BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 12:01 PM   #261
Iconoman

Model: 8700c
Exclamation Vaja Cases?!?

Please Login to Remove!

I know they are expensive but so is the 8700c, I bought a Vaja Case for mine. I am still waiting for it but I have a feeling it will be well worth the $$$. I'll post back when I receive it.

Let me know what you think

Iconoman
Old 03-28-2006, 11:00 AM   #262
jerdubois

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT/Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
They are currently redesigning the clips so check in with them to see where they are .

Guys -

I just spent 10 mins on the phone w/ a gentleman named Salo from Fortte (live person on the second ring, impressive!)

He was SUPER helpful. They are going to manufacturer a new horizontal case to replace my existing one with a belt-clip (non-swivel type) built into it. Much lower profile. I am RA'ing the existing case and will receive the new case in 10 days. It will look like <forttesitehere>/scr/showcategory3.php/58

Though I am not impressed with the case (for the $$) this type of customer service is WELL WORTH it for me. Fantastic job - I will recommend Fortte now and in the future.

Cheers,
Jerome
Old 03-28-2006, 11:08 AM   #263
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdubois
Though I am not impressed with the case (for the $$) this type of customer service is WELL WORTH it for me. Fantastic job - I will recommend Fortte now and in the future.

Cheers,
Jerome
Wait I'm confused.

You're "not impressed with the case" ?

They why bother ordering it?
Old 03-28-2006, 11:09 AM   #264
MikeK2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdubois
Guys -

I just spent 10 mins on the phone w/ a gentleman named Salo from Fortte (live person on the second ring, impressive!)

He was SUPER helpful. They are going to manufacturer a new horizontal case to replace my existing one with a belt-clip (non-swivel type) built into it. Much lower profile. I am RA'ing the existing case and will receive the new case in 10 days. It will look like <forttesitehere>/scr/showcategory3.php/58

Cheers,
Jerome

Am I reading correctly that they are basically custom creating a case for you, or is this a new model and you're getting one of the first ones?

What do I have to do to get one, and is there an actual link to a picture you could post?

Thanks!

Mike
Old 03-28-2006, 11:09 AM   #265
BBRaffey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

I also deat with Salo, but via email, my experience was the same, he responded almost as fast as being on BB messinger. He offered to custom build a horizontal case either with a non swivel clip or a belt loop. I opted for the belt loop and will report on it when received.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:19 AM   #266
MikeK2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRaffey
I also deat with Salo, but via email, my experience was the same, he responded almost as fast as being on BB messinger. He offered to custom build a horizontal case either with a non swivel clip or a belt loop. I opted for the belt loop and will report on it when received.
So, to get a horizontal case from Fortte with a fixed clip I just have to email them and ask? Seriously?!

Is there an email address you could post, or PM me?

Mike
Old 03-28-2006, 11:36 AM   #267
pyro451
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK2
So, to get a horizontal case from Fortte with a fixed clip I just have to email them and ask? Seriously?!

Is there an email address you could post, or PM me?

Mike
Just send an email to [email address] (or go to their webiste) and ask for exactly what you want. They will quote a price to you for it and if it is custom it will take a couple of weeks.

That's it. They are fantastic with customer service.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:55 PM   #268
pyro451
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810

Check out this thread http://www.blackberryforums.net/showthread.php?t=27710 for more info on Fortte cases.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:16 PM   #269
jerdubois

Carrier: ATT/Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreenberg
Wait I'm confused.

You're "not impressed with the case" ?

They why bother ordering it?
Should have edited it - I wasn't INITIALLY impressed due to issues I specified earlier. Very happy with the customer sat. Will post confirming the case in 10 days or so.

Cheers,
Jer
Old 03-28-2006, 07:39 PM   #270
PRB
Platinum Sponsor

Carrier: CINGULAR
Default News From Fortte.com

Hello to all members in this thread...

Due to the increased demand on our cases, we are in the process of implementing about 6 options of clips, swivel clips, belt loops, etc. This process will be ready on the first week of April.

A lot of the requests we receive are from clients that need a customized solution to their method of support, thus we will have I think 90% of the solutions on our site by next week.

I will let this forum thread know as soon as it running... Thanks!
PRB - www.fortte.com
Old 03-29-2006, 03:21 PM   #271
Iconoman

I really dig your cases but I ended up ordering a case from Vaja for one reason... there is a screen cover on thier open face design. I would purchase a case from fortte if it had a screen cover on the open face design to protect it from scratches.

Hoping for change.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:26 PM   #272
lgreenberg

Careful what you wish for.

My review of the Vaja RI052 was not positive.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=30122

Someone else has already reported seeing stress cracks in the clear plastic. I'm also concerned on how the clear plastic is going to scratch. I owned a Boxwave Skin case with a similar plastic cover and it became scratched in the first day I owned it.

I eneded up putting a screen protector on my screen protector.

I'm all for the plastic cover on the open cases as long as they don't scratch or crack.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #273
DocGo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: ask me via PM
Carrier: Rogers

Hey Lgreenberg, my Vaja case came yesterday (similar to yours - open faced). The fit is good (not too tight). My only complaint is the slight difficulty in using the click-wheel, and of course, you have to tilt the screen up a bit to read it because it partially covers the top of the screen if tilted differently. I am happy with the case. Sorry your experience was otherwise.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:52 PM   #274
lgreenberg

Yeah, that was one of my complaints to Vaja. The top portion of the screen is blocked by the case when viewing the screen at an angle (which is the way you most commonly hold your Blackberry.) When you sit the Blackberry in the case down flat on a table it's fine.

That's really only part the problem for me. Yes, the fit is too tight, but may stretch over time.

The leather used is just so cheap and thin feeling. Fortte's Open Faced case using such better feeling leather.

It's all being taken care of now.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #275
aphr0deity
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mo

I wonder if once the leather stretches over time that you'll be able to nudge the Blackberry a few millimeters down and solve the screen covering problem.

Just a thought. From someone who has neither her 8700 OR her case yet. LOL
Old 03-29-2006, 11:50 PM   #276
lgreenberg

That's what they are claiming will happen.

Time will tell.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:59 AM   #277
gwar11d2
Thumbs Must Hurt

"nudging the case down" Vaja...

I noticed with mine it is no longer 'too tight' and I was able to push the case down so it doesn't cover the screen... I grabbed the stiff back with my thumb and pushed the top of the BB down at the same time to kinda get the whole "I used to fit in these jeans before thanksgiving dinner shove" into the case and the screen matches up now. But that doesn't cover the whole stress cracks around the plastic which they say they will look into when they make my second replacement case. Too me, if the plexi-glass like plastic is starting to stretch, the case was too tight to begin with no matter how plyable leather is.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:18 AM   #278
ShaneToronto
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

the krussel cabriolet case looks great. And I can always install a magnet so that's no big deal.. BUT does the blacberry stay in the case and is pulled off the belt every time i get an email/pin/etc? Or do i pull it out of the case?

I am using the OEM active hudrofoam vertical holster which i had bought for my 7200 and although my 8700 is a little loosein it, it's actually perfect and works really well. shuts off, goes into holster mode, etc, etc.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:04 AM   #279
lgreenberg

The Krusell case is a play-thru style case. You don't remove the Blackberry from the case while using it.

Which is why a magnet wouldn't work.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:42 PM   #280
billclark
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8120

When you guys say "stress cracks in the clear plastic", are you talking about stress cracks in the screen protector built into the case, or are you talking about the actual clear plastic of the blackberry's screen?

-B

When I was your age, Pluto was still a planet.
Closed Thread