Old 04-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #41
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Look you can print from the iPad

No matter where your "loyalty" lies you have to admit thats funny.

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by SteveO86; 04-17-2010 at 07:24 PM..
Old 04-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #42
dualsub2006
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
PIN: Head
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
No matter where your "loyalty" lies you have to admit thats funny.
That is absolutely hilarious.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:48 PM   #43
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for lightening the mood, SteveO

Man, you don't log on for over 24 hours and another one of these blows up. It's the same arguments again and again, I'm on Ira's side when I'm questioning even reading these anymore.

But then someone may say something I haven't heard four billion times before and I have to look.

I have a crapload of apps and I still have 100mb of memory free, what more could you need? The app memory argument just doesn't cut it with me. My songs and photos go on my memory card, it's nice and convenient if I need to switch them out to another device.
blue.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #44
dualsub2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22 View Post
I have a crapload of apps and I still have 100mb of memory free, what more could you need? The app memory argument just doesn't cut with me.
Look at it this way. I have 3GB of games alone on my iPod Touch. I have 100MB in just 3 apps on my Droid. I had less than 100MB of space available on my BB for apps. While I can't quantify "crapload", I can tell you that I lost data on my BB weekly.

Memory was merely one thing that I mentioned as being a negative for me. Given the total and complete failure of the BB OS in every functional area that is important to me, merely upping the memory isn't going to get it done.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:39 PM   #45
wabbit

PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
RIM's very own Mike Laztarded showing why RIM is so far behind the others in the mobile market. If you thought his "supper apps" speech was bad, take a look at this. Saying that the iphone isn't popular is like saying snow isn't cold. Could he really be that clueless as to the state of the market? With this guy at the helm, RIM is truly doomed.

RIM chief: no market for tablets, touch-only phones | Electronista
he is in a way right.....

look at htc, samsung, nokia, etc all the other phone mfg that make a touch screen none have a huge impact if they had an apple logo then maybe but minus that even with better stats then an iphone they are not selling.

while maybe the apple cult must have the next gen of apple products, most people i know who went apple left apple, for a qwerty phone, also the form factor of the iphone even the touch screen htc's its too big, its clunky and something you have to watch out for a larger screen bigger phone makes it easier to break.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:30 AM   #46
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Old 04-18-2010, 05:38 AM   #47
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post

look at htc, samsung, nokia, etc all the other phone mfg that make a touch screen none have a huge impact if they had an apple logo then maybe but minus that even with better stats then an iphone they are not selling.

while maybe the apple cult must have the next gen of apple products, most people i know who went apple left apple, for a qwerty phone, also the form factor of the iphone even the touch screen htc's its too big, its clunky and something you have to watch out for a larger screen bigger phone makes it easier to break.
Huh?? Not selling, weird. They are selling plenty with more on the way. You must be drinking the same thing as Mike.

And by the way, HTC, which makes lots of touch screen phones is doing quite well.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...profits-681882

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 04-18-2010 at 06:24 AM..
Old 04-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #48
dualsub2006

Quote:
Not selling? Who are you trying to fool? As Aragon stated, HTC is doing quite well and Motorola is actually selling some phones again. These simple facts are due in large part to Android and all of the advantages that it offers over
both BB and iPhone OS.

Quote:
So, here is another person that claims that "most that they know" dumped their iPhone. Ok, fine. Over 85,000,000 iPhone OS devices sold. Billions (literally) of iPhone apps downloaded. Somebody is buying these devices and keeping them.

When compared to what is a touchscreen HTC big and clunky? A Bold? A Curve? I will accept larger and heavier every single time over the under powered, under performing devices put out by some other device manufacturers.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #49
SteveO86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsub2006 View Post
When compared to what is a touchscreen HTC big and clunky? A Bold? A Curve? I will accept larger and heavier every single time over the under powered, under performing devices put out by some other device manufacturers.
Your statement is just another reason on how you prefer your smart phone.. Some people want something that is going to be big and clunky that does everything including cut carrots... While other want something light that can get a job (like email).

As much as this thread is going to "doom" RIM... RIM has started moving a lot of their over seas. They have limited their device to a single carrier.

The adoption of a "BlackBerry" is a lot more wide spread, then a bunch of kids who want an iPhone.

I will admit the iPhone is cool, but the BlackBerry is just my preference it gets put threw hell in hands and is still their at the end of the day...

---

This thread starting out with remarks of RIM's CEO comments on tablet PC and is starting to become a flame war... How about we just create 1 single "RIM is doomed" thread put it in it's hidden sub-forum entitle "i hate RIM and will post on a BB site for no logical" where no one will be bother looking at it.

Give it up for god's sake... When RIM goes under you can scream "I told' you so" all you want.. And you probably will considering your mentality. RIM won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

If anything at least this thread is good for bringing my post count up LOL (not that I need help with that haha)

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by SteveO86; 04-18-2010 at 11:01 AM..
Old 04-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #50
devnull

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
How about we just create 1 single "RIM is doomed" thread put it in it's hidden sub-forum entitle "i hate RIM and will post on a BB site for no logical" where no one will be bother looking at it.

Give it up for god's sake... When RIM goes under you can scream "I told' you so" all you want.. And you probably will considering your mentality. RIM won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
Perfect!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #51
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

I think Lazardus' comments were driven by the fact that RIM doesn't have a tablet or even plans for one. I'm not even sure a BlackBerry tablet would be that popular. RIM's core audience has a different focus.

As for Apple and the Jobs-ian Kool Aid, you have to understand where our compulsion to drink deeply from the Apple chalice comes from. It's the Cupertino RDF: Reality distortion field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
See? It's not our fault!

Warning to all those who criticize The Mothership and her iPad - keep it up and you'll get a late-night visit from our own Mac goon squad. They'll break into your house, drag you to your TV, and force you to watch all the "I'm a Mac/I'm a PC" ads in an infinite loop. Hosted from an Apple TV unit they'll hook up. And because the Mac faithful are generally an artsy crowd, they'll rearrange your furniture before departing, leaving a more "Fung Shwei" setup behind.

(anybody get the "Infinite Loop" reference?)

Last edited by rambo47; 04-18-2010 at 11:40 AM..
Old 04-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #52
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Your statement is just another reason on how you prefer your smart phone.. Some people want something that is going to be big and clunky that does everything including cut carrots... While other want something light that can get a job (like email).
What does that mean, "get the job done"? The other devices don't get the job done? It's funny that I always see this phrase when someone is trying to justify the BB's behind the times OS.

I can "get the job done" better, yes with email, with my iphone. Unlike the BB, it supports Exchange out of the box with support for calendars, contacts and folders. So tell me how the BB "gets the job done" better. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the BB, I use one for it's long battery life and small size. I would like them to do better. And that was what this whole thread was about, the CEO and the reason why they aren't.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #53
SteveO86

I not justifying the BB being behind the times...

And As I stated before the BB is my preference... Tell me what's wrong with that?

I've used an iPhone.. I just have problems with touch screens.. The BB has a physical keyboard that I am comfortable with.
I've used the Storm2 and just didn't like it either... If that makes any difference.

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by SteveO86; 04-18-2010 at 12:31 PM..
Old 04-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #54
dualsub2006

Quote:
Some people want something that is going to be big and clunky that does everything including cut carrots... While other want something light that can get a job (like email).
Your statement is flawed. I don't find the iPhone or the Droid or the Nexus to be either big or clunky. To state that big and clunky is on my list of desires for a phone is wrong.

I find the screen size (and phone size by default) of my Droid to be perfect for my needs. I also find every BB that I have ever used to be too small and under powered for my own needs.

Further, I get the job of email done VERY well on my Droid. Threaded conversations and TOTAL sync with my Gmail and Google Apps accounts. The BB failed MISERABLY at email for me. Suckage well beyond description.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #55
SteveO86

You didn't even quote my whole statement dude...

The part of statement you took, was just a statement on how people prefer their phone...... How someone uses their phone.

I was not comparing any specific phones in that statement.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #56
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
I not justifying the BB being behind the times...

And As I stated before the BB is my preference... Tell me what's wrong with that?

I've used an iPhone.. I just have problems with touch screens.. The BB has a physical keyboard that I am comfortable with.
I've used the Storm2 and just didn't like it either... If that makes any difference.
There is nothing wrong with that being your preference, I was making reference to your "get the job done" phrase which I often found is used when some are trying to justify using the BB over any other device, as if web browsing and lots of other useful apps don't mean anything since they aren't done well on the BB.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #57
bostonnerd

Model: z10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22 View Post
Thanks for lightening the mood, SteveO

But then someone may say something I haven't heard four billion times before and I have to look.
Okay, here's a few points that I haven't seen yet:
* Currently the iPhone (and iPad) have the majority of the mindshare. You can't peruse a Tech site or weekly magazine (Business Week, The Economist, etc) without multiple articles on them. RIM marketing and mindshare has faded into the background.

* The iPhone (and now the iPad) has a multi Billion dollar developer and accessory ecosystem outside from the core product

* Apple controls the agenda with AT&T, not the other way around. No junkware loaded down to the device. Firmware upgrades when Apple wants them, not when AT&T does. No need to constantly futz around with leaked copies of firmware many months before they become "official" (if ever)

* An App store that is still far above all others that generates device user stickiness and considerable revenue for some products.

* A single device platform to develop for. No need to recompile and/or modify code to run on dozens of different platform types and firmware releases.

* No developer favoritism in the use of private API calls as RIM has been accused of.

Just a few discussion points that are different from the ongoing p*ssing contest over whick platform is easier to type on
Old 04-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #58
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Yawn. Buy whatever you prefer, and STFU. Or, as I've heard say in other circumstances: "Don't go away mad. Just go away."

Last edited by djm2; 04-18-2010 at 05:38 PM..
Old 04-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #59
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller

And at the same time, for better or worse, Apple/Jobs is in war with Adobe where Apple appears to have made the first strike. Not good.

Also, if you all remember, Apple was in not that good a shape not that many years ago. They are one of the few technological companies that came back from the edge. In reality Apple, RIM, LG, Motorola, and the others are always one major technical disaster from financial problems. I view Palm as the walking dead at this point. Sort of a zombie phone if you will.

A change in government policy, either here or overseas, could have a major negative impact on the future of various suppliers of electronic toys. This includes Apple. Witness the ban on iPads in Israel for violating the laws for Wi-Fi energy levels. This may be the real reason that Apple has decided to not launch the IPad outside the US until later due to their superior engineering group not being able to understand that a product has to meet the rules of country before it can be imported. I guess being able to read and comprehend is not part of the employment pre-exam at Apple.

At some point RIM might go belly up, but then Apple and the others may very well be buried in the same technology cemetery.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #60
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

This entire thread reminds me of deja vu.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Closed Thread