BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #21
Sharpy

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I have been planning to pick one up, but I think I will wait a bit longer and see if this new one has better sound....should be out before too long.

Aliph Jawbone 2 exposed - Engadget
Old 04-17-2008, 09:34 AM   #22
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

looks nice!
Old 04-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #23
kjjb0204
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Wirelessly posted

That thing is superfugly.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #24
NorCalVP
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: The Devil (Verizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpy View Post
I have been planning to pick one up, but I think I will wait a bit longer and see if this new one has better sound....should be out before too long.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/media/...bone-2-fcc.jpg

Aliph Jawbone 2 exposed - Engadget
HMMMM..... Maybe I should return this one and wait for the next revision.....
Old 04-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #25
picturemann

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

I've thought mine incredible.

I judge the quality of sound the person on the other end of the conversation to be just as important as what I hear.

I do miss the extra amplification of some other sets (not many) but I've found by wearing the ear piece best suited to my ear canal I improved hearing quality 50%.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #26
ka7gzr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

I have owned many devices such as the Jawbone, Plantronics 855, etc. and they don't sound good as every other device with a mic way too far from your mouth. Forget the "bone" vibration"- it's still a marginal fix for the basic issue. Get the mic to the source!
I'm awaitng the arrival of my "etyblu". I will report out on it's performance.
Jim
Old 04-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #27
metro12
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: verizon

Jawbone works fine as far as reception and clarity on both ends of the conversation (my experience anyway) but the fit has made the device unusable for me. I have tried every which way to improve the fit but it just keeps falling out of my ear. I am in search if of something with similar qaulity with better fit.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #28
10ACTony
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro12 View Post
Jawbone works fine as far as reception and clarity on both ends of the conversation (my experience anyway) but the fit has made the device unusable for me. I have tried every which way to improve the fit but it just keeps falling out of my ear. I am in search if of something with similar qaulity with better fit.
Try the Jabra BT5010. A couple reviews rated it just under the jawbone. I've had one about 8 months and like it a lote. Noise canceling is quite good. I paid $70 for it but Amazon has it for under $25.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:10 AM   #29
Hardwaregeek
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800

The perfect headset would be a Jabra BT250 with jawbone noise cancelling technology. Is this technology that big a secret that the other guy's can't do it too??? I loved my Jabra BT250 never even knew it was on my ear and actually got in the shower one morning with it on forgetting I had it on....DUH! But that says something for the fit, I too have always hated the Jawbone fit it just has never fit right. Aliph sent me 8 ear loops none of which were different and they gave me big balls about it too. they have been less than helpful when I have talked to them. I would love to get one of those nifty ear gels but I am not paying $60+ just for a piece of rubber I don't care how much better it makes things sound or fit. I would pay $10.00 for it and even that is a stretch for a piece of plastic. This stuff just sucks, I am an IT Engineer who has to deal with this stuff everyday from all of my clients and it never ceases to amaze me the games that all of these companies play. Just make a good product and stop trying to compete and they will buy it. Word of mouth is a huge advertiser and the best one i know so if a company just put out a superior product people would just go nuts over it and they would have trouble keeping supply up with demand.
Closed Thread