BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
mmcpher
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
PIN: 22CD4D6E
Carrier: ATT/Verizon
Default Is there an inbox shortcut for resend?

Please Login to Remove!

My search failed to provide an answer, but is there a shortcut or option to "resend" an email in the Blackberry inbox that failed initially? They would show up in the inbox with the little red x, and for this particular group the option to forward seems to be gone.

What had happened with these emails was that they had somehow picked up some remnants of an outdated service book in the Blackberry Settings, tied to a non-associated email address. So when I opened the failed emails, they appeared to be originating from an address not associated with the Blackberry (they were the prior owner's). I went into Options->Advanced Options->Service Book, located the defunct entries and deleted them, rebooted and the problem has been solved on a going forward basis. But I still have all these dead emails in my inbox and I'd like to resend them if possible.

Its on an 8300, but I figured the problem wasn't specific to that unit.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Unfortunately no, there is no shortcut. You have to select the email, use the Menu key, and manually select "resend". I get these occasionally, usually due to network coverage, and must use the above procedure. A setting for auto-resend would be nice. Have the Blackberry wait 2 minutes (or a period specified by the user) and try again.
Closed Thread