BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #21
kaos
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100v

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
That it locks the keypad after x minutes?
Yeah, I don't use the holster, and I forget to lock the keypad. It would be nice to have a keylock without leaving PD. Even just a manual keylock in PD will be nice.

"Act only according to that maxim by which you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law." - Immanuel Kant
Old 04-25-2005, 05:59 PM   #22
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

I am just a few days into the 30 trial for PocketDay 1.7 and am also running the free BBToday 1.5. While the updates for weather and stocks work much better on PocketDay than on BBToday ("unknown DNS address" etc) the stock information on the PocketDay is inferior to that on the free BBToday.
On BBToday the stocks or stock market indixes are listed one below the other and in addition to giving the price, also indicate how much they are up on the day in absolute numbers and percentage. With PocketDay the stocks are listed one after number and there is no indication as to how much they are up or down on the day. When I list the Toronto Stock Exchange (^GSPTSE) the result is pushed into the next stock symbol so that I cannot read the complete result for the TSE.
Also one small point on the weather applet. In BBToday, one can lookup the code for the city directly within the weather applet. This is a plus for non US locations.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:21 PM   #23
RSouthern

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Default V2 feature question

Mark,

Will there be an option to show # of missed calls in the last day (or a configurable period?). The 1,7 release shows a missed call bar in the summary view, but it's a total missed calls from my call log, which I don't clear since I use many of the numbers frequently so it's sort of my quick dial list. However I really don't need to know about a call from a few weeks ago that I missed.

I's also like to be able to select to go to a today view or a week view from the appointments summary bar (2 icons embedded in the bar) since sometimes I need to see more detail on the day and at other times I need to know the week, and I don't like having to go to the calendar then change the view.

and as a final question, a previous poster in a different thread asked about disabling polling for stock market changes after trading hours, I think this is a great idea, there are generally no changes until the next morning. However I'd like to see it show the closing price, opening price (or at least a +/- change) and to also show an after hours change too since it can impact the next day's trades.

-Richard
Old 04-26-2005, 03:18 PM   #24
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos
Yeah, I don't use the holster, and I forget to lock the keypad. It would be nice to have a keylock without leaving PD. Even just a manual keylock in PD will be nice.
I have mine set in options to lock after ten minutes and I dont run any extra programs its a standard feature on my 7520
Old 04-27-2005, 06:00 AM   #25
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

rsouthern,

In version 2 the missed calls will only show calls from the last 24 hours. You can only launch the calendar in the default mode you have set in that app. In addition, you will see +/- for stock changes.

Keep watching...version 2 is only a week away!

Mark
Old 04-27-2005, 08:54 AM   #26
Halcyon

Any possible way to add a few additional weather forecast modes that you can toggle between? i.e. hourly and ten day forecast? Loading up the weather.com website is unwieldy.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:24 PM   #27
ToddziLLa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint

Can't wait!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:09 AM   #28
runner2625

Model: 7290
Default Pd2

Installed it last night, looks and works great (BB7290 BES on Cingular). With the additional +/- on the stock quotes info I can only now see two stock quotes. Can this be expanded?
My apologies if this has been referenced elsewhere, I did a search.
Thanks!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:15 AM   #29
crs

runner2625,

You can see only 2 stocks per line, but you can have multiple lines. Just add symbols with the '+' sign like this...abc+def+ghi+

Mark
Old 04-29-2005, 07:17 AM   #30
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Just got V2 installed and have a very dumb question. How do I get the speeddial to work? I go the the menu option and select a letter which takes me to my address book where I pick a person to assign and then what? I can view it and see the speeddial is showing that letter but I don't see an option to save it and closing it goes back to the list of letters with nothing saved. I am sure I am missing something but I give up. How is this done?

Also a few more early observations:
1. Previously reported bug when moving to top of month view with alt key still is there.
2. Stock fields still need to be wider to be able to display things such as the Dow Index plus changes.
3. Need some way to quickly move to the top and bottom of the page. Maybe a page up/down function would help (unless it exists and I don't know about it). Maybe a top and bottom hotkey assignment option would work. Problem here is too much thumbwheel scrolling.
4. For the next version, need to add a way to scroll the various summary screens so they don't have to be so large in order to see enough. One option may be to set a key (space bar maybe) to expand and collapase the entire summary view to just show totals or to open all the way up.

As always, by far the most useful app on my BB. Thanks for all the work.

Last edited by ahovis; 04-29-2005 at 07:30 AM..
Old 04-29-2005, 07:26 AM   #31
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

My Stocks isn't working for me with v2.0. Weather is fine, but My Stocks shows a bit of HTML code and no other information.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:39 AM   #32
crs

ahovis,

for speed dial, once you have the contact selected, hit the tracksheel and select "Email xxx". Then PocketDay will prompt you to pick the phone number.

I'm going to change the stock fields for numbers > 1000 to strip off the decimals.

I'll think about the other suggestion.

Mark
Old 04-29-2005, 07:42 AM   #33
crs

njblackberry,

Do you have any funny characters in your stock symbols config. If not, exit PD using the Menu/Exit command and restart. I've seen this once or twice myself.

Sometimes if you use the '^' characters in the symbol (like for the stock indexes) this happens. If you're using a '^' change it to this '%5E' and all should be well.

Mark
Old 04-29-2005, 08:35 AM   #34
eddively

Model: 7100T

any changes you make w/ the PocketDay PIM...do those sync automatically w/ your computer just like the built in PIM software does?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:45 AM   #35
crs

eddively,

Yes, PocketDay uses the built in PIM databases so everything is compatible.

Mark
Old 04-29-2005, 08:53 AM   #36
Pentarus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Bell Mobility

Mark,

I like the new look! Great job.

Question for you...

I am on a Corp BES. When I accept a calendar entry on my desktop it syncs wirelessly to my Blackberry. Although the new entry is on my Blackberry (I can see it by switching to built in Calendar app), it doesn't appear automatically on the Today view. I have to exit the application and come back to see it. I am doing something wrong?

*** Sorry I was wrong ***
The Calendar entry does appear on the today screen... It's just take a little while.

Last edited by Pentarus; 04-30-2005 at 09:19 AM..
Old 04-29-2005, 08:59 AM   #37
harleyxlc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: T-Mobile

Regarding the speed dial. When I choose a name and select Email..." my only choices are email addresses, not phone numbers.

The other new features are great!
Old 04-29-2005, 09:12 AM   #38
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks _ I went into settings, dropped down to one symbol (no special characters used) and it worked. Adding them back in one at a time and it is working. Great job on a wonderful and useful product!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:10 AM   #39
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Mark,
Thanks for the reply. I did not have the option to "Email xxx" as I was trying to link my voicemail number to the speed dial and it had no email address associated with it so there was no option on the menu. By adding a dummy address this now works. May need a better way to do this if possible.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:20 AM   #40
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Mark,
Guess there is no way to just make the speeddial list from the BB OS work in PocketDay? Since the keys can function as a hotkey with a quick push and a speed dial with a push-and-hold this would be easy to use and you would not have to duplicate your speedial list in PocketDay.
Closed Thread