Old 02-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #61
starsrblind
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 24269de2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

The invishield screen protector covers the part in blue:

What does the Best Skins Ever and Patron shield cover? Just the screen or beyond?
Old 02-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #62
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Here is the coverage area for the ScreenPatronus:

Here is the coverage area for the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard:

Last edited by Shaun; 02-03-2008 at 03:43 PM..
Old 02-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #63
starsrblind
Thumbs Must Hurt

Perfect that is what I needed to know! Thank you
Old 02-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #64
mcracco
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Using fluid to afix a label is nothing new; years ago we used diluted Windex to slow the tack on (large) nameplates and such on chassis for electronic assemblies.

It really isn't a problem on these things. I have done quite a few and you just go slow and as I squeege the fluid out I wick it up with a paper towel.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #65
Nate552

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypirate View Post
I have best skins installed on my phone, families phones, and friends phones. I highly recommend them, but also send a word of caution. DO NOT USE THE BEST SKINS WITH A CASE THAT HAS FAKE LEATHER!!! The dye used in the leather gets absorbed into the skin making the screen hard to read and looking rather distressed.
Yep, I have the BSE on my Curve, use the OEM leather pouch, and the screen looks awful now. People look at my Curve , gasp, and exclaim, "What happened to your screen? Did you drop it?" Very disappointed in this side effect of using the OEM leather pouch. I gave my extra skin to my brother so I guess it's back to the drawing board. Other than that it was OK, I could see some linear distortion across the screen even when it was pristine.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #66
quillhill
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun27612 View Post
Any chance you could give more detail on what you found to be preferable in the Invisible Shield product?
Invisible Shield only comes off when you want it to. I had problems with Screen Patronus protectors getting caught by the edge on my pockets as I pulled the BB out ... I went through three in a month. I was quite unhappy.

So, the edge of the screen protector wouldn't stay flat after that and after a week or so I'd either get so annoyed with this imperfection and put on a new one or the screen protector came off on its own.

Were this pattern to continue I would have been spending $10.50 a month on screen protectors and considering my high level of OCD and high tolerance for throwing money at accessories for my phones I determined it was in my bank account's best interest to invest in an Invisible Shield once and for all. I am much happier and at peace.

Like I said, I'm not normal, so YMMV.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #67
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

That makes sense quillhill. I think I avoid the issue, unintentionally, by using a Seidio Case, so the plastic from the case, overlaps the edges of the screen protector.

It sounds like a naked BB should have its screen protected by an adhesive backed screen protector.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #68
bbckm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile

I've had Invisible Shield on by 7290 for 2 years, with no peeling, and very minimal dust in 2 of the corners (barely noticeable). In looking at the Curve screen (mine should be here by Friday, woooo!), I wasn't sure if the invisible shield had any peeling issues, since the screen isn't recessed like the 7290.

I appreciate the coverage diagrams posted above, they answered one of my questions! It seems as if people haven't been having any problems with peeling, either...?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #69
paverdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcracco View Post
A screen protector is only about .010" thick and does not extend the outer dimensions of the case. Even the full case shield would only increase it by .020". It will fit any holster/case you already have.

BTW, the invisibleSHIELD | iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield link still works. Although they say they had a "system error" and the order I placed the other day was deleted. Just re-entered it and the half off prices were still there.

I just ordered, & still got the 1/2 price deal.....on 1 body kit for my 8310 & ... 2 lcd covers for for each of my kids 8100's..!!
Thanks for the link!!!

Last edited by paverdaddy; 02-06-2008 at 02:08 PM..
Old 02-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #70
quillhill
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun27612 View Post
That makes sense quillhill. I think I avoid the issue, unintentionally, by using a Seidio Case, so the plastic from the case, overlaps the edges of the screen protector.

It sounds like a naked BB should have its screen protected by an adhesive backed screen protector.
Oh, now I'm trying to remember if I had a case on the 7130c I used ScreenPatronus on when I was using that brand ... damn you and making me doubt my memory! It's been many months since the last time I used it. At least eight months since this was on my 7130c.

I have used a Seidio hybrid case since July on the Curves that I've had (yes, I've had three, long story) -- most of the time. I honestly hadn't even thought about the fact that the hybrid case covers the edges of the screen protector. This is a good point. If you get ScreenPatronus, put on a hybrid or clear plastic case from Seidio, you should be OK.

I switch around ... as mentioned before I'm a bit neurotic and am always in search of the perfect case so I also have a leather case and an OEM silicone skin. Plus I don't use my BB all the time ... I also have this little phone addiction issue which is another issue.

Like I said, I'm a little unusual, and for normal folks the ScreenPatronus is a great product. Just not for me.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #71
Prototype

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
I prefer Bodyguardz ... you get 2 sets PLUS 3 screen protectors for the same price as Invisble Shield plus their delivery is great and customer service exemplary (emailed them on New Years day and got a response same day.

That being said, Invisible Shield has a CES 50% off special. All you have to do is follow this link invisibleSHIELD | iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield and all items are 50% off. When you follow the link you will be re-directed to the homepage "http://www.shieldzone.com/" but don't worry, it worked... all items in the store are HALF OFF !!! (BB 83xx reg $25 for $12.50 w/free shipping)

Estimated Expiration Date: 1/17/08 ... so hurry...

P.S. Their shipping/delivery is HORRIBLE .... 2-3 weeks sometimes but for 50% off it's worth it.
LINK still works!

I ordered screen protectors for my girlfriend's 8300, my personal and work 8310.

I even went ahead and purchased them for my Nikon D50 and Canon SD870.

Thanks for the link!
Old 02-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #72
vivithemage
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile US

Quote:
Originally Posted by yparlor View Post
I would highly recommend checked out an invisible shield at invisibleSHIELD | iPod Case, Screen Protector, Cover, Shield, Skin, Invisible Shield. I had a full case cover for my Pearl and have now put the screen protector on my Curve. This stuff really is bullet-proof and it has a LIFETIME GUARANTEE. If it does get a nick on the cover, you can send it back and have them replace it.

I wouldn't recommend the whole body as it is prone to getting dust under the small pieces and can be difficult to get on there perfectly, but the screen protector is a must have.

Also, pay for shipping, Free shipping is available but it will take 2 weeks to get to you.
I got this for my ZUNE and love it, picked one up for my curve as well, works GREAT.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #73
jasonsteel

I purchased the full body skin Invisible Shield for my personal Curve 8320, and it works perfectly. The corners stay down, it prevent scratches from getting onto the BB and it was easy to install.

Work gave me a Curve 8310, and I purchased a second full body skin for the work device as well. I gave a demo to 3 co-workers by taking my sharpest cut key and jamming it across the screen (with the shield on). All 3 have ordered an Invisible Shield for their Blackberrys.

Some people have asked about removal of the skin, and I can provide my own experience for comparison.

On my personal phone, the 8320, I didn't like where I placed the screen piece, so I just peeled the plastic off and reseated it. But before reapplying the plastic, I felt the screen and there was no residue.

Also, I put the second skin onto my work phone two days ago. While installing it, I accidentally dropped the screen piece -- sticky side down -- onto the paper towel I was using. When I pulled the skin off of the towel, pieces of the towel were stuck to the plastic.

I thought I ruined it, but I rinsed the skin (both sides) under some water to get the paper town clumps off. After that, I sprayed on the solution and put on the shield as if I never dropped it. Today, the skin sticks perfectly to the device, even the corners.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #74
starsrblind
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just got my BestSkinEver full body protector in the mail and applied it and it's quite nice. Supper fast shipping too. I had an invisishield on and needed a new one because there was so much gunk that collected in the corners of the screen. I have always used invishields on everything but decided to switch since shipping was so slow last time and the BestSkins were so cheap. They're pretty much the same things too I think. The BSE screen protecter covers different areas than the invishield, that I think will allow for less noticeble dust collections.

I also just ordered the Seidio screen protector along with the new charging cradle, but I got a call today that the protectors were out of stock.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:25 AM   #75
PARAZZI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Fido

by reading this thread i am really pursuade on getting either the invisible shield or best skins. from what i read, really seems like is personal preference. but i think the best skins is a bit cheaper and faster shipping than invisible shield. i am thinking to get a full body on my 8320...any suggestions either best skins or invisible shield? which one is a bit easier to apply and does not leave any residue?
Old 02-10-2008, 02:30 AM   #76
toastedLucky

I am looking for something that offers full protection for my baby 8310 and I would like to know.. just how complete are these full body covers? Do they cover all coverable surfaces? I know that invisibleSHIELD partly covers the black parts on the side, which makes me wonder, why not fully cover them?
Old 02-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #77
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsrblind View Post
The invishield screen protector covers the part in blue:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...BLKBR8300S.jpg
The fact that the Invisible Shield screen protector has the little "horns" at the bottom of the film, helps to line up the film perfectly. That's great news for fumblefingers like me. Also, I really like the fact, that the top of the film ends right underneath the earpiece speaker instead of continuing up to the very top of the phone a la BSE...which appeared to be a great way of snagging it on a pocket or case, and becoming a lint-magnet.

I have had the Invisible Shield film on my Curve for nearly three months now...and once again, I'm sold. It's well worth the extra money for the fit, finish and overal quality.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #78
toastedLucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
The fact that the Invisible Shield screen protector has the little "horns" at the bottom of the film, helps to line up the film perfectly. That's great news for fumblefingers like me. Also, I really like the fact, that the top of the film ends right underneath the earpiece speaker instead of continuing up to the very top of the phone a la BSE...which appeared to be a great way of snagging it on a pocket or case, and becoming a lint-magnet.

I have had the Invisible Shield film on my Curve for nearly three months now...and once again, I'm sold. It's well worth the extra money for the fit, finish and overal quality.
I listened and got the invisible shield.... and I love it! Thanks.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #79
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
Best Skins Ever is also very very good, same as Invisible Shield and a quarter of the price.

Oh and they don't take forever to get them.
Still twice the price -- at least for a while:
50% OFF Shieldzone.com (Invisible Shield Protective Skins)

...and they're currently not taking forever. Received mine in just a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOut View Post
I got the full body version and to tell you the truth, it's not really full body. It leaves quite a bit exposed to nicks and scratches. The pieces were also smaller than it should be. Slightly disappointed but the material sticks well and I'd say it's better than most products out there. Not quite the OCD product.
I am a bit disappointed in the Curve full body kit but their other full body kits have been very good (at least the iPod, 8700 and 8800 kits) at providing full coverage.

Last edited by takeshi; 02-14-2008 at 08:48 PM..
Old 02-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #80
starsrblind
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
Make that twice the price -- at least for a while:
50% OFF Shieldzone.com (Invisible Shield Protective Skins)

...and they're currently not taking forever. Received mine in just a few days.
WOW nice find! Take advantage of this one!!!
Closed Thread