Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Have I Had Enough Coffee?

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZainny View Post
Hi djm2,

Not sure if I understand this request correctly...But I'm all for tighter integration where possible Can you provide me with a little bit more information how you would like this to work?

Thanks!

eZainny.
Let's see if I can explain this properly. Right now you have a BBSmart Option that allows you to check as to whether the Subject line should be used as the task name or the appointment name. That works, but I often find that my clients use less than descriptive subject lines, so I either have to uncheck the BBSmart option and manually fill in the title I want to use, or go ahead and leave the option checked and edit as appropriate.

If your BBSmart options for naming allowed a pull down selection as opposed to a check box, with one of the options being use of the SmartTag if available, then you could name your task/appointment right in BBSmart and shoot it off to tasks/appointments, as appropriate. (BTW, I really like the ability to use that auto scheduling/tasking.) It might benefit if implemented as a ranking function, i.e., something like:

1. Use Smart Tag if available, else
2. Use Subject if available, else
3. Use sender if available, else
4. Ask

With the ability for the BBSmart user to define their personal rank structure. My personal structure would be as listed above, but others might rank Subject 1 followed by sender and Smart Tag.

Does this explain it? I really new another espresso.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:26 PM   #202
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Hey, eZainny...

Just loaded v2.2...and for some reason, I can tell there is a huge lag in loading the email completely and letting me scroll down with my trackball to read the entire message. I mean, sometimes I have to wait 15-20 seconds before I can even begin to scroll. Why is that?

BTW...if that is the way it is on v2.2...how can I downgrade to v2.1 or even v2.0?
Old 07-21-2007, 04:00 AM   #203
eZainny
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
Hey, eZainny...

Just loaded v2.2...and for some reason, I can tell there is a huge lag in loading the email completely and letting me scroll down with my trackball to read the entire message. I mean, sometimes I have to wait 15-20 seconds before I can even begin to scroll. Why is that?

BTW...if that is the way it is on v2.2...how can I downgrade to v2.1 or even v2.0?
Hi davistld01,

Yeah, that's certainly not what should be happening - I can't explain why though; I don't believe we've had anyone else report this post-upgrade. Possibly try a hard-reset to see if that gets rid of the problem, or perhaps simply install v2.2 fresh (uninstall first).

Funny devices, BlackBerries...

Cheers,
eZainny.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:28 AM   #204
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None

Quote:
Hi davistld01,

Yeah, that's certainly not what should be happening - I can't explain why though; I don't believe we've had anyone else report this post-upgrade. Possibly try a hard-reset to see if that gets rid of the problem, or perhaps simply install v2.2 fresh (uninstall first).

Funny devices, BlackBerries...

Cheers,
eZainny.
You have two PM's.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:37 PM   #205
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Actually, retrieving more requires network traffic to pull the next chunk from the server. Most likely the delays that you are seeing are a result of temporary network delays and/or poor coverage.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:38 PM   #206
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Actually, retrieving more requires network traffic to pull the next chunk from the server. Most likely the delays that you are seeing are a result of temporary network delays and/or poor coverage.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:30 PM   #207
hooper610
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: VZW

I always view emails with the full details in the header. Need to make sure the message wasn't sent to me directly or to see if someone should have been cc'ed. Seriously on 90% of my messages the header detail completely fills the entire screen. There has to be a way to change the header text to match the regular email text size or better yet control it individually.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:09 PM   #208
awfogerty

Model: 8100
Carrier: at&t
Default vcardmaster

I bought and downloaded vcardmaster and yet it doesn't seem to work. I still can't open vcal attachments. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by korereactor View Post
Any possibility that you could add VCardMaster menu support in future releases?

This would add the "Import iCalendar" menu item. This software allows you to add Outlook calendar invites if your are only a BIS user.

By the way, awesome app!!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:15 PM   #209
motogq

Model: 8800
PIN: 23F635E7
Carrier: AT&T

I also get a delay when scrolling down from the top of the emails. When it looks like it's done changing the view of the email, I attempt to scroll down the email. It stalls then all of a sudden it shoots too far down then I have to scroll back up. I'm using full details. This also happens when I scroll to the top & scroll back down.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #210
hooper610

Carrier: VZW
Default Bug Fix Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogq View Post
I also get a delay when scrolling down from the top of the emails. When it looks like it's done changing the view of the email, I attempt to scroll down the email. It stalls then all of a sudden it shoots too far down then I have to scroll back up. I'm using full details. This also happens when I scroll to the top & scroll back down.
This is a DEFINITE BUG. Scrolling starts at the top of the header and not at the top of the message. This is where the perceived delay comes from and why the email will jump. You have no idea where you are when scrolling.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:39 PM   #211
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
Carrier: HK CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfogerty View Post
I bought and downloaded vcardmaster and yet it doesn't seem to work. I still can't open vcal attachments. Any ideas?
It seems it is just the Pearl that is not supported by the vCardMaster. Also a new version seems to come soon. I hope the Pearl is supported by the new version.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:44 AM   #212
eZainny

Hi hooper610,

Yep, in the next release we will put in options to configure the header font size & face. Thanks for the feedback! (and apologies about the delay in replying!)

Cheers,
eZainny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooper610 View Post
I always view emails with the full details in the header. Need to make sure the message wasn't sent to me directly or to see if someone should have been cc'ed. Seriously on 90% of my messages the header detail completely fills the entire screen. There has to be a way to change the header text to match the regular email text size or better yet control it individually.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:46 AM   #213
eZainny

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfogerty View Post
Yep, also aware of this one. Integrating with other software can be a little bit tricky at times - however, this one will definitely go into the next release!

Cheers,
eZainny.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #214
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Purchased! Awesome application and working like a CHAMP on my 8700g

Kris
Old 07-31-2007, 10:38 PM   #215
sshams95

Carrier: Verizon

I am running the 2.2 trial version. Does Beamberry work with BBSmart Email Viewer? I am getting a xxx8220;Retrieving Documentxxx8221; page for over 5 minutes with no results. I cannot open any email attachments using Beamberry since I downloaded BBSmart.

Please advisexxx8230;.I am very impressed with the program and would like to purchase it, however, I need Beamberry to work.

**EDIT: I guess Beamberry server is down, it is now working...please disregard**

Last edited by sshams95; 07-31-2007 at 10:49 PM..
Old 08-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #216
RadioDude
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Yep, also aware of this one. Integrating with other software can be a little bit tricky at times - however, this one will definitely go into the next release!

Cheers,
eZainny.
ezainny, i purchased this back when it was released and have the latest version,any idea when the next update will be released and what will be added to it.

thanks

Last edited by RadioDude; 08-01-2007 at 09:25 PM..
Old 08-01-2007, 11:29 PM   #217
DiRN

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

One thing that sometimes causes me to switch back to the native message viewer is when I want to click on an address in the From/To/CC header and add it to my address book. If possible, I'd love to see this functionality built into SmartView.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:56 AM   #218
eZainny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioDude View Post
ezainny, i purchased this back when it was released and have the latest version,any idea when the next update will be released and what will be added to it.

thanks
Hi RadioDude,

Quite shortly we will be putting out some fix updates which add in some minor features (customizable header font size, etc.) and interface improvements.

However, the big update is still a little ways off - probably about a month or so. We're packing in a pretty big feature in this one which is really going to turn some heads and is technically quite challenging. For competitive reasons I don't really want to mention what exactly it is but I suppose I can hint that this will really change the way you view certain emails and in a very significant way

Thanks for sticking with us all the way too!

Cheers,
eZainny.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #219
eZainny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiRN View Post
One thing that sometimes causes me to switch back to the native message viewer is when I want to click on an address in the From/To/CC header and add it to my address book. If possible, I'd love to see this functionality built into SmartView.
Yep, working on this one. The header/scrolling situation at the moment is a bit less than ideal and we are re-working it now. Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers,
eZainny.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #220
mnylen

Carrier: ATT
Default Downloaded trial - no icon

I downloaded the trial and synched but there is no icon on my screen? Any advise? If I list the appliations it is there...
Closed Thread