BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
barigirl

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation What does this all mean? T-moble, w/tzones, bb Curves and my conclusions-please help!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi There - I know this forum is filled with knowledgeable people that can help me! You may have pistachios in it for you too

I've tried to find my answers to this question by scouring the forums but I just keep getting frustrated! Ok here's my situation:
I have a curve on Tmoble. Money is tight right now and I'm trying to find a way to access the internet and retrieve email without having to purchase BIS. I have the T-zones service and I have changed the the TCP/APN to read wap.voicestream.com. I am able to use/surf the web though the bb browser on any wifi network and of course I can use t-zones though the t-zones browser. I cannot use any of the programs provided on my blackberry like facebook or maps, messenger - etc. because I assume by default it wants to connect though BIS. I also tried to use the google maps app and had no luck. Yesterday I was looking around tzones and saw some downloadable data apps and found a popular download called Traffic2go. It installed directly to my phone and I found I can use it WITHOUT connecting to a network via wifi. It has to be connecting to the net via tzones so I looked at some of the specifics of the program and found the module for traffic2go different to all the other BB programs preloaded on the phone - the signer ID was listed as MIDP whereas the others were listed as RBA, RBB, RCR, RRT, RSAI, RSAP. I have no clue what those mean nor do i know if it has anything at all to do with how the program enters the internet but I thought I would just mention it. I saw a post that said that they changed the APN to epc.tmoble.com or even wap.tzones.com but I didn't want to make any further changes without consulting with knowledgeable people first!

So in conclusion, I am thinking that there has to be a way to enter the net with tzones without having BIS. If traffic2go can do it why cant everything else? No? And maybe a way to retrieve email? Please help me!
Closed Thread