BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
monkmanusa

Model: 7130e
Default 7130e Bluetooth Headset Echo for person speaking to me

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,
My wife and I both purchased a 7130e and a pair of bluetooth headsets. We have now tried several different headsets - but we seem to have an "echo" problem when making a call to one another.
If I am NOT wearing the bluetooth headset on my 7130e - but my wife is and I call her from my 7130e to her 7130e when I speak - I hear myself echo a half second or so after I speak - it is quite disconcerting. That is, the person who is speaking to the person wearing the bluetooth headset hears the echo.
Now if I call my wife from a different phone - i.e. I use a land line and she is on the 7130e with the headset - then no echo.
Therefore if we are both speaking to one another on our 7130e's and we are BOTH wearing our bluetooth sets - then it sounds very strange.
This is REALLY weird - but it happens EVERYTIME.
Just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this, whether there are software updates available for the 7130e to address bluetooth issues?
Any info would be great.
Thanks.

This is diffecult to tack down as the person using the 7130e with the bluetooth headset does not hear the echo - the person calling does.......
Old 04-15-2006, 04:44 AM   #2
CMiddleton

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon
Default volume

Monkman,

I experienced the same problem with my Motorola Bluetooth Headset. In my case the people who called me also complained of an echo. After I turned my listening volume down, it solved the problem. The earpiece is in such close proximity to the microphone that it causes a loop effect, thus the echo.

This also explains why it happens to you and not your wife, she doesnt require the same amount of volume to hear.

Try turning the speaker on your BT down and see if it helps.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
monkmanusa

Default Yeah tried that

Hi - thanks for the reply. I had actually got that recommendation from the tech at the cell phone dealership. So we tried - but you have to turn the volume down so low to prevent the echo that you can barely hear the person who is speaking to you.
We have now tried seven different bluetooth headsets - and everyone of them do this to varying degrees. That is, one one headset we can turn the handset volume down by three "bars" and we can hear no echo - or on others it has to go down almost to zero.
Weird thing is if we turn down the volume on the handset then if you adjust the volume on the earpiece (headset) - it turns the volume on the "handset" back up also...
Anyhow after going thru seven differnt ones we seem to have found one that almost works.....at least so far the Motorola H700 seems to create almost no echo - so I'll probably go with that (the Jabra BT500 was almost as good - though not quite....).
Hopefully we have a solution......
Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

PS. Did you mean turn down the volume on the "bluetooth headset" and turn "up" the volume on the " 7130e handset" or vice versa - cos we were told to try it the other way round (i.e. vice versa)....?
Old 04-15-2006, 12:54 PM   #4
Raven
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: VZW

have you tryied to trun on the Automatic Volume Control?
In Phone Mode > options > enhanced audio

I have a 7130e & a plantronics 320, i have not noticed any echo or have people calling me.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:21 PM   #5
fishmjo

I have exact same problem...I've tried many headsets and the people always complain of echo regardless if they are on land line or cell phone. I'm trying to decide if I should give up on bluetooth with my 7130e or try again.

I was thinking to try the Jabra JX10 or the HS850.

Can anyone tell me how these work in regards to echo???

THANKS SO MUCH
Old 05-31-2006, 10:32 AM   #6
rohardi
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

The issue is not with the bluetooth. It's with the 7130. If you are having the same issue I am having on my 7130. I will be on a call with someone, they will get a echo in there ear when they talk. So they here themself. I have no issues on my end. I get this problem with or with out bluetooth, land line or cell phone on any network. This started about 2 months ago. I swaped out the phone with verizon, and still have the issue. So after I called them back to tell them that I was having the same issue, they told me to press *** send after every call that I had this problem with so they could look at what tower and trumping group to see if it was a network issue. After about a week they called me to tell me that it wasn't the network, so it must be the phone.So they are sending me out a new phone. P.S. this wil be the 4th time I will be swaping out my 7130 and I'm Getting sick of this!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 11:42 AM   #7
lsbuffs

I have been experiencing the same issue with echo for about 2months. Doesn't have anything to do with Bluetooth in my case. The person I'm talking to will tell me they can hear themselves echo....neither of us will be using Bluetooth.

It's very frustrating and intermittent. I find myself putting off important calls until I can do so from a landline so my caller doesn't have to deal with this embarrasing problem. I called Verizon and they told me they couldn't do anything and I'd have to bring the phone into the store. In their usual fashion, they act like I'm the only one who ever reported such an issue.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:02 AM   #8
IanHummel

Model: 9000

I have a BB 8700G and have this problem as well. Whenever I use the headset, whoever I'm talking to gets an echo of themselves. This only happens when I'm using the headset. If I'm in the middle of the call and I turn off the headset and go back to my phone, the echo is gone. Pain in the damn ass if you ask me.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:41 PM   #9
Nubian

Model: 8830e

The Plantronics 320 has worked the best for me on both BB 7250 and 7130e. Motorola headsets have echos (the 2 I tried-don't remember the models)...
Old 07-09-2006, 12:23 PM   #10
$tockmarket
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

We're having the problem too and it has nothing to do with Bluetooth. Very embarrassing when you use this as a business phone. BTW, we got the same response from Verizon, "not the network, must be the phone". Well we received new phones with the same old problem. If you're hovering and reading this, and have the same problem post! Verizon and BB need to know this is epidemic.

Last edited by $tockmarket; 07-09-2006 at 12:25 PM..
Old 07-09-2006, 09:16 PM   #11
DINide
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

i've heard that moto BT headsets dont do too well with BBs. jabra and plantronics seem to be favorites.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:38 AM   #12
Echo3
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I do not have this problem with my 7130e from VZW.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:55 AM   #13
FlyingElvis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo3
I do not have this problem with my 7130e from VZW.
Same here.

I use the Motorola H700. Great device. I love how opening and closing the boom automatically connects or disconnects.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #14
f.cataldo

I am having the same echo problem with my Verizon 7130. They have replaced the handset three times and the problem persists. Technical support told me to dial *** after each problem call, and they would get back to me. It has been several days, and I have not heard back from them and I am not optimistic that they will solve or acknowledge the problem.

The problem makes the 7130 useless for telephone calls. I have re-activated my old 7250 - works perfectly.

I am going to push Verizon to take the unit back.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #15
fireman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

I don't have any problems with my 7130e with vzw and I use bt all the time. I switched from plantronics to the flamingo and nxzen and both work flawlessly.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #16
Crupp

Model: 9000
PIN: 249e66f1

I just recieved my second phone for the echo problem. I too was getting the problem with or without the headset. I am going to try the new phone with my Plantronics 510 to see if the problem is fixed.

Verizon fought me until my last call when the tech could here himself talking!!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:57 PM   #17
PCDoctor

Model: 7130
Default Verizon 7130 echo

The echo issue described here is the same we have on a large number of 7130 devices we have. We also started having problems with not being able to adjust the volume (thumbwheeel) during a call. The only work-around is you can reset the device by talking out the battery.

Everything seems to work for a day or two max after a reset. Verizon is telling us the same B.S. It's not their network, it must be the phone. We have swapped out no less than 6 devices this week. Several of these have been swapped out more than once in the past week or two. The problem continues to exist. Some right out of the box. Interesting part is that the problem started to surface about two months ago (like several others reported here too). Our environment has a mixture of Verizon (70%), Cingular 20% and T-Mobile (10%). Only the Verizon 7130 phones seem have a consistant echo issue.

V E R I Z O N .... Are you listening to your users???
Old 07-23-2006, 07:56 PM   #18
$tockmarket
Thumbs Must Hurt

So sorry to hear the troubles but so glad folks are finally posting. I was beginning to think my business partner and I just had bad luck when it came to the 7130e.

KEEP POSTING!
KEEP CALLING!
KEEP DEMANDING REPLACEMENTS UNTIL THEY FEEL THE STING IN THEIR POCKETBOOKS!
Old 07-28-2006, 03:33 PM   #19
twoods

Model: 7130g
Carrier: Rogers
Default Can't connect to Plantronics 320

My 7130g can't even find my Plantronics 320. The plantronics worked with my 7100 but doesn't with the 7130g.

What could I be doing wrong??
Old 07-30-2006, 07:05 AM   #20
ferngolf
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520

Same problem with echo here.
Just got replacement unit today and will let you know if echo goes away.
Everyone I talk to, BT or handset hates my phone.
Closed Thread