Old 11-29-2008, 02:22 AM   #1
dapid

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: telkomsel
Default Need Help Unlocking BB 8830 Verizon WE

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

i'm newbie in blackberry world, and i've just bought BB 8830 Verizon WE from ebay without doing deep googling 1st, then i realize that i got my bb locked with verizon, meanwhile i live in indonesia.

weeks later, i tried to reach verizon CSO (global support), and already made 2 contacts, here's the detail :
1. the 1st one asked my handset ESN Dec number... then tried to generate the unlock number but failed, and questioned me where i got my phone from.. i told him i got it from ebay then he left me alone for a minute then back with a suggestion that i should contact RIM to verified my handset and got my unlocked code, he urged me to write down the RIM contact number.
soon i called RIM, after through many disgusting IVR menus, finally i talked to RIM CSO.. then he told me that the 1st Verizon CSO was lying to me, because there's no way RIM could unlocked verizon 8830 unless the provider itself.
feel bit frustrating... i tried to call the verizon again..
2. talked to the 2nd (verizon global support CSO), she said that in order to get my handset unlocked.. i've to be a verizon customer first.. the point is.. my handset need to be in united states first.. online in verizon network.. then they can unlock it.

reading bunch of comments and experiences on the web from other user on unlocking 8830 verizon WE, i'm distrated on how to unlocked mine... and is it really true that i must visit U.S just to get my handset unlocked?

please.. any comments and suggestion are welcome...

p.s. sorry, my words may be difficult to understand since i'm not good in english..
Old 11-29-2008, 08:37 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Check with Horizon Wireless HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center or GSM phonesource GSM PhoneSource - When Only The Best Will Do. Not free however.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:16 AM   #3
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

I'm sorry to say this, even myself, horizon, and GSM phone source have extremely hard times getting verizon unlock codes. Out of the many I have processed very few come back with a positive result. Honestly don't hold your breath on getting one.

On that note, feel free to try and get it, if not, get back on ebay and sell it to someone in the US again. Then go out and find yourself a 8800 or 8820 (I'm selling one) and then those can be unlocked without issue and be used on your networks.

Hope this is somewhat helpful
Old 11-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #4
dapid

thx for the suggestions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
I'm sorry to say this, even myself, horizon, and GSM phone source have extremely hard times getting verizon unlock codes. Out of the many I have processed very few come back with a positive result. Honestly don't hold your breath on getting one.

On that note, feel free to try and get it, if not, get back on ebay and sell it to someone in the US again. Then go out and find yourself a 8800 or 8820 (I'm selling one) and then those can be unlocked without issue and be used on your networks.

Hope this is somewhat helpful
if i dont get it wrong.. u mentioned that there's a little hope to get my handset unlocked via your service.
can i try it for free, i mean at least i'll get the refund once it fails ?
Old 12-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #5
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

yeah, most unlockers will charge up front, and then if its not found, a refund (full) will be given...
Old 12-02-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
vdl68

Model: 8820
Carrier: T-Mobile

This sound like a scam to me. First you say you don't speak good English, then next you want to unlock your phone for free. If you did not speak good English, then you would have make a lot of spelling mistake and bad grammar.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:54 AM   #7
dapid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdl68 View Post
This sound like a scam to me. First you say you don't speak good English, then next you want to unlock your phone for free. If you did not speak good English, then you would have make a lot of spelling mistake and bad grammar.
wow.. how rude you are..
english is not my mother tongue and i live in indonesia, it's normal if i said like that.. i was trying to be polite just in case i've typed unusual english idioms/word or something like that.

i know anybody has the right to say their opinion here.. but you've said something terrible about me..

to make it clear, i'm not trying to cheat on anybody here.. i've good reputation on ebay and paypal, all my stuffs bought from ebay has been paid soon i've been declared as winner and all of them over $250 each..

if u're still not satisfied.. u can check my credit card on mastercard.. then u'll regret your words
Old 12-03-2008, 02:01 AM   #8
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
Nice first post... NOT.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:02 AM   #9
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
This is how you make your first post debut? Word to the wise....make your subsequent posts much better than this one.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #10
dmitchell4

Model: 8830
Carrier: AT&T

gsmphonesource.com will NOT give you a refund if you order an unlock code for a verizon 8830. they say right there on their site that they can not unlock these phones. they will only give you a credit toward another service they offer.
Closed Thread