Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
OldBold

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Multiple Issues... erratic movements, freezes, resets

Please Login to Remove!

I am new here so my apologies if I post this on the wrong forums... as the title says I have multiple issues with my Bold 9900.

First and foremost, this device was given to me after a few months after activation, the owner decided to opt for the new Z10 and I was handed the phone, I doubt if it has a year but it could be, I know it has less than 2... how do I know if its still under warranty?

Things to know about the phone...
Compression is Enabled
Media card support is also Enabled
Free Space: 187.6 MB
Built-in Media Storage: 6.0GB Total & Free (both the same)
Media Card Storage: Total 29.7GB & Free 21.9GB
OS... 7.1.0.862 (B2435)
WLAN Ver: 4.5.0.250
Cellular Radio Ver:5.0.2.1.1 SV56

Now, onto the issues at hand...

Erratic behavior while moving, more noticeable when playing Brick Breaker, the ball will slow down almost to a crawl, then it will move normally for fractions of a second... like you are playing a game on 10 to 16 frames per second, then jump to 20, then to 30 and it comes back to 5, etc, etc.

If I update or download a new app and has to Restart the OS, I sometimes loose my HighScore but, most importantly, ALL of the Time, brick breaker will reset to starting a new game, even if I was already at level 50 (example)... this is annoying as hell, more so because I have become addicted to this little game.

If I am texting, the typing will sometimes freeze momentarily, other times I will type faster than the words appear on the screen... other times it will lock and I either have to press the end (red) button momentarily or even hard reset the phone by removing the battery.

I have used the memory cleaner and this seem to help but only momentarily. I have also gone to the BB desktop manager and delete some of the apps I don't need or want but to no avail.

I am hoping that I can resolve this issue but barring the need to open up the phone and fiddle with it, I rather seek help by warranting it as a last resort... unless of course, warranty is gone I may attempt to repair it myself with your guidance of course.

I have a friend with the same phone and he does not have this issues. Sorry for the long winded post.

I thank you for help.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Multiple Issues... erratic movements, freezes, resets

The simple thing to do is reload the OS on the phone with a clean load.
You can do a wipe on the phone and it will restore back to factory but you need to do a backup first.

The slow action may be too many Apps are loaded or the OS has corruption.

Go to the Blackberry site and download the free Blackberry Link software if you dont already have it. Then go to your carriers site or use Blackberry and down load the newest OS.
DO NOT put any OS on the device not intended for it.

This forum has information on upgrading and replacing OS on the Z10.

General Z10 Series Discussion - BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

READ, READ READ before doing anything.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Do you know if the phone has been dropped, especially on a corner or has been damp or wet. The symptoms you describe are indicative of water or internal electronic damage.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
OldBold

Knowing the person who gave it to me, I wouldn't put it pass him, dropped, damp, wet, tsunami, you name it... he is capable of off LOL
Although, in his defense, the corners do not seem to have any scratches or dings on it and the LCD was extremely clean (no scratches) when I got it..

Say this is what happened, does it do me any good to go through the problem of doing a WIPE, CLEAN & NEW INSTALL of the OS? or would I just be wasting my time because the damaged (dropped, wet, etc) has already been done.

Thanks, BTW... for all the help

Last edited by OldBold; 02-24-2014 at 01:31 PM..
Old 02-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #5
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

It sounds like it got wet to me. You can check in the battery compartment for moisture indicators. If they're red, it's been wet. You can *try* to dry it out by removing the battery and battery door, and then leave it in a container of uncooked white rice for 4-7 days. Nobody will be able to diagnose your problem without seeing the device in person.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #6
OldBold

I'll live with it until it dies, I get a free replacement or if I need to buy a phone, it won't be a BB... support for it is dismal at best.

And no, I am not saying it because of you guys, I know and understand you guys don't get paid by RIM... I do appreciate all the effort and time. I belong to other forums and I like to help when I can.
Closed Thread