BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:51 AM   #21
Blackberry_1
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700g
Cool

Please Login to Remove!

Sona Rocks, I just hope they get the Download speed fixed. Its painfully slow right now.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:00 PM   #22
HuwSy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: .
Carrier: Orange

maybe il get a data plan then, well once iv upgraded to a 7130... more pointless gadgety features are always good. lol.

as for pinstack, iv not got a problem other than id like them to upgrade there version of vBulletin, then again id like someone here to set the login session cookies to last longer.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:31 PM   #23
MobileRC

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

they stopped allowing downloads. does anyone have the jar or alx file?
Old 07-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #24
mbrunton
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

pls someone post the downloaded file
Old 07-06-2006, 03:30 PM   #25
nsbalt

Model: 8700C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrunton
pls someone post the downloaded file
Anyone - Anyone - -Bueller - Bueller??
Old 07-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #26
tankee531

PIN: xxxx
Carrier: Singtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by alslsb
But why does A Blackberry (or even a cell phone user) really need this?

to have a favourite clip of your loved ones with you while being away on business trips.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:28 AM   #27
tarq3

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileRC
they stopped allowing downloads. does anyone have the jar or alx file?

Does no one have the files or wanting to post them???
Old 07-12-2006, 11:18 AM   #28
HuwSy

WHen this comes out it has to support flash videos, then i could waste hours every day watching google videos for no reason other than to mms the occasional one or two, or atleast send the link if it wont allow that. lol
Old 07-12-2006, 11:19 AM   #29
HuwSy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarq3
Does no one have the files or wanting to post them???
Oh as for the files, theres a limited number of beta testing spaces so even if you had the files i doubt youd be able to get hold of any video content, and noones going to send them so can people stop asking.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:53 PM   #30
N8DBB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Vodafone

The beta download link has been taken down because the amount of beta testers needed has been filled...The next you will see about this will probably be the official release.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #31
djdanska

Carrier: t-mobile

I have it on my bb but it only lets me download videos from june 29th.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:02 PM   #32
bbsee

Model: 8770g

Does anyone know if this video player is supposed to play all video formats or just videos that play only on RIM?

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #33
HuwSy

The other project of getting video onto a Bb required someone to setup with the bes server a transcode server that would convert any sent video to the appropriate format before passing it on to the Bb.

This service looks as if only specific videos are going to be converted to play, leaving a relativly limited selection but useful for those without redundant servers to spare.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #34
jayshen

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

pls post the link to download this player....thx
Old 08-03-2006, 06:56 AM   #35
DceFrance

Model: 8700f

Why would anyone need this? For the same reason video's been around on PDAs (Palms, PocketPCs, ...) for years.

Right now I'm having to carry around both my Blackberry (8700f) and my Palm in order to meet my parallel needs. Unfortunately not one of them meets the majority of my needs.

Blackberry is an excellent mobile Internet terminal. Palm is pretty awful for this. However I can browse the Internet for free on my Palm using WiFi. With the Blackberry I pay for every megabyte I look at.

On the Palm I have a large collection of photos which I need to carry around professionally. A certain number of my clients are in the horse business, for example, and they need to carry around pictures of horses. I have clients in the art business and they need to carry around pictures of art. I haven't figured out how to easily download images from my computer to my Blackberry. This is seamless and practically unlimited with my Palm.

As I mentioned I have clients in the horse business. I therefore carry around short video clips of certain horse races. These are on my Palm and they look great in landscape on my Palm TX. I also have clients in the dance business and I carry around dance clips for the same reason.

Multimedia on a Blackberry? Why bother? For the same reason we've seen multimedia on handhelds for years. If the Blackberry is going to keep itself limited to the notion of a push Internet terminal, which many of the PDAs are now starting to do as well, then the Blackberry will eventually perish in to extinction.

The big question for me is when do we see an SD card slot in a Blackberry???
Old 08-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #36
kjaslow

Carrier: Telstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DceFrance
Why would anyone need this? For the same reason video's been around on PDAs (Palms, PocketPCs, ...) for years.

Right now I'm having to carry around both my Blackberry (8700f) and my Palm in order to meet my parallel needs. Unfortunately not one of them meets the majority of my needs.
While this is slightly off topic - you should check out jiveslide (jiveslide.com)! Post your pics on Yahoo Photos and then access them through this app on your BB. If that's the only reason you're carrying two devices...forget the Palm!!
Old 08-04-2006, 02:59 AM   #37
jayshen

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjaslow
While this is slightly off topic - you should check out jiveslide (jiveslide.com)! Post your pics on Yahoo Photos and then access them through this app on your BB. If that's the only reason you're carrying two devices...forget the Palm!!
Well said!!! Can't agree more...

Some of us just want to test a few new apps...that's all...not such a big deal...
Old 08-04-2006, 05:24 AM   #38
DceFrance

Model: 8700f

As my message was more than slightly off topic it's logical that we go off on a tangent!

Thanks for the info re:JiveSlide. I'm trying it out now.

Multimedia is not the only reason I still have to carry around my Palm. Although it's a major part.

One of the major differences I've noticed is that PDAs work online and offline while Blackberries appear to do very little offline. Jiveslide is a good example. I use SplashPhoto on my Palm and store hundreds of images on my SD card. These images are available to me offline without connecting to the Internet and without paying to download and see my own images. The same is true for video which would be even more of a data transfer.

Blackberry lets me pick up my e-mails online, work on them offline, and send my replies when I get back online. I like that.

I would just like to be able to do that with all of the other functions.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:41 AM   #39
Berry Pix

Model: 8100
Carrier: Roger$
Lightbulb You might want to try Berry Pix 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DceFrance
One of the major differences I've noticed is that PDAs work online and offline while Blackberries appear to do very little offline. Jiveslide is a good example. I use SplashPhoto on my Palm and store hundreds of images on my SD card. These images are available to me offline without connecting to the Internet and without paying to download and see my own images.
Sounds like our Berry Pix 2.0 product might be of assistance.

You can transfer pictures right from your PC to your Handheld using the BB Desktop Manager interface - works over serial/usb and also bluetooth if supported by your BB Desktop Manager Handheld Combo. Berry Pix has no preset limit on the number of pictures you can use and tries to be very respectful of the BlackBerry's limited resources.

Berry Pix provides a nice grid-style thumbnail browser for rapidly locating the picture you want as well as a slideshow mode with many neat picture transitons.

As a Palm user, you might also appreciate the convenience of having Backup/Restore supported for your Berry Pix pictures and categories which is seamlessly supported via the BB Desktop Manager. Now if you decide to change BlackBerry handhelds or upgrade your OS, you just restore your Berry Pix pictures and categories in just the same way as your messages and calendar etc.

Check out the website below
St. John's, NL
A1C 1S9
Old 08-04-2006, 06:32 AM   #40
lmlloyd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alslsb
But why does A Blackberry (or even a cell phone user) really need this?
Well, I haven't used (or even looked at) this particular software. However, back when I did corporate training, I once saved a Fortune 100 company $7 million dollars in one year by developing a multimedia training package for handheld devices that would replace the handbooks, video tapes, computers, orientation packages, and directories they had been giving every new hire, with a PDA, and some videos and software on it.

So, from a corporate point of view (which is supposedly the focus of the BB) having a media capable device can make a lot of sense. If you are already giving your workforce BBs, why not give them audio files and videos on that BB which can make their job easier and safer?

It is a big misconception that media features are just a consumer item that exists as a gee whiz to sell phones. Big business spends a lot more on media production and multimedia than you might think, and how to deliver that content is always one of the biggest questions.
Closed Thread