Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
Daethian
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 2411D42E
Carrier: AT&T
Default Upgraded OS - no Sync to Outlook 2007, app updates looping

Please Login to Remove!

I upgraded to the latest OS couple weeks ago. I reformatted my media card yesterday.

I am for the first time attempting to sync my BB with my work copy of Outlook 2007 and it keeps erroring out. We do not use BB enterprise at work, this is my personal phone and I just want to sync my calendar and tasks to my phone. (When I try pushing my work emails to my phone it resends the original email if i reply to an email. I can't figure out how to turn that off and it's annoying so I just stopped pushing emails to my phone.) ANYWAY I'm getting distracted .... question on this part is: is there a reason that it won't sync with my calendar or is it something I've done wrong?

When I connect my BB to my laptop and the sync launches I get the message: "No application configured for sync"
When I use the DM to enter the setup for sync, I get into sync options and direction of sync then I click Next and get the error message: "The Operation terminated unexpectedly"

When I connect to the Desktop Manager it tells me that updates are available for my applications. I proceed through install but they keep coming up every time I connect my BB.

I have version 4.6 of Desktop Manager.

Last edited by Daethian; 09-04-2008 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Hourglassing & MMS seems to be working again after reformat :)
Old 09-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

1. On your email issue, is it a GMail account? There is a fix for the duplicate sent emails.

2. I know there are some issues with Office 2007 documents but not sure if sync with Outlook is also an issue. I'll let someone who uses 2007 chime in.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
Daethian
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 2411D42E

No it's not Gmail, I sorted that out. This is my work email that is exchange server hosted.
Closed Thread