BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
LightGuy48

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T
Default Sound Profile problems??

Please Login to Remove!

I've noticed since upgrading to a 9700 (5.0.0.405) that the sound profiles are not switching 100% of the time.

As an example, in the Normal profile sometimes my emails will alert with my SMS tone.

Last night I put my phone into my Night profile which mutes enterprise and personal email but leaves Level 1 messages on, about 1 am I got an email from my personal email account and it woke me and my wife up.

I checked the profile and it was still in Night mode, switched back to Normal and then back to Night again and it stuck on the second try.

This is happening consistently every day, just random things seem to ignore the sound profile rules. I've been a BB user for over 7 years and never had this problem until now and I'm quite adept at building Profiles so I don't believe it's id10t issues.

On another note, I use the dial from home screen and now RIM has stolen several keys for screen lock, vibrate, and VM. I do not understand why, the lock already has dedicated key and I don't get why holiding the mute key now enters standby modem instead of switching to vibrate.

Is there anyway to changes these or are they hard coded? I assume hard coded since they're not options under screen/keyboard. I'm very dissapointed in these changes...
Old 02-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
antb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted

I had a similar issue just once with a sound profile. In my case I changed the sounds in a profile and about a month later I started getting alerts with the OLD sounds. I, too, am pretty experienced with sound profiles and bb's in general and it was not user error. To fix I just went back in and - although they were already set correctly visually - changed the ringtones to what I wanted them to (moved to a diff sound then right back) and re-saved.

Not sure what's up with that. But again it has only happened once, for me.

As for the shortcuts - try holding "Q" for vibrate. Not sure if it works with dial from homescreen on - but it does with it off.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
LightGuy48

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

I just wish they wouldn't force you to use the letters, for those functions, at least make them selectable. Also with the other buttons, I never use the standby function and on the Curve holding the mute key gave you Vibrate, I would rather be able to change that function under screen/keyboard options.
Closed Thread