to the list of icons. I deleted it from my service book and it is still visible. I don't just want to hide this icon. I want it to be removed permanently. How can I get this icon removed? It is no longer in my list of active emails either and yet it is still on my device.

TIA!

Jonah
haha...okay...after removing the icon from the service book I did another update on the Host Routing Table and pulled the battery out of the back...waited 30 seconds and put it all back together and VOILA...the email icon is now gone.

Thank you again everything works great...
Old 07-20-2006, 03:13 PM   #496
davel

I downloaded everything fine and added the "today" theme. Everything is fine other than when I use the "Today" theme, I cannot add a picture as the background. If I am in a different theme, the option to add as a background shows on my menu, but when I use the "Today" theme and click on a picture, that option is not available. Help???

NEVER MIND - I switched it to Dimension Today and the backgrounds work ... and I found on another post that backgrounds don't work with Voda today.

Last edited by davel; 07-21-2006 at 07:41 PM..
Old 07-20-2006, 06:13 PM   #497
capraberry85

Default hm

since i have an 8700g i went about going to have the zen theme unlocked.
only problem is when i went to delete the appropriate vendor ids they werent even there, as if they were already deleted or didnt need to be deleted in the first place because i had the zen theme already there after all..
so why is the zen theme not showing up?

thanks.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:55 PM   #498
naviwilliams

Model: 9900

Yeah, but did you have the right version of desktop manager? I did it, i.e. edited the info in blackberry.alx, using notepad, and it worked fine...
Old 07-23-2006, 03:01 AM   #499
MooseBerry

Model: 9930
PIN: Up :)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Seattle, thanks!

I just installed the Telstra OS and it seems to be working great! I love the Today theme.

Thank you to everyone who put the effort into making these themes available to all.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #500
kstew
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

Thanks a ton for the easy to follow directions! I'm a Mac guy and was able to pull this off without any hitches.

Bravo!
Closed Thread