BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 05-26-2006, 11:32 PM   #41
robnick2
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Mine should be coming tomorrow. I hope I like it or I will have to pay the 20% restocking fee because of the return.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #42
TheRFGuy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile & AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblackburn
I was actually hoping someone could tell me how to get it working ! I have a newly flashed E61 with the BBConnect software installed but the accompanying Desktop software keeps whining that either the device isn't connected to my laptop (is!) or the Blackberry software isn't running. Now how I tell between installed but not running I don't know.
How/where did you get the load the new firmware with BB Connect? thanks
Old 05-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #43
stufried
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: E61
Carrier: Eitislat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRFGuy
I thought the BBC is downloadable from Nokia's website? Also I asked a Nokia rep on one of Nokia displays shops and they said all the E61 already have built in BBC - unlike the 9300 where BBC was not available when it was launched initially.
Hi,

I'm in Dubai where the E61 is out. While I don't have it, I've poured a box in a store, read the manuals (they even copied) a few pages. Nothing was in it about BBC. I also spent sometime going through the menus and did not see it. I think it shipped without it and NOkia is planning on connecting this up through a download.

I'm going with a friend to buy one later this week and will probably help him set it up. I'll let you know then.

Stu
Old 05-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #44
PhoneHand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9500
Carrier: tmobile

In the menu of the phone thier is a place to download
GOOD
Blackbery
Seven
Microsot Exchange

But when you click on Good or blackberry it brings you to the download page that says coming soon.
I think nokia is ignorent in not releasing the product right. I would rather them not release it then release without the features its said to have.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:03 PM   #45
TheRFGuy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneHand
In the menu of the phone thier is a place to download
GOOD
Blackbery
Seven
Microsot Exchange

But when you click on Good or blackberry it brings you to the download page that says coming soon.
I think nokia is ignorent in not releasing the product right. I would rather them not release it then release without the features its said to have.
I agree. Nokia should have waited a bit longer and release BBC with the phone. However speaking with one of the Nokia rep that I know from work, he said Nokia released it because 8700g were gaining lots of momentum in Europe and didn't want RIM to gain too much market share before it is too late. Not sure if this is true but that is what he said.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #46
tkao2025
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRFGuy
I agree. Nokia should have waited a bit longer and release BBC with the phone. However speaking with one of the Nokia rep that I know from work, he said Nokia released it because 8700g were gaining lots of momentum in Europe and didn't want RIM to gain too much market share before it is too late. Not sure if this is true but that is what he said.
Can you ask him when the BB connect will be released, since I've seen it on the blackberry cool website with the E61/E62 with BB on it? Since he knows why they released it without, he must know when they will release the download software. It must be done or nearly done by now....
Old 05-29-2006, 08:10 AM   #47
saldous
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

See: http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=36541
Old 05-30-2006, 01:33 PM   #48
luciodirosa

Model: 8800
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Nokia e61 and BIS

hi...i was able to download the software and load it onto my nokia e61. I can send emails but cannot receive them....does anyone know why?

I can email to whoever needs it the software.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:37 PM   #49
jmejonesnovo

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

You've got to send a Service Book to your new device once you enter in your PIN and IMEI
Old 05-30-2006, 03:50 PM   #50
michael.kaplan1

Model: e61
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmejonesnovo
You've got to send a Service Book to your new device once you enter in your PIN and IMEI
I would love the BB software if it works. Can anybody please help with this? Id be grateful! Thank you so much Michael
Old 05-31-2006, 10:47 AM   #51
dphones

Smile I HAVE bbc WORKING ON MY E61 AT LAST!

Great news(for me anyway!) I have managed to successfully download, install and configure Blackberry services on my new Nokia e61. I was using a 7100v with Blackberry Enterprise Server on Vodaphone (uk) but the battery life and audio quality was terrible so I splashed out on the E61. I just unistalled the old client from my pc and reinstalled the nokia version. Uploaded the sis and configured, then Kapow! emails came trickling out just like my old blackberry.

It works for both send and receive and is currently beating my outlook client by about 1-2 minutes for delivery!

I cant work out how you can change the font size(any suggetsions) , because for my taste you cannot see enough of the email content on the screen at one time. It is also a little slower than my 7100v to open/forward/reply to mails ( it takes about twice as long as a text message)

One nice feature is that the two or three most recent mails display on the standby desktop

More useless ramblings may follow.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:55 AM   #52
TheRFGuy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphones
Great news(for me anyway!) I have managed to successfully download, install and configure Blackberry services on my new Nokia e61. I was using a 7100v with Blackberry Enterprise Server on Vodaphone (uk) but the battery life and audio quality was terrible so I splashed out on the E61. I just unistalled the old client from my pc and reinstalled the nokia version. Uploaded the sis and configured, then Kapow! emails came trickling out just like my old blackberry.

It works for both send and receive and is currently beating my outlook client by about 1-2 minutes for delivery!

I cant work out how you can change the font size(any suggetsions) , because for my taste you cannot see enough of the email content on the screen at one time. It is also a little slower than my 7100v to open/forward/reply to mails ( it takes about twice as long as a text message)

One nice feature is that the two or three most recent mails display on the standby desktop

More useless ramblings may follow.
Did you have to install the Blackberry Desktop to activate BES?
Old 05-31-2006, 11:03 AM   #53
dphones

I had to install the Blackberry connect software + the S60 Blackberry connect on the device. Once both are installed I clicked on connect on the Blackberry connect software and it asked me whether I wanted calendar replication I said yes and after a bit of huffing and puffing (it downloads the entries from the exchange server so you need to be on the corparate Lan or connected via a vpn) it connected. ps you may need to activate the blackberry service on the handset too
Old 05-31-2006, 11:14 AM   #54
TheRFGuy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphones
I had to install the Blackberry connect software + the S60 Blackberry connect on the device. Once both are installed I clicked on connect on the Blackberry connect software and it asked me whether I wanted calendar replication I said yes and after a bit of huffing and puffing (it downloads the entries from the exchange server so you need to be on the corparate Lan or connected via a vpn) it connected. ps you may need to activate the blackberry service on the handset too
Where did you get the S60 Blackberry connect from? I checked the CD that came with the phone and it's not there nor is it at Nokia's website. thanks
Old 05-31-2006, 12:05 PM   #55
dphones

if you look on businesssoftware dot nokia dot com forwardslash blackberry you will find a link for the S60 (For Nokia E61) .sis file

Enjoy
Old 05-31-2006, 04:20 PM   #56
wlegge

Model: MDAc
Carrier: Vodafone

Does the E61 support / have the blackberry browser?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:10 AM   #57
dphones

I dont think so but it has a full web browser and also a wap browser. You can also download Opera if you prefer it
Old 06-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #58
tedmundson

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT

does any one know if the e61 will run the Avaya 0ne-X mobile client.the Avaya one x client is a series 60 app. .. it let you manage a connection to your avaya phone system for ec500
Old 06-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #59
robhawley

It seems that the e61 with BB connect must cannot use the blackberry APN for web browsing.

Does anyone know if Rogers will charge for using internet.com if on a blackberry plan?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:05 AM   #60
hmerali

Model: 7330

Hi,

I have got the E61 working with Blackberry internet email from O2 UK. It seems to work every well.

However, I have a couple of queries and was wondering if anyone could help:

1. I have enabled the Blackberry mailbox as my default mailbox so it appears on the stanby screen. I have also enabled an email alert sound on my profiles setup. However, when new email arrives there is no sound played nor vibrating alert. Anyone know how to enable this for new Blackberry email ?

2. Text size and font on the mail client is a bit big. Is there anyway of reducing this size. I can't seem to find any way of changing this to a user defined look or size. Any ideas.

Otherwise, the E61 is a great device.