Old 12-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Jelly Bean
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: torch
Carrier: at&t
Default **problem** screen saver shadows from case magnet

Please Login to Remove!

New Torch from ATT, using the ATT case and ATT protector

Two days after getting phone, I had this round circle shadow impression on the film of the screen protector, thought it was the screen. The case of course being new is tight, but once I took off the protector at ATT, it was revealed that the screen was OK. Tech said they had never seen this before, even kept back the screen protector to show others the shadow created. One tech said to then turn it inside out(facing back of case toward body) in the case with the newly applied screen protector to protect the screen more, another said to do it all over again front side out to see if it happens again with the new screen protector. They did give me a new case, just in case the "case" was defective. Well its happening again. Before I go back into ATT, Id like to trouble shoot this with you all.

What is happening?
Is this typical? This is the first touch screen device for me, and first screen protector ( i took protectors off my last three BB devices.)

The case is: AGF Premium Leather Case ATT for $39.99 G003773R00

The screen protector is: Anti fingerprint, Anti glare full face protection by case mate from ATT 2 for $19.99

thank you, and advisement would be great
Old 12-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
Jelly Bean

Default Re: **problem** screen saver shadows from case magnet

oh, could the phone be running too hot in a too tight case to create this shadow efect of the magnet on the case?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
JimScar

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Perhaps... water-based leather dye slightly staining the protector. The "plastic" protector will be far more porous (microscopically) than the glass face of the capacitive Torch screen. You could try putting a thin layer between the protector and the leather (Saran wrap?). Or getting a new case.

Water-based dyes give leather a much deeper, darker look and are easier and cheaper to use. Any significant moisture, even high humidity, could cause the dye to leach. If the phone or screen is warm, it would increase the possibility.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #4
Jelly Bean

thank you for this input. I took the phone back in to ATT and they went ahead and swaped to a different brand case, and placed another new screen protector on. The dye very well could be what was creating this...hopefully with this other maker, it will be ok now. Thank you
Old 12-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
Sytner
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: S = Ouch
Carrier: Orange UK

Whatever solution they apply to the protector to give it fingerprint protection could also be being faded/marked by the dyes.
9800 / 6.0.0.337
If someone posts something useful, click thanks!
Closed Thread