BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 06-27-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
txschafers
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Default Blackberry Connect on Treo - cingular Web Access

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Treo 650 with BB Connect. I have it working from an e-mail perspective but my internet is not working. Can someone provide the web settings that need to be used for Cingular? I do have a BB data plan so no problem there.

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
txschafers
Thumbs Must Hurt

No one has a solution to this?
Old 06-28-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
a-ser

Model: 8100
Carrier: Any

I'm new to Treo - switched from 8700c to test BBC - and can't find my way around the device yet, but my network preferences are:
Service: MEdia Net
Connection: GPRS
Username: [email address]
APN: wap.cingular
IP Address: automatic
Query DNS is checked, Fallback None.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:12 AM   #4
coreymcl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Where did you get the BlackBerry Connect for Palm OS?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:34 PM   #5
txschafers
Thumbs Must Hurt

If you search the site there is a link to a Singapore Palm site that has it. It worked fine but I could not get my Internet to work at the same time so I stopped using it. Might give it another try after receiving the information above.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #6
Narsil

Model: 7100t
Default BBC Palm

You know I was wondering if that site would give you the correct version of BBC for Palm. But as far as the browser settings, why don't you just use the palm browser? Or is the one on the BBC more robust?

Thanks

-N
Old 07-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #7
knudsonr

Model: Treo

Quote:
Originally Posted by txschafers
I have a Treo 650 with BB Connect. I have it working from an e-mail perspective but my internet is not working. Can someone provide the web settings that need to be used for Cingular? I do have a BB data plan so no problem there.

Thanks!
With Cingular you need more than just a BB data plan - you must have them set your account up as a "BB Connect" plan. They have that for one of their Nokia phones - so just tell them that is what you need. If you just have BB data plan then you can't access the internet from Blazer because Treo can not use Blackberry internet access like traditional Blackberries do. Once you have the "BB Connect" plan then you should be good to go. You will also need to make sure you have an APN set up in your network settings as follows:

Query DNS is checked, Fallback None

The Treo is smart and will switch between the Blackberry APN and the MediaNet APN as necessary.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #8
elbastardocalvo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by knudsonr
The Treo is smart and will switch between the Blackberry APN and the MediaNet APN as necessary.
That was not my experience with the SingTel BBC software, and it is the major reasons I went back to a pure BB device (currently a 7130c).

Last edited by elbastardocalvo; 07-11-2006 at 02:17 PM..
Old 07-18-2006, 07:33 PM   #9
txschafers
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
With Cingular you need more than just a BB data plan - you must have them set your account up as a "BB Connect" plan. They have that for one of their Nokia phones - so just tell them that is what you need. If you just have BB data plan then you can't access the internet from Blazer because Treo can not use Blackberry internet access like traditional Blackberries do. Once you have the "BB Connect" plan then you should be good to go. You will also need to make sure you have an APN set up in your network settings as follows:

If I have them move me to Blackberry Connect can I swap my SIM and my 8700 will still work?
Old 07-19-2006, 05:15 PM   #10
txschafers
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well I loaded BB Connect onto my Treo and it works fantastic! Internet is working as is the e-mail.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #11
txschafers
Thumbs Must Hurt

As a further update.......I ended up going back to my 8700. It was very nice getting push e-mail on my Treo and having my Internet working. But the 8700 is so tightly integrated it is hard to move back to my Treo. Also, I have gotten so use typing and the scroll wheel that the touch screen seems to take more time. I am much more efficient with the BB then my Treo.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #12
switrun

Model: treo
Default Help with BBC on treo/cingular

Quote:

I downloaded the BB connect software and tried to load it. all went well until the part where the software instalagion tries to connect to the Treo. At that point it says it was unable to connect to handset.
BBC softward gets loaded, but when i look at the prefrences screen it says account is suspended.
Desktop software loaded fine too.

any suggestions?
Old 08-16-2006, 01:58 PM   #13
fshamshad

Unhappy Blackberry connect on Treo not working

Hi - I had the same problem. I loaded it on till the last phase when the treo could not connect to my laptop. I'm hoping Cingular officially releases the treo with bbconnect in the US so we can get some support. Anyone live in the NJ area who could show me how to load up bbconnect on the treo? I currently have the 8700 but want to shift over to the treo ASAP.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:43 PM   #14
silver_2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by switrun
I downloaded the BB connect software and tried to load it. all went well until the part where the software instalagion tries to connect to the Treo. At that point it says it was unable to connect to handset.
BBC softward gets loaded, but when i look at the prefrences screen it says account is suspended.
Desktop software loaded fine too.

any suggestions?
I assume you have BB connect data plan and you went to preferences then Main then clicked start service ?

What happened then ?
Old 08-22-2006, 08:07 PM   #15
switrun

Model: treo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_2000
I assume you have BB connect data plan and you went to preferences then Main then clicked start service ?

What happened then ?
Yes i do have BB connect. When i went to main and clicked start service nothing happens. Actually it lists the service as suspended on my treo.
???
Old 10-20-2006, 06:02 PM   #16
silver_2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by switrun
Yes i do have BB connect. When i went to main and clicked start service nothing happens. Actually it lists the service as suspended on my treo.
???
If you are still struggling you need to make SURE you have the correct Data plan AND that the correct network configs are setup in the preferences
BB connect uses its OWN network config - it should be setup during the Palm install - if its not then you can find the details on here somewhere.