Old 06-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
lamxing

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mo
Default Unable to sign my Java Code

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have applied a key from RIM to sign my J2ME code so that I can have access to some of the signed-only features. I was able to sign the application before, and every time I signed the app I received an email from websigner@mail.rim.net saying signing successful and I have "xxxxxxxxx" attempts left. But today when I installed a new OS to my computer and tried signing my code again, it was unsuccessful and I received email saying I have "0 attempt" left. Last time I checked I have many attempts left - something like 3277392. Is there any reason why I can't sign my code any more? Is that the code doesn't allow signing anymore since I have reinstalled my OS, or am I doing the code signing procedure incorrectly?

Thanks for any help !
Old 06-08-2008, 02:37 AM   #2
mhreljac
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Nothing is wrong with what you are doing. I've had to ask RIM Support to regenerate my keys a few times in the past 12 months because, on their side, something happens to them. I don't know exactly what (could be a timeout on them where you need to use them within 30 days or they die, could be someone tried to hack them so they killed all the keys from everyone and regenerated for those that requested it, etc.), but it happens. Usually they will get them to me by the end of the current business day, if I ask in the morning. Otherwise, the next business day they come in.

M
Closed Thread