BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:22 PM   #21
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

^ Sorry, I really don't have time to make separate builds of the theme with a bunch of different backgrounds. Can you just set that as your wallpaper? The next version that I'll release shortly replaces the fish background on the lock and phone call screens with a Mac OS X-style metal grille look.

Almost done with the Zen theme, guys! Just a little more bugfixing to do. Having to make those Zen icons so tiny is annoying.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:25 PM   #22
BluePolaski

Carrier: T-Mobile

Actually its cool. That is what I did is set a black background. I did find a bug though. If you have Google Maps the menu does not stay on when menu button pushed. It simply flashes and goes away. I tried this with other themes and it is ok. I even tried unistall and re install while using the bphone theme. Other than that it is the best one I have seen.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #23
mrogers

I noticed that too, it's a damned odd bug. I'm not sure what's causing it. I need to do some experimentation I guess.

Also, I want to post here some of the things I keep getting messages about:

- There have been a lot of requests for a bigger top banner with bigger time display and the date underneath it, like the iPhone. I initially didn't do this because it is impossible to actually set the date and time text to center (they are left-aligned in their respective boxes), but for the next version I have arranged them like that and eyeballed it, hopefully making it look centered most of the time.
- No, I will not hide the carrier name. I don't even think I can; as far as I know, items cannot be added or removed from the banner area, only moved around.
- Buttons: although more glass-like buttons would be cool, the way the theme editor works with repeating backgrounds for dynamically sizing the buttons leaves you extremely limited. I will try to dress up the buttons a little bit more, but not a lot can be done.

Look for a new version soon, along with a Zen release. If you're having trouble downloading it from my site, please describe exactly what the problem is, what browser you're using, and if you have a popup blocker enabled. Thank you.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:00 PM   #24
Spike41615
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 241BD9F4
Carrier: tmo
Default Buttons

Mrogers

I've found on my berry and Themebuilder that if I set the left edge of the one on the time and align it between the a and c on the blackberry logo on the phone it is really close to centered for the 3 digit times of the day. Also. I thought the same about the carrier until someone told me how to do it. All you do is make the font size for the carrier or whatever it is you want to make *disappear* and set it to 1 and use the eye dropper to set the color of the don't to whatever the color of the background you want to place it and poof. You won't see it. And last but not least I have some glass buttons that would look amazing with your theme that I currently use on my own and they look really good. Just like the answer and ignore buttons on the iPhone except a little more squared. Let me know if you want to use them.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #25
Spike41615
Thumbs Must Hurt

Another suggestion is make the menu the same as the dialog box except with a deep deep grey cursor
Old 09-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #26
Spike41615
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Menu

Another suggestion would be to make the menu the same as the dialog box except with a deep deep grey cursor. Almost black
Old 09-13-2007, 01:07 AM   #27
ikasen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

Sorry to be another "requester", but........
any chance of a today style for the Curve??
Old 09-13-2007, 02:07 AM   #28
muck

Model: 9000
Carrier: optus

getting excited!
hopefully my curve will also get some loving also *hint*
Old 09-13-2007, 05:49 AM   #29
mrogers

Man the broken javascript and HTML in this forum is annoying. Multi-quote doesn't work, the quick reply display is broken, the edit return render is broken...

We'll do this the old fashioned way.

@teamjordan23:
Thanks for the tip about Google. I'll see what I can find out.

@spike:
I'd appreciate the buttons and the margin settings you use in your theme just to see how they look. I bet they look cool, but the thing is I don't want green and red buttons everywhere...that's really bad from a usability perspective, because you're often presented with choices that aren't analogous to "yes" and "no", or "stop" and "go", as red and green are often used for in user interfaces. It wouldn't really make sense to have red and green buttons every time the user sees a button, and unfortunately you cannot localize the button styles, as I'm sure you know. I'm a user interface designer by profession, so I do want to keep the theme adhering to HCI principles.

@ikasen/@muck:
After the Pearl Zen theme is done (it's 95% of the way there), I'll do a Curve Icon/Zen. I probably will only get to the Today themes after the Curve and Pearl Icon and Zen themes are totally finished.

Anyone:
I'm having a strange problem in the Zen theme. When I go to the full application screen by clicking the bottom tab on the home screen, the top 2 pixels or so of what used to be the top icon on the home screen remain "stuck" in place on the application screen. Does that make any sense? It's definitely some sort of visual glitch, I'm just not sure what's causing it. I think it may be the banner causing problems again, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone has experienced this before.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:15 AM   #30
BCollins521
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: Ask...

Yea, the Zen problem you are having is cause of the banner, you need to make the banner alittle smaller or bigger, I can't remember which I had problems with this to on some of the themes that I made as well...
Old 09-13-2007, 06:54 AM   #31
Spike41615
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Banner

Also forgot to mention that I have a couple slightly different looking banners. They are all very iPhoneish. Email me if you want them.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:38 AM   #32
muck

Model: 9000
Carrier: optus

your the man mrogers :D thank you for your effort :D
Old 09-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #33
JRSCCivic98
No longer Registered.

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: *

Can you please port this out for an 8830 (export as 8800 series with OS 4.2.2 when you export) please.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #34
[IFC]Area51

Model: 9650
PIN: GU!!!
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
I created this to get myself reacquainted with Plazmic after a long absence. I know there are a lot of iPhone themes out there, and I don't know if mine is any better, but I thought I'd whip one up. Except for 7 or 8 icons directly from the iPhone, I created all the indicators, home screen icons, and buttons from scratch.

Desktop and OTA download links are here: RogersMJ.com: bPhone

Currently, it is only available for the 8100 Pearl, OS versions 4.2 and later. I may expand to other devices if there's enough interest. I hope you enjoy it.

http://rogersmj.com/images/bPhone_promo2.jpg
The only problem/bug im having with this theme is that the top portion of a menu window whn i open JiveTalk is cut out. I think it has to do with the transparency of the menu window you used. Other then that awesome theme but if you can correct that then it's great.

P.S. What's up spike, still using the theme you gave me, lol.
8100|8300|8310|8320|8900|9000|9700|9650
Old 09-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #35
illmatic0713

I downloaded the theme to my pearl but I cannot get it to work. Could some one assist me please, it would be appreciated. It is in my apps but not in my themes options. Thanks once again
Old 09-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #36
BCollins521
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: Ask...

^^ You try and reset your Pearl to see if it will show up?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:43 PM   #37
Van Gogh

Model: 7290
Carrier: Cingular

Okay, I'm feeling really stupid. I can't get this to download from the site through either the desktop or OTA links. In my browser (IE6), they both go to the same link, which just reloads the page. Am I missing something? I've tried turning the popup blocker off, disabled anitvirus and firewall, still with the same results.

Can someone post a direct link to either the desktop or OTA download?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #38
queen

Model: 7130e
Carrier: sprint

you should make one for the 7100 series
Old 09-13-2007, 01:15 PM   #39
Spike41615
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by [IFC]Area51 View Post
.S. What's up spike, still using the theme you gave me, lol.

lol whats up area 51.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:47 PM   #40
tony158828

Model: 8830
PIN: 3186AC4A
Carrier: Sprint

I love the theme very clean and smooth, would like to see a version for the Sprint 8703e. I know Sprint is still currently in 4.1, I dont know if you can make this work.

Would Highly Appreciated
Closed Thread