Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 04:55 PM   #81
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x14
Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68
Well, F...iddle.

I created the software config exactly as described and assigned it my BB and it still does not appear under Options.
Did you give it 4 hours?
I have waited 2 DAYS.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #82
SoUnCool
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

only thing that is reliable is sending user email with link to DST site and download patch from device itself, we are using both internet browser and MDS browser no problems at all
Old 02-14-2007, 05:05 PM   #83
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoUnCool
only thing that is reliable is sending user email with link to DST site and download patch from device itself, we are using both internet browser and MDS browser no problems at all
Relying on the users to do this is unreliable in terms of getting it done. You assume the users are actually going to do it.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:08 PM   #84
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by x14
Relying on the users to do this is unreliable in terms of getting it done. You assume the users are actually going to do it.
But relying on a patch management system that's reporting a vast number of false-positives is also unreliable, at this point. Oh, and relying on support from RIM when it appears that their technicians have not even been updated or trained on the patch is also a rather large gaping hole for RIM.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #85
jibi
BlackBerry God

Can someone make a software delivery policy for the DST Patch and set to Disallow (to remove it) and see if the damn thing will remove? Honestly, if this is another application they've released that cannot be removed from the device... ARGH!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:13 PM   #86
|||||||
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
Can someone make a software delivery policy for the DST Patch and set to Disallow (to remove it) and see if the damn thing will remove? Honestly, if this is another application they've released that cannot be removed from the device... ARGH!

Why would you want to remove it?
Old 02-14-2007, 06:30 PM   #87
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||
Why would you want to remove it?
Because the users who are reporting an error through DST2007Query (and showing not upgraded in the DST2007Query Log) but show up as installed in the '2007 DST Patch' option on the device have no means of running the patch update. Even a manual installation/re-installation does not result in an 'Applied' and 'Upgraded' status in DST2007Query. I'm just looking for a way to reinstall the application and it retrying the update. Unfortunately, we're in a limbo state right now where no one, not even RIM, can seem to figure out whether or not the patch is installed or not. Uninstalling the Patcher, enabling MDS for that user, and pushing the application back out will result in a successful patch (per tests with the DST Query), but I don't want to have to interact with my users to remove the application in order to proceed with the re-push.

Something is REALLY wrong with the patcher, or the DST Query Tool, or both. No one seems to have a straight answer as to where the fault resides, though.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:12 PM   #88
Pking

Carrier: Cellular One

We're getting ready to test the DST patch push on our BES, but then I realized, our Exchange 2000 server won't have the DST patch on it until later this month.

Think its ok to try the BES push to all the devices before we have our exchange server patched?

Or would that bork things up?

Thanks for any input.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #89
Pking

Carrier: Cellular One

Oops...nevermind..i just ran across the document that has the order.

Updating a Microsoft Exchange environment
Complete the tasks in the following order:

1. Update each Microsoft Windows Server® that is running Microsoft Exchange or the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
2. Update the Microsoft Windows® clients.
3. Update BlackBerry devices.
4. Run the RIM Set Send As Permission tool.
5. Apply the most recent Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and the Microsoft Exchange Server.
6. Run a Microsoft calendar update tool (optional).
Old 02-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #90
elgauchogrub
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Where did you see that? I was looking on the exchange page earlier and it says:
"You do not have to simultaneously apply the updates and patches to BlackBerry® devices and the Microsoft® Exchange server, but all patches should be rolled out before the transition date"
Old 02-14-2007, 07:38 PM   #91
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
But relying on a patch management system that's reporting a vast number of false-positives is also unreliable, at this point. Oh, and relying on support from RIM when it appears that their technicians have not even been updated or trained on the patch is also a rather large gaping hole for RIM.
Exactly. I think I'm going to wind up sending the URL out to all my users. Will they ALL install it? Probably not.....but if I can't get the software config to work, I don't have much of a choice. I'll get as many as I can with the OTA download.

Anyone want to hazzard a guess on what would happen if a user does an OTA download of the patch on or after March 11th? Should I assume it will fix their calendar issue?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #92
JRV
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon

As much fun as this DST patch is turning out to be, one can only imagine how much fun the fabled "workaround" for the patent suit would have been!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #93
Snyder81
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Is it possible to set the default browser to "Internet Browser" through IT Policy or does this have to be done at the individual handheld browser option? We don't currently run MDS so I'd like to be able to force "Internet Browser" as the default and then start testing the patch.

I'd also like to know if someone has the link to where we can download specific .cod and .alx files for EACH VERSION of software. I only have 5 or 6 versions in total so it would be easy to group users by software version and wireless push the .alx and .cod files instead of using this ridiculous "smart" tool with the MDS requirements. :(
Old 02-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #94
virusboy286
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Question T-Mobiles os

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRWJumper
All of the 8100s (Cingular only) in our system have o/s versions that don't need the update.
Are the TMobile and other ones using an older o/s?
The 8100 (Pearl) from T-Mobile uses the 4.2 version. And can anyone tell me why no one is having trouble who isn't BES?

T-Mobile
8700g
Old 02-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #95
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder81
Is it possible to set the default browser to "Internet Browser" through IT Policy or does this have to be done at the individual handheld browser option? We don't currently run MDS so I'd like to be able to force "Internet Browser" as the default and then start testing the patch.
It appears that the policy for 'Default Browser Config UID' is what sets the default browser to use...but I can't figure out what value to set it to to force the internet vs. MDS browser.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #96
virusboy286
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default browser changing

Quote:
It appears that the policy for 'Default Browser Config UID' is what sets the default browser to use...but I can't figure out what value to set it to to force the internet vs. MDS browser.
Why not change the internet browser settings in the advanced options? Or have you tried that and it didn't work?

T-Mobile
8700g
Old 02-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #97
BB1877
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon
Default New BlackBerries

How long before fresh units will come with the patch loaded do you think?
Old 02-14-2007, 08:45 PM   #98
virusboy286
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default patch

Wouldn't the patch come out with hardware that needs upgrading?
Like for those like me who have 284 and want 347, would the companies instead come out with the patch with that same software?

T-Mobile
8700g
Old 02-14-2007, 08:54 PM   #99
|||||||
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:

Heads up, if you've used the browser before then that IT policy is only a "suggestion"
Old 02-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #100
|||||||
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1877
How long before fresh units will come with the patch loaded do you think?
They already are, there is list on the site of Handhelds that have the new tables and all 4.2 handhelds will sync with the BES.
Closed Thread