tommyticketguy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by option94 View Post
I just deleted the account from BIS, resent service books, and the readded the account. We'll see what happens.

VZW had me do that yesterday and nothing has changed.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #82
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by option94 View Post
Well, yesterday I reported no problems. Today, I have started to get the delays, and sometimes i get messages twice. I resent the service books, and it downloaded every email I got since i created the account. Its a new account, so there were only about 300 emails, but it shouldn't do that at all.
wow... your account looks all wacked out...
hopefully you get better results with your current attempt
Old 04-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #83
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajkohn2001 View Post
Has anyone tried calling the Blackberry number on the customer ticket?

I'm not sure they're inundated yet because it's freaking hard to figure out who to talk to in the first place. I suspect they're just now understanding that there's a problem and likely are trying to replicate the problem themselves so they can fix it. (I PRAY this is what they're doing.)

You're right, call the BB # on the ticket is probably the best option... havent tried it yet, I probably should... but not sure if the lines are open at this time?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #84
melodious

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT
Default Called RIM

I called RIM with the phone number on the bottom of the email and they are now forwarding me to ATT because otherwise I will have to pay for the technical support. They said they do not have other reports of this issue. The person on the phone said he has Yahoo and it's working just fine. Everyone needs to call. And they need to call the right number of their wireless provider to hopefully get the issue escalated to RIM - which is what they are supposed to do if they cannot resolve the issue.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr this is SO FRUSTRATING!!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #85
tommyticketguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodious View Post
I called RIM with the phone number on the bottom of the email and they are now forwarding me to ATT because otherwise I will have to pay for the technical support. They said they do not have other reports of this issue. The person on the phone said he has Yahoo and it's working just fine. Everyone needs to call. And they need to call the right number of their wireless provider to hopefully get the issue escalated to RIM - which is what they are supposed to do if they cannot resolve the issue.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr this is SO FRUSTRATING!!!!
One more reason to worry. RIM employee's Yahoo works so there must not be a problem.

HA HA HA
Old 04-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #86
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

It is hard to say that everyone is having issues with Yahoo and BIS. If so, I'd expect all the BB forums to be ranting all over the place on this issue. That being said (and to keep repeating myself), there is a problem and I am glad to see more people posting stating that there is a problem and it is not just me.

As Tommy said, if RIM did change their practices with Yahoo (specifically) this "should have" been communicated to the users one way or another. If you look over their support site (like I have over the past few days) they have stated on numerous pages the following (in various flavors):

Quote:
The BlackBerry Internet Service 2.x has been enhanced to include immediate reconciliation of read and unread email message status and deleted email messages, as well as immediate email message delivery. Yahoo!® Mail sends notifications to the BlackBerry Internet Service when messages on the Yahoo! messaging server are marked as read or unread, and when messages are deleted.
So this tells me that there is a problem. It may not affect everyone...but it is affecting more than just an handful of people...maybe it's a cluster of BIS servers we (and others) use at RIM's data center. Someone could have easily made a mistake or something broke after this past weekend's maintenance.

Going back to your provider is not going to help matters because IMO they know no more than we do at this point, especially since all other features on my phone are working as they should. What gives then??
Old 04-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #87
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyticketguy View Post
One more reason to worry. RIM employee's Yahoo works so there must not be a problem.

HA HA HA
Yeah exactly.... someone posted here last night that their yahoo wasnt working whereas is wife's was...

Not too many are posting saying that their yahoo works fine.... seems like many are encountering the problems. plus... you need to consider that how many BB users actually post in forums? the average guy/gal with a BB isnt on here... and maybe doesnt even realize that his emails are coming in late... you know, all he knows is that he's getting his emails on his BB.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #88
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL_Gator View Post
Yeah exactly.... someone posted here last night that their yahoo wasnt working whereas is wife's was...
Exactly...proving my server cluster theory.

Quote:
Not too many are posting saying that their yahoo works fine.... seems like many are encountering the problems. plus... you need to consider that how many BB users actually post in forums? the average guy/gal with a BB isnt on here... and maybe doesnt even realize that his emails are coming in late... you know, all he knows is that he's getting his emails on his BB.
Yep...I am engaged to one...and related to many of these users.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #89
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wait a minute...something just happened. I am seeing things working properly right now!
Old 04-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #90
melodious

I still say you have to go through your service provider because they are the only ones who can escalate this to RIM. I'm on hold with ATT now. They concede that they're aware of a problem and said casually that there must be some problem with Yahoo. She wants me to go through all of these crazy troubleshooting tips everyone else has already done. I honestly don't know what she's doing now. I've been on hold for several minutes.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #91
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVR6 View Post
Wait a minute...something just happened. I am seeing things working properly right now!
WOW, SAME HERE!!!! im getting all the thread notifications right away!
Old 04-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #92
melodious

I was on hold for 15 minutes, finally got connected with a RIM person who told me that I should expect a 15 minute delay and that I can only expect instant push if I have enterprises server. As I was in mid-question, the call disconnected. They have not called back. There was no explanation of why the sync is not working. But of course I don't know how to go about getting RIM back on the phone.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #93
melodious

ME TOO!!! What gives? Also, strangely, I got an email from Blackberry that said my handheld has been registered with the wireless network. What does that mean? Also, it's like it started to work at the very moment my call was suddenly disconnected. Very strange.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #94
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

heh. My phone went offline, I thought that was because I was in the basement. I guess not. They must have reset something. Perhaps our emails worked??? Let's see if it lasts thoough.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #95
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Good job boys! Now all we need is for this to last... just like it was before the weekend!

Finally, I can sleep in peace tonight!
Old 04-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #96
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodious View Post
ME TOO!!! What gives? Also, strangely, I got an email from Blackberry that said my handheld has been registered with the wireless network. What does that mean? Also, it's like it started to work at the very moment my call was suddenly disconnected. Very strange.
were you calling from your BB when you got disconnected?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #97
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVR6 View Post
heh. My phone went offline, I thought that was because I was in the basement. I guess not. They must have reset something. Perhaps our emails worked??? Let's see if it lasts thoough.
are you talking about your BB going offline?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #98
melodious

Quote:
were you calling from your BB when you got disconnected?
Yes, it's my only phone.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #99
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
are you talking about your BB going offline?
Yes...I had the BB in my pocket and was going thru my brewing equipment in the basement. Took it out when I got back upstairs and I had no connection to AT&T...came back online and I had an email from BBF which immediately updated on the BB when I clicked it in my inbox.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #100
tommyticketguy

Email push still not working here.
Closed Thread