Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:48 AM   #21
greeneggsandham
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Darby
PIN: N/A
Carrier: FBSD

Please Login to Remove!

No fan of MS here but wm6 could take a bite out of RIM. All new MS OS's have same problems - slow. sluggish, crashes, etc. However, given a bit of time the hardware industry will do what it always does - throw more powerful processors, more memory, etc. to solve the problem of sloppy software engineering. They love MS for this as it stimulates consumer demand for the latest and greatest high zoot devices. Meanwhile, the feedback from wm6 alpha testers - opps, i mean customers, MS will roll out wm6-beta - opps, i mean sp1, soon to be followed by sp2, by wh/time, based on historical precedent, wm6 should be pretty stable, usable, etc. About this time MS will have wm7 alpha ready for market, complete with the latest and greatest batch of non standards conformant proprietary tweaks (oops - there I go again - I mean "features"...) so that 3rd party competing apps will not be capable of integrating as well with the other ponies in MS's stable, backed by overhyped marketing campaign w/essentially infinite resources, and you've got the standard Billy Boy recipe for world domination... Yeah, I know, pretty standard boring stuff. Not much has changed in 20 years....

A big joke? Never happen? Ask former Netscape, Word Perfect, or NetManage (EccoPro), etc. stockholders.....

Last edited by greeneggsandham; 10-28-2007 at 12:25 PM..
Old 10-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #22
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

just mess around with the media card function...as matter of fact u can put some type of encryption on it...so putting email on media card is a possiblity if the encrption is strong enuff.

someone here said u can put ur attachment to the media card now...where is the setting for that? and yes they should let u allow to put apps on the media card. save room for other stuffs like running other apps, and more email on the main one.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:09 PM   #23
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Palm is dead...
they said the same thing for apple back in the early 90's...look where they are now.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:21 PM   #24
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
lol @ im-speak. this is a forum...not a work place. i can write proper and stuff...but i dont have to..this is not the office. i come here to relax and discuss bb stuff witht u guys.
This will be off topic, but since you brought it up...

Work or not, proper grammer is appreciated by those to whom you are trying to communicate with here. This is not "BBF-IM". This is Blackberry Forums. You'll notice there are full words here. The forums are not IM 'nice' as "Gen bb stuf", "8310 kewlness", or "GPS rocks 4ever".

Most of us find IM-speak irritating, difficult to read, and a waste of time. If you want to use IM speak, then go IM someone. Please attempt to use proper grammer here.

Last edited by juwaack68; 10-28-2007 at 09:31 PM..
Old 10-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #25
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
Most of us find IM-speak irritating, difficult to read, and a waste of time...
i dunno if u speak for the majority...but if u were to ask the "older" crowds...they probably agree with u. but i think the "younger" crowds are ok with it. im not trying to im just for the sake of it...i used cuz it is a like "shortcuts."

why dont we do a survey...if the majority votes against im talk..let's make a rule for this forum then.

Last edited by vincentnyc; 10-28-2007 at 09:59 PM..
Old 10-28-2007, 10:02 PM   #26
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

For the sake of discussion....I find it irritating because it makes one look unintelligent. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's not. Your words are all you have here and your choice of them is all that others know you by.

There's no rule but most here really do find it irritating. Also, if one knows how to type then it's actually faster to type the whole word anyway.

Last edited by John Clark; 10-28-2007 at 10:05 PM..
Old 10-28-2007, 10:02 PM   #27
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

No survey necessary, since the forum rules are dictated by the owner. Or should I say:

no srvy necsry, da frm rulz r dicttd by da ownr.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:11 AM   #28
sgtcasey
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

edit

Last edited by sgtcasey; 12-24-2007 at 10:42 PM..
Old 10-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #29
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
No survey necessary, since the forum rules are dictated by the owner. Or should I say:

no srvy necsry, da frm rulz r dicttd by da ownr.
wow...your argument went from majority to u said so. it maybe true.

but it is also true that no one is asking u to read what i write. i mean no one is putting a gun to ur head..right? if ppl dont understand what i write..they wont replied back then.

so u gonna be the grammer police now and tell everyone not to write...lol, u, wtf? r u gonna enforced this?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:13 AM   #30
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

It's very easy to implement. You were asked to write in English. Please do so. Others have been banned from the site for failing to attempt to write in English.

The choice is totally yours.

And no one is putting a gun to your head to stay here and follow our guidelines, correct?

It's not a language. It's laziness. Thank you.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:23 AM   #31
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
And no one is putting a gun to your head to stay here and follow our guidelines, correct?..
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post

There's no rule but most here really do find it irritating..l
Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68
Dear vincentnyc,

You have received a warning at BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?p=720024

Reason:
-------
Inappropriate Language

No, I won't enforce your IM speak, but since 'WTF' is known to be inappropriate language in IM speak, please refrain from using it.
-------
what guidelines?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #32
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

The mods are asking you to write in English. The moderators here have authority to manage these forums. You have been asked to use proper English.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:29 AM   #33
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low

Vincent, don't act like a victim, it's not a pretty site. You have been asked and warned about this before. No one is asking you for the King's English, just an attempt so others may understand your points.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #34
vincentnyc
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Vincent, don't act like a victim, it's not a pretty site. You have been asked and warned about this before. No one is asking you for the King's English, just an attempt so others may understand your points.
thanks jsander for ur kind understanding along with the other kind mods. i will try. i will add njblackberry to my ignore list.

Last edited by vincentnyc; 10-29-2007 at 09:38 AM..
Old 10-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #35
mr.madison
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Tmobile

wow there some serious grammar policing going on huh? Didn't know we were quite that way around here.. lol(oops) oh well. I never use AIM talk cause i type everything out in a txt message, so i do the same every where else. The beauty of having a full keyboard!

well i would have to say coming from a palm, blackberry could use a few of there features. But to be honest i don't think it has anything to do with the fact of it being done by Rim or certain features offered by palm. but more so the want for it to be there from consumers and then more 3rd party apps would be made to make this happen.

As this is the way its handled on a PALM. Palm didnt have it built into there OS but there are launcher programs made for the palm that allow you to make shotcuts from your sd card which I think is genius esp for a program whore as myself. Thats the thing the treo has been around so long on that extended memory circuit it allowed company's to make any and every program you can imagine for the palm. BB are just catching up on that market as most BB users for a very long time had no need for such a tool.

also i am a true bb believer with my curve, but dont sleep on palm .. as said before people did that to apple and look at them now. I know a number of Executives who still carry 755's and a BB. BB for email but the 755 for everything else. also more and more IT depts are setting up treo on the enterprise network so they are just as connected as a BB user.. as well as you know Palm is making a whole new OS. I say a year or two and they will deff make a good hard stab at it. Cant say BB has anything to be worried about, but don't cont them out till they are truly no more.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #36
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low

mr.madison, there is more history here that this one thread.

What can be saved to the SD card is a constant question and discussion around here. I am betting it will improve with time and OS updates, but my "feeling" is that is has more to do with security of the device just now, than anything. With RIM having so many government customers, I feel RIM will attempt to maintain the high security standards for which it is know now, rather than sacrificing it's core business for the consumer market.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #37
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
thanks jsander for ur kind understanding along with the other kind mods. i will try. i will add njblackberry to my ignore list.
You were asked nicely. You were asked nicely by 4 moderators already. Why don't you just go with it and quit looking immature. IMO, NJ treated you quite nicely.

You are the one that asked for everyone's opinions. If you don't want the answer, don't ask the question. Most here don't care for IM speak on a forum. Keep the IM speak on your cell phone. There's a good reason that Blackberrys don't have T9.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:16 AM   #38
mr.madison

Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
mr.madison, there is more history here that this one thread.

What can be saved to the SD card is a constant question and discussion around here. I am betting it will improve with time and OS updates, but my "feeling" is that is has more to do with security of the device just now, than anything. With RIM having so many government customers, I feel RIM will attempt to maintain the high security standards for which it is know now, rather than sacrificing it's core business for the consumer market.

ahh ok.. gotya ;)

But yeah i agree i think the high end gov and cooperate contracts will keep rimm operating in a certain fashion. But i do think they will and have to dive further into the consumer market. With phones like the curve and the pearl i think it makes evident that this is something they are interested in. I believe the next gen on phones will see alot more 3rd party app they unleash some more custom features in there phones and program usage.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 AM   #39
grandad

Model: 8300
Carrier: Orange UK

Quote:
i can write proper and stuff...
lol!

Quote: