Old 07-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
cjsmailing
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Unlocked and have a SIM card that registers on the t-Mobile network
Default NEED: OS / Service Books for Storm2 9550 unlocked w/out data plan

Please Login to Remove!

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A LINK FOR THE OS ANDTHE SERVICE BOOKS W/OUT HAVING A DATA PLAN?The link is not working to the OS for the Unlocked Storm 2 9550 w/out a data plan. PLEASE HELP!

I have an unlocked BB Storm 2 9550 that has an international SIM that registers w/T-Mobile. I just need to get the phone to send/recieve calls and text, as well as WIFI. It does all this but when I was unlocking it, they had me wipe the phone. I did this via entering the password 10 times incorrectly. Now w/the new SIM the phone works but I can't hear the sound, and some of the buttons don't function anymore. I don't know if I need a new OS & Service Books or just service books, or something else. The phone still registers the old phone number but is unlocked and shows Edge at the top. PLEASE ADVISE WHAT I SHOULD DO and SEND A LINK to where I should download. Give instructions, and the order it should be done. I am not on a data plan, but I saw instructions that showed that it was not necessary, but the link to the OS was no longer working. (ww.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/216084-how-upgrade-bb-out-data-plan.html[/url])
Old 07-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: NEED: OS / Service Books for Storm2 9550 unlocked w/out data plan

You will only have EDGE as the BB does not have T-MO 3G frequencies built in.

You won't be able to get any of the BB services without a BB data plan.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 07-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
cjsmailing

I am not wanting all the services, just to get the phone ringer, buttons to work again. The WIFI works and the phone rings, just not sound. Down loading the OS and Service Books was possible at the site I listed above, but now the link doesn't work any more and I am wondering if someone knows a link.

Also if someone can tell me if it is the operating system I need or the service books or both?
Old 07-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

As far as I know, in order to get the service books from your carrier (T-Mobile) you have to have a BlackBerry data plan. The service books do not come with the OS. They are two separate downloads, and updating your OS can delete your service books. That's no problem if you have the data plan as they can be sent right back to your phone. I have no idea how you'd get them onto your phone otherwise.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Tmobile service books are zipped and downloadable in the link at the top of the Storm forum section for "Unlocked Storm on ATT and Tmobile".
Old 07-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Ya gotta love T-Mobile for the freedom they offer users. Every other major carrier has gotten more and more restrictive with BlackBerrys. T-Mobile lets you use your device any way you want. And their customer service is great too.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
cjsmailing

Thank you both for trying to help me.
Here is the problem with the service books that you mention:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Tmobile service books are zipped and downloadable in the link at the top of the Storm forum section for "Unlocked Storm on ATT and Tmobile".
When the link is opened it states: "You must have THE BlackBerry Data Plan (BIS) on your carrier account" and I don't have a data plan. I am actually not with T-Mobile. It is just the server used for the international sim card that I use (onesimcard.com.) The forum that I list in my original message says that the OS and Service Books can be obtained without a data plan, but the link to the OS is not working, so I am trying to find someone that might have it, or know how to get it. Here is the forum that says it can be done: ww.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/216084-how-upgrade-bb-out-data-plan.html

Here is a question that might help me: How do I know if I need the OS or the Service Books or both to fix my problem with the sound and the buttons failing to work? They worked prior to the wipe and unlock process.

Last edited by cjsmailing; 07-13-2011 at 11:54 AM..
Old 07-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
cjsmailing

As you can see I am very new to all this.

I think I have figured out what I need. The forum I am following asks for the BBSK, but that is the link that is no longer working.
Here is the link that doesn't work: h ttp://rimgeeks.com/download.php?f=BBSAKv1.7_Installer.msi It refers me to rimgeeks.com, for an update, but I have not found anyone there so I am trying here.

Can you help?
Old 07-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #9
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

BBSAK. BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife. Just Google it.

You don't need service books to just use the phone. You can use the BlackBerry as phone to send and receive calls and text messages without a data plan. You may or may not be able to use wifi for non-BlackBerry data, depending.

See blackberryfaq.com for answers to you questions about data and data plans.

Your button problems? Who knows. Sounds like you successfully reinstalled to OS. If not, but if you do have a functioning operating system and after a hard reset (see the FAQ) you still have trouble with buttons and keys, it's time to consider moisture damage or some other harware problem, but likely not software.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by aiharkness; 07-13-2011 at 03:56 PM..
Old 07-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #10
cjsmailing

Thanks all for your help.

In case someone reads this and needs the same help with buttons not working, a hard reboot on the system did the trick.

Afterwards, I also downloaded a new OS, and installed new Service Books because the unlock process had some difficulty and caused phone problems. Thanks to J Sanders for walking me through that process. He put up with a lot!

Thank you to all for helping a newbie get up and running!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #11
JimKash

Carrier: AT&T

I needed help as well because i do have a service paln but still i dont know how to download the service books for my blackberry 2 9550 so any details or help im new to this so im not even sure if this forum is still active!
Closed Thread