Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #21
Mmagot
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

i used the blackjak II tilt and moto q they all broke so i finally decided to try the curve and now im asking myself why did i wait this long to get a BB. im so happy with the curve
Old 11-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #22
Serpentine009
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Have always been a gadget junkie. So around 2004 I purchased a Windows smart phone, that was a clam shell design. I was in college at the time and liked the idea of keeping my resume on my chip and being able to send it out to contacts etc… Well within a weekend I returned the phone…it was nowhere near where I wanted it to be.

Some time later I got the MotoQ on the day it was released with Verizon. I loved it. I hacked it and made a bunch of upgrade and was connected to an Exchange Server. I was an independent contractor and I had access to the Exchange Server even after I left, but it made no sense at all for me to use there email account so I began using my personal MSN account. The interface on the Q was terrible. So I decided to make the jump to BB and try it out.

I purchased a VZW Pearl about a year ago, right when it came out for Verizon. At first I hated it. I couldn’t get used to the keypad. I was terribly unhappy with the email interface. I thought I would be able to use my MSN account and have 2-way sync. I was used to my old exchange server which was awesome. No wires, no Plugs. That started my searching and testing for the proper email setup for the BB. That’ s how I landed on BBForums. I fully tested Gmail (both IMAP and POP), Yahoo, and MSN. I decided to go with Yahoo and made the switch.

Now I have a Curve and I love, love, love it. I am truly addicted. Although I don’t have an Exchange like sync, I pretty much sync everything I need to when I plug my device in.

I have converted a handful of people of to the BB world, and they have their lives in order now. I also converted my wife and we invite each other on calendar events. In the past we would make plans and always forget about things like, oh that’s my cousins wedding, or we promised friends we’d meet for drinks. Now we are thoroughly in order. I am interested in UNITE, but have yet to fully test it.

Anyway, the BB is truly addictive. Without it I am not sure I would accomplish everything that must get done in a day.

I keep my BB for personal use only, I am not connected to my corporate server. If the day comes where they deem it necessary for me to be in constant touch, I will simply carry two devices.
Closed Thread