BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 02-18-2006, 07:53 PM   #21
ladyhollman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
Don't expect BB Connect to be made available for the 700w. Microsoft has jumped feet first into the push e-mail pool and I can't possibly imagine they'll allow BB Connect to make it onto Windows devices in the future.
The linked article listed by another poster included BB Connect for the 700W. It specefically showed it working on the device.

The device's current "push" email doesn't work for crap at the moment. It isn't really "push", you have to set it up to go get mail every so many minutes. There's nothing automatic about it and it still takes forever to recieve a sent email.

Last edited by ladyhollman; 02-18-2006 at 07:58 PM..
Old 02-18-2006, 10:17 PM   #22
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

That would be great! I'm no expert at this issue, and I know BB Connect is coming out soon for the Treo 650 (Palm OS), but didn't think we would see it for the 700w. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhollman
The linked article listed by another poster included BB Connect for the 700W. It specefically showed it working on the device.
No argument there. I love the 700w, except for its e-mail limitations. I had one for about a week before giving up on it because of bad e-mail functionality. If BB Connect is made available for the 700w, I would strongly consider switching back.

Quote:
The device's current "push" email doesn't work for crap at the moment. It isn't really "push", you have to set it up to go get mail every so many minutes. There's nothing automatic about it and it still takes forever to recieve a sent email.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:49 AM   #23
Mr Pink57
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I went from a Blackberry 7100i to a PPC-6700 and am pretty happy with the switch, the regular email app does suck. So I went ahead and got on a hosted exchange at 4smartphone.com, with that email is MUCH better. But I will say that Pocket MSN sucks so much, I cant even begin to say how much it truely sucks.

pink