Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #21
takepityonme
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

LOL. Because Seidio purchases ads on this forum, the moderators edited my post (and didn't note that it had been edited) as well as moved the post to a less-trafficked location.

Amazing. All I did was post a buyer beware and the forum moderators silenced any discussion. I respect anyone who disagrees with me, but this form of censorship is shameful.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #22
Johnny909
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: Worms

YouTube - Apocalypse Now - Helicopter Attack- Kilgore
Old 08-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #23
johnnyrichter

Model: 8530
PIN: <Status<Options
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by takepityonme View Post
LOL. Because Seidio purchases ads on this forum, the moderators edited my post (and didn't note that it had been edited) as well as moved the post to a less-trafficked location.

Amazing. All I did was post a buyer beware and the forum moderators silenced any discussion. I respect anyone who disagrees with me, but this form of censorship is shameful.
Are you serious? I doubt this has anything to do with advertising or sponsoring.

You're simply just throwing a fit because the factory warranty ran out, and THEN the part broke. Just deal with it and move on. Warranties run out, read the fine print and stop complaining about something that isn't anyone's problem but your own.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #24
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

For the record, NONE of your posts have been edited. It looks to me like the title was edited because your title was inappropriate. And, the rants and raves thread is very well trafficked. This thread belongs here....deal with it.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #25
dasunst3r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I've been seeing this thread over the past week, and I'm frankly getting tired of it. Why don't you just face the facts? 8 is greater than 6, and 8 is 1.333... times greater than 6. Also, why don't you put yourself in a business person's shoes? If shipping that spring will cost you at least a buck, would you do it? So, if they offered you a discount of more than one dollar, you won.

If your holster broke at 6.032258 - 6.035714 months, then you might get a bit more sympathy. Seriously... just put a sock in it.

Last edited by dasunst3r; 08-02-2008 at 11:26 PM..
Old 08-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #26
NickfromIL
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

This forum is very well trafficked, and is still searchable so when you hit new posts, it will still come up. At least they didn't move it to off topic
Old 08-03-2008, 02:34 AM   #27
sgtcasey
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Just to add my two cents, but I've bought several cases from Seidio and had nothing but outstanding customer service from them.

Dave
Old 08-03-2008, 02:57 AM   #28
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

You can't please people like this. This is the same type of person who waits to return an item to the store untill the Return Period has expired and complain about the policy. You keep pointing out that all you wanted was a spring... well as previously stated, THEY PROBABLY DON"T STOCK THEM. They retail these products that are probably manufactured by a 3rd party and NO they would not likely have returns as many in retail will tell you, returns are sent to 3rd party resalers/remanufacturers. If they would not replace it before the 6 month period ended you would have a leg to stand on. In this case YOU DON'T. This type of arguement is like buying gas at the local Shell then complaining that you ran out and they didn't warn you.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #29
Steve Buffington

Carrier: ATT

Hey takepityonme... Got a "junk" drawer? Start one and throw the case in it. Next month you may find a holster that has some else wrong and be able to scavenge it. Sorry about the "buyers remorse" you are having. IT happens...
Old 08-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #30
Fletchi18

Model: 9530
PIN: a Colada

First, I've purchased a few things from Seido and had no problems with them. Everything was great!! Service was great!!

Second, in your first post, you say it broke 'just under 8 months' after you bought it. Then, in a later post, you say '20 or so days'. Which is it?

The holster broke and that's that...buy a new one, don't buy a new one..whatever...Just don't unjustly flame a company who really has done nothing wrong.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #31
drewsb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by takepityonme View Post
LOL. Do you know how to read? If I asked for a new one MONTHS after the warranty ended, you'd be right. We're talking 20 or so days. And I didn't ask for a new product - just a cheap spring.
Well obviously they don't sell the spring "alone" happens with everything car parts is one example... need a wheel bearing buy the housing is just one example.

You don't have to like it and your bad luck sucks and that is a shame but its also life.

Buy a car and go 10 miles or 3 days past your warranty and you get nothing but a huge repair bill.

It's just life... most of the people here have dealt with this company so you can "warn" those people who haven't all you want because there are hundreds here who have nothing but positive remarks to make..

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish but I am certain it is ridiculous
Old 08-04-2008, 11:35 PM   #32
styxgroupi
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: acle of love
Carrier: Alltel

Wirelessly posted

Oh sheesh.. All together now ... Let's have a pity party! My goodness..censorship??? LMAO!!

Last edited by styxgroupi; 08-04-2008 at 11:36 PM..
Old 08-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #33
TX Z71

Model: 8300
Default Broken spring v 2.0

I have the same case for my Curve. It is the Seidio BB8300ASC. The same spring broke, the one that holds the phone in the holster. I emailed Seidio and had no reply. I called Seidio. I asked for just the spring, they said they would do nothing without a receipt. I did not keep the receipt. I offered to ship the broken holster to them to prove my case. They said no. I offered to pay for the spring. They said no.

I like the case, and I expected it to last a lot longer than 5 months. The construction looks good, otherwise I would not have bought it. It was pricey for what it is, but I was willing to pay for what I thought was a good product.

One small spring can fix this and I would be more than pleased. Unfortunately it is now just useless junk.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #34
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

You also MUST keep your receipt. Did you save any of the emails? I keep all emails for that stuff just for such occasion. Shopping online is not like shopping at WalMart.
Closed Thread